Development roles in footy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Development roles in footy?

Interesting read on Garry Hocking being watched this week by the AFL who says he is spending to much time on the ground giving orders as Ports runner.

A coach is not allowed to be a runner but becuase of grey areas in the game Hocking can run out there even though he is employed by Port in a development role.

So is this Port just pushing the boundries once again, I like it if they are, good on them if it gets them an edge in the game. It is like they have looked at the rules of the game and said right we can do this and have an answer for it and it is within the rules, takes it to another level for mine, outsmart the rest of the comp off the feild and lets see what happens :lol:

Come on Saints lets get the stretcher out tonight but within the rules Oh! and with a Collingwood player on it anyone will do :wink: And lets get Harves back into the club with a so called development role so we can have the great man still out on the ground when we win our 3rd flag next year (perhaps a little bit ahead of myself but you know what I mean)

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010