Official Saints Injury LIES for Round 3

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

falka
Club Player

I just want to know if Jack Steven is any chance of ever playing again. There have been a number of players retire due to foot injuries over the last few years (Egan, Croad etc)

I read on another post he had bones fused in his foot (as did the 2 mentioned players before retiring)

I have also read he is OK.

He is a player of the future, best under 20 player on our list.

WHAT THE F IS HIS PROGNOSIS besides TBA and '2 weeks'?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We would all love to know where Jack is at the moment, but the club don't seem interested in letting us know.

Must be a secret plan to confuse the opposition.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Badlands
Club Player

bigred wrote:
Get over yourselves. No one cares what you think.
Well... seems you care.
Otherwise why even post on the thread?

The injury list was posted on the newswire this afternoon, every single one of the other 15 clubs managed to provide an indication of the likely length of absence of most of their injured players. St Kilda, the lone club to trot out a lengthy list of "TBCs". Looks ordinary. And, imo, is ordinary.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
bigred wrote:
Well... seems you care.
Otherwise why even post on the thread?

The injury list was posted on the newswire this afternoon, every single one of the other 15 clubs managed to provide an indication of the likely length of absence of most of their injured players. St Kilda, the lone club to trot out a lengthy list of "TBCs". Looks ordinary. And, imo, is ordinary.
Yes, but how do you know the other 15 clubs are telling the truth?

avid
Club Player

Badlands wrote:
bigred wrote:
Jeezes!! -- It's a simple, reasonable expectation that followers of the club be given simple injury updates so they can actually FOLLOW their team and it week by week fortunes.
It's a traditional and real part of being a fan -- CARING about who's injured and how they're going.
If it's not part of your vocabulary, bigred, that's quite OK. But stop trying to take the moral highground on a dimension of other people's dedication to their team that you clearly lack.

sainter35
Club Player

bigred wrote:
FGS some of you people have an overinflated sense of entitlement.
Spot on.

The injury list is what it is. Deal with it.

Suck it up and stop being so precious.

The day that you can prove that we are further away from a flag because of the descriptions on the injury list is the day that I will join you in your sooking.

Seriously....Get over yourselves.
What a ridiculous overreaction. :D

What is wrong with our supporters wanting to have an idea about how long our players on the injured list?

We have an overinflated sense of entitlement because we want to see how Sam Fisher is progressing with his rehabilitation or why Nick Winmar hasn't been playing in the VFL?

Where is anybody suggesting that we're any further away from a flag?

Calm down champ. I know it's almost the done thing on here to jump on the front foot and attack your fellow supporters but you've just come across looking like a bit of a twat really.

falka
Club Player

I see that Saintsational support many players including Jack Steven

Surely the player sponsors should know what is happening?

Maybe withdrawal of financial support may persuade the club to give more info.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

falka wrote:I see that Saintsational support many players including Jack Steven

Surely the player sponsors should know what is happening?

Maybe withdrawal of financial support may persuade the club to give more info.
Sponsorship entitles you to a enlarged sense of satisfaction, and whatever priviliges the club deems worthy. Nothing less, nothing more.

Threatining to withdraw support after you've already paid is unlikely to strike fear into the hearts of the club officials ...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:We would all love to know where Jack is at the moment, but the club don't seem interested in letting us know.

Must be a secret plan to confuse the opposition.
This week.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Saints Injury LIES for Round 3

joffaboy wrote:FGS some of you people have an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Complain to the club instead of this weekly sook. You sound like children denied their lollies :roll:
it appears that you have an UNDERinflated sense of entitlement.

the saints expect and receive almost unlimited dedication and loyalty from their supporters. why is it unreasonable to expect them to give something small back? let's be clear. this is a situation where it doesn't hurt the prospects of the team one iota, and would take about ten minutes to do correctly.

it's fine for them to lie in some circumstances, like with s fisher. but with the rest you just can't defend it logically. so you didn't. you played the man instead of the ball.

the main reason i dislike this is because it suggests that the club is incompetent, not smart. that may be the case, but let's not show the whole world so obviously.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Saints Injury LIES for Round 3

bergholt wrote:
joffaboy wrote:FGS some of you people have an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Complain to the club instead of this weekly sook. You sound like children denied their lollies :roll:
it appears that you have an UNDERinflated sense of entitlement.

the saints expect and receive almost unlimited dedication and loyalty from their supporters. why is it unreasonable to expect them to give something small back? let's be clear. this is a situation where it doesn't hurt the prospects of the team one iota, and would take about ten minutes to do correctly.

it's fine for them to lie in some circumstances, like with s fisher. but with the rest you just can't defend it logically. so you didn't. you played the man instead of the ball.

the main reason i dislike this is because it suggests that the club is incompetent, not smart. that may be the case, but let's not show the whole world so obviously.
100% spot on Bergholt. And isn't sooking on here what it's here for? (well one of the reasons :lol: ) I recall someone 'sooking' on here at the start of last year re reserved seating or social club seating being changed. It could have easily been suggested that if YOU weren't happy Joffa you could have taken your beef to the club rather than get on here.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Absolute twaddle.

Keep em guessing.

And I still dont care what you think.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Absolute twaddle.

Keep em guessing.

I think the point these guys are making, is that it doesn't make other clubs guess at all.

It keeps the supporters, who pay the bills, guessing.

I must admit, I'd be a bit shocked if Mark Thompson read the Herald-Sun injury list to each Tuesday morning to see who was playing that weekend.

I think it's a fair complaint from supporters.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I think the point these guys are making, is that it doesn't make other clubs guess at all.

I must admit, I'd be a bit shocked if Mark Thompson read the Herald-Sun injury list to each Tuesday morning to see who was playing that weekend.

I don't.
I like closed sessions, lies and the general secrecy, seems to work, as the results clearly show

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
I like closed sessions, lies and the general secrecy, seems to work, as the results clearly show
I could just about bet that the club we are playing is at our closed session.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
lets say they did manage to get in they would not be able to make any notes, I know of someone who was scouting the pies and wrote some notes on his phone and got kicked out..... doesn't help that most people know who the scouts are by this time of the year

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
lets say they did manage to get in they would not be able to make any notes, I know of someone who was scouting the pies and wrote some notes on his phone and got kicked out..... doesn't help that most people know who the scouts are by this time of the year

If you know the CEO of the southern league you could go up there. i know plenty have. He is well known in footy circles.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

How do the pies have closed training sessions at Gosch's paddock? It's completely open isn't it.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
So why would they be closed then?
As i said its working, what ever closed means, we just had the 2nd best season in our 100+ year history

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
As i said its working, what ever closed means, we just had the 2nd best season in our 100+ year history
Maybe we are just a better side than everyone bar Geelong.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Keep em guessing.

I don't.
Maybe we are just a better side than everyone bar Geelong.
Maybe, maybe not...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I think the point these guys are making, is that it doesn't make other clubs guess at all.
yup.

here's a quote from scott pendlebury on the afl website today, before teams are announced:

“Sam Fisher, an insider’s got to us, and you know we expect him to play as well, so they’re going to be a pretty full-strength side.â€

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote: geez, all these secrets and lies sure worked well then, eh?
What lies?

it says they are all to be assessed.

So you KNOW they are NOT being assessed, do you?

Fair dinkum, overinflated sense of self importance and think you are entitled to know how long a player will be out.

:roll: :roll:

Not even the medical staff know how long they will be out of action.

In case you hadn't noticed, humans are different, and heal differently.

Really sounds childish and quite foolish to harp on this.

instead of crying on here, contact the club, they are very good at responding to petty, banal, and vacuous complaints. I'm sure yours would be looked at immediately.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Not even the medical staff know how long they will be out of action.
no comment on eddy, raph and dempster?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I think the point these guys are making, is that it doesn't make other clubs guess at all.
yup.

here's a quote from scott pendlebury on the afl website today, before teams are announced:

“Sam Fisher, an insider’s got to us, and you know we expect him to play as well, so they’re going to be a pretty full-strength side.â€