Snipers Brown and Davis off scot free

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Snipers Brown and Davis off scot free

Yep, you guessed it. No mention of Collingwood's pea-hearted acts of malice in this week's MRP - the Saints are stooged by the AFL once again:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Apparently a free kick against was enough penalty for Leigh Brown. And not as much as a whisper about Didak's dive.

Disgusted... but not surprised.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Lenny didn't seem to cop anything though for contact with an umpire, I am relieved.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

And not as much as a whisper about Didak's dive.
That one is annoying.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
And not as much as a whisper about Didak's dive.
That one is annoying.
Yeah, that pr1ck started to dive before any contact was made....

What a farce that new rule is, the AFL was trying to be proactive about stager's and now they are p1ss weak to nab the first one.

Maybe it's because the umpire got sucked in and didn't want to correct a bad call by the umpire...

P1ss weak IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I read somewhere today that the MRP will only look at incidents that they deem no contact has been made at all, not exaggerated staging of impact that has in fact occured. Not sure if it's true...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I swear Didak was falling b4 Dawson even made contact. One of the most blatant dives I've ever seen, and I half expected the umpy to pay the free kick to Dawson.

AS for Leigh Brown, if Bakes gets 7 weeks for blocking off the ball, then Brown should have at least got a couple. Riewoldt was definitely stunned by the hit. It was 100m off the ball and there is no way in the world he could reasonably expect contact. Ironically if Brown had done that within say 20m of the ball (outside the lawful distance, but close enough to be obvious that Riewoldt was following the ball) then Brown probably would have got weeks.

Thompson4
Club Player

Good posts !

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes and I hear they've also agreed to default to Tarkin Lockyer when unsure about whether or not its a goal to the opposing side.

This precedent was established Friday night and should work well into the future it's been decided

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
AS for Leigh Brown, if Bakes gets 7 weeks for blocking off the ball, then Brown should have at least got a couple. Riewoldt was definitely stunned by the hit. It was 100m off the ball and there is no way in the world he could reasonably expect contact. Ironically if Brown had done that within say 20m of the ball (outside the lawful distance, but close enough to be obvious that Riewoldt was following the ball) then Brown probably would have got weeks.
This one is a mistake IMO. I mean what's the diff between Brown's act and that of King last year (for which the latter got 4)? Where's Plugger66? He's usually pretty good with the whys and why nots of this sorta thing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Dont worry about Davis and Didak, come September, they suspend themselves.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Moods wrote:
This one is a mistake IMO. I mean what's the diff between Brown's act and that of King last year (for which the latter got 4)? Where's Plugger66? He's usually pretty good with the whys and why nots of this sorta thing.
Actually thought Brown would get 2 weeks reduced to one. As were arent playing them in that period i dont care though. And the fact Brown isnt a good players makes it worry me even less. Yes people will say what about our guys, well that has happened so what does it matter any more. it is about this year and us winning a flag finally.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Proof of bias once again...absolutely disgraceful.

Trent West bumps X into next week = 0 weeks
Stephen King does the same = 4 weeks
Leigh Brown does the same = 0

In. f******. Credible.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Proof of bias once again...absolutely disgraceful.

In. f******. Credible.
fraid so... sucks doesn't it...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In. f******. Credible.
Who is X?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Furphy
Club Player

Also, did anyone notice the same player that gave Kosi a fractured skull has no case to answer after that reckless charge on a Hawks player that could have easily had a similar outcome to Kosi's? Ironically, Kosi still has one week to go on that minor bump in round one.

SaintDippa
Club Player

MRP = Circus. Spin the wheel see where it lands...

The system is Bizarre. A joke.

Anderson or someone in AFL House - maybe drag Dimetriou away from counting his millions (Bizarre again!!) - NEED to investigate the lack of consistency and bizzarreness.

wallbanger
Club Player

As was mentioned the other day in another thread, the mind-boggling and blatant double-standards when it comes to St Kilda and the tribunal (as offenders or victims) continues.

What a joke.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I was surprised to see Brown come off without even a mention. I thought he would have at least copped a week for his spineless act.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

In. f******. Credible.
Who is X?
Just started barracking for St Kilda this week, have we?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I was surprised to see Brown come off without even a mention. I thought he would have at least copped a week for his spineless act.
Obviously wasn't mentioned enough during the telecast...where's Ox and his trial by media when you need him?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

degruch wrote:
TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I was surprised to see Brown come off without even a mention. I thought he would have at least copped a week for his spineless act.
Obviously wasn't mentioned enough during the telecast...where's Ox and his trial by media when you need him?
Yeah it rated very little mention or so it seemed (perhaps its just my saints biased ears :lol: )

It does suck though when you see the turkeys of the game trying to take out the eagles

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through