SandyRd 1 Sun Vs Frankston Scores

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Why do people want McQualter dropped?

I think Stanley comes in for Riewoldt. Rotate Gardiner and Goddard into the forward line. No other changes.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Steven is a class player.....hasn't he played 1 game????

He is unproven.....and needs a shot first before we annoint him anything..

Armo is earning his stripes, has 25 games a VFL B&F and a AFL BOG to his name....and a NAB cup game BOG...

Geary the same

McEvoy a bit below

Steven and Stanley are still relitively unknown...at the highest level

Sam23
SS Life Member

Re: Changes this week...

WinnersOnly wrote:Sammy FISHER to CHF, GODDARD to FF.
FREMANTLE TO 25 GOALS

ST.KILDA TO 3-1

seriously. :roll:

Goddard.
esaint66
SS Life Member

battye wrote:Why do people want McQualter dropped?

I think Stanley comes in for Riewoldt. Rotate Gardiner and Goddard into the forward line. No other changes.

Absoloutly agree.

zebraman
Club Player

after watching today's game maybe it's time for Rhys Stanley to take Riewoldt's spot...He can run...mark and is a pretty reasonable kick...I couldn't see any other players out there today who could be a ready made replacement for Roo...as someone said earlier most of his good work was around the ground and in the in the ruck...

Interesting dilemna for the Saints selctors

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:after watching today's game maybe it's time for Rhys Stanley to take Riewoldt's spot...He can run...mark and is a pretty reasonable kick...I couldn't see any other players out there today who could be a ready made replacement for Roo...as someone said earlier most of his good work was around the ground and in the in the ruck...

zebraman- was the Point Walshy's first score in Aussie rules- just misjudged that awful wind....?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:after watching today's game maybe it's time for Rhys Stanley to take Riewoldt's spot...He can run...mark and is a pretty reasonable kick...I couldn't see any other players out there today who could be a ready made replacement for Roo...as someone said earlier most of his good work was around the ground and in the in the ruck...

Ta...as you watched the game. Where did Stanley play, and how did Cahill go?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:By the way I believe Stanley is 202cm, the same as King.
How did you measure him.
Football record and the club website (both hopelessly unreliable) have him at 200cm.

If you were standing in front of him with the measuring stick behind him, the angle could make the reading 220cm.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
zebraman
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:

zebraman- was the Point Walshy's first score in Aussie rules- just misjudged that awful wind....?
Yep...I think it was...on his left foot too which didn't help

jackyboy
Club Player

If Raph was BOG today then I'd say IN: Raph OUT: Reiwoldt. Allowing Goddard or Fisher to play forward. If Ross sticks to his usual style I think we'll see as little change to the team as possible, which could mean Stanley being brought in for a direct replacement for Reiwoldt meaning fish/ goddard can stay down back/midfield

Carn the saints!
zebraman
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

Ta...as you watched the game. Where did Stanley play, and how did Cahill go?
Stanley played a bit up forward but t=really came into the game when he moved into the ruck...

Cahill is getting better each week...I thought he was lucky to be kept on the list after seeing him last year, but he's taking his chance now...they were rotating him and Sautner at full forward....He got 3 goals today...but he's a fair way off AFL

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Stanley or Raph. This week's prob a good opp for Stanley to be given a go. Not too much tall timber in Freo's back six. But Raph's prob the safer selection. Him in also frees Goddard to roam pretty much everywhere.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

From what I gather today the best were Clarke, steven and Stanley. obviously Steven cant play so it is whether we go tall or small with either Stanley or raph playing. for structure I would pick Stanley but RL seems to like Clarke. Basically I have no idea out of the 2.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote: Ta...as you watched the game. Where did Stanley play, and how did Cahill go?
Stanley played a bit up forward but t=really came into the game when he moved into the ruck...

Cahill is getting better each week...I thought he was lucky to be kept on the list after seeing him last year, but he's taking his chance now...they were rotating him and Sautner at full forward....He got 3 goals today...but he's a fair way off AFL
will be interesting to se how Paul recoveres from that hit- taped up before he went back on in the last--
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 11 Apr 2010 9:50pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mordi
Club Player

saw second half..........and IMHO

Stanley looks a natural...great hands.....still raw...but would like to see him in the big league

If Raph was BOG, it is a worry. The VFL is still old school footy (ie not close to the slick movement and pressure of AFL) but he still has occasions when he gets caught or looks slow ( as in decision making) even at VFL level.

To be honest no on else stood out. Ruckmen dont seem to look great when they drop down to a lower quality comp.

What's the Point of it All?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Zebraman. Mordi and Plugger.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thequarry
Club Player

My worry for Stanley coming in would be that if played up forward as something (structurally) of a replacement for Riewoldt, there's a chance he gets the Dockers' best defender - most probably Luke McPharlin. He would have to do a lot right for a first gamer to win that battle, and McPharlin can really hurt you both ways.

It will be interesting to see how the forward line is structured this week, regardless of who comes in.

Also thanks guys for Sandy updates and info.
Last edited by thequarry on Sun 11 Apr 2010 9:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

zebraman
Club Player

mordi wrote:saw second half..........and IMHO

Stanley looks a natural...great hands.....still raw...but would like to see him in the big league

If Raph was BOG, it is a worry. The VFL is still old school footy (ie not close to the slick movement and pressure of AFL) but he still has occasions when he gets caught or looks slow ( as in decision making) even at VFL level.

To be honest no on else stood out. Ruckmen dont seem to look great when they drop down to a lower quality comp.
I watched all the game and I didn't see one "raph" type error at all today...of course there wasn't slick movement...it was blowing an absolute gale at Frankston...Frankston aint Etihad Stadium

mordi
Club Player

I watched all the game and I didn't see one "raph" type error at all today...of course there wasn't slick movement...it was blowing an absolute gale at Frankston...Frankston aint Etihad Stadium
Zebraman, wasnt trying to be anti-Raph, just dont think he stood out enough to warrant auto recall to the team......given the pace and pressure we play at.

What's the Point of it All?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
FREMANTLE TO 25 GOALS

ST.KILDA TO 3-1

+1. I'm still trying to figure out where this Goddard to FF fantasy comes from. No offense to Winners, its not the first time I'm seen this 'solution' proposed.

Goddard to FF has proven to be (a) robbing Peter to pay Paul on our backline structure, and (b) generally fruitless (as it was Friday night). BJ had one good cameo up forward once, he's not a KP forward and his drive out of defense is sorely missed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
FREMANTLE TO 25 GOALS

ST.KILDA TO 3-1

+1. I'm still trying to figure out where this Goddard to FF fantasy comes from. No offense to Winners, its not the first time I'm seen this 'solution' proposed.

Goddard to FF has proven to be (a) robbing Peter to pay Paul on our backline structure, and (b) generally fruitless (as it was Friday night). BJ had one good cameo up forward once, he's not a KP forward and his drive out of defense is sorely missed.
Totally agree. You would think he is Plugger, Dunstall and Coleman rolled into one the way people say he could play FF on here. To me i havent seen much to suggest BJ would be any better than BJ if he played at FF.

G-Unit
Club Player

Bringing in Raph is not the issue, of more concern to me is that people want him in to allow Sam to play as a key forward. I would much rather we leave our back 6 intact. I know the Pies didn't kick straight but we are still keeping teams to very low scores. Keeping Sam back means Goddard is needed less back and is free to roam forward.

With Rhys and Gards playing as the main forward targets we keep our structure that has been so effective. Also, i don't think Rhys will be an issue allowing Mcpharlin to run off him, as we all know, Rhys is super quick and just have a look back to the NAB to see the forward line pressure he provides. Plus I'de be super excited to see how he goes on the big stage!

suss
Club Player

jackyboy wrote:If Raph was BOG today then I'd say IN: Raph OUT: Reiwoldt. Allowing Goddard or Fisher to play forward. If Ross sticks to his usual style I think we'll see as little change to the team as possible, which could mean Stanley being brought in for a direct replacement for Reiwoldt meaning fish/ goddard can stay down back/midfield
Yeah, I agree with this. With Kosi coming back next week Stanley's inclusion may only last one game - that doesn't make sense with Raph more likely to be a part of our most complete team.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

How did you measure him.
Football record and the club website (both hopelessly unreliable) have him at 200cm.
Think about it Ace. He was 200 cm when recruited at 17 yrs old. Boys generally dont stop growing at 17. There was a photo published last year, with him. King, McEvoy, and some other of our talls. He was the same height as King, obviously taller than McEvoy and the others. (I actually thought he was slightly taller than King, maybe 203cm). In any case I have recently seen him listed as 202cm.
Last edited by borderbarry on Sun 11 Apr 2010 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I agree with this. With Kosi coming back next week Stanley's inclusion may only last one game - that doesn't make sense with Raph more likely to be a part of our most complete team.

Er, he is not replacing Kosi, he would be replacing Roo.