Another dud coach from the collingwood factory

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

Another dud coach from the collingwood factory

:lol: has anyone noticed the amount of duds that come from the ranks of "ex-assitant collingwood coaches"? Frawley, Laidley, and now Scott all apprentices of malthouse....hopefully his latest "prodigy" (figjam) will maintain the record when he takes the reins! :lol:

Yus my dear!!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Another dud coach from the collingwood factory

Arthur Mullard wrote::lol: has anyone noticed the amount of duds that come from the ranks of "ex-assitant collingwood coaches"? Frawley, Laidley, and now Scott all apprentices of malthouse....hopefully his latest "prodigy" (figjam) will maintain the record when he takes the reins! :lol:

Frawley got an ordinary side into a prelim. Laidley got a very ordinary side into many finals and Scott has coached 2 games. At least you have given him a chance.

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

:lol: whre are they now?

Yus my dear!!!!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Arthur Mullard wrote::lol: has anyone noticed the amount of duds that come from the ranks of "ex-assitant collingwood coaches"? Frawley, Laidley, and now Scott all apprentices of malthouse....hopefully his latest "prodigy" (figjam) will maintain the record when he takes the reins! :lol:

Frawley got an ordinary side into a prelim. Laidley got a very ordinary side into many finals and Scott has coached 2 games. At least you have given him a chance.

An ordinary side got Frawley into a prelim. A very ordinary side got Laidley into many finals

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought that Collingwood's midfield missed his input in the finals series last year, so Saturday night surprised me.

Do you lose by 104 points and blame the coach?

It wouldn't be the first time a team had opportunity to draw a line in the sand based on a poor performance, they may bounce back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

An ordinary side got Frawley into a prelim. A very ordinary side got Laidley into many finals
Its getting close to 12. Time to stop taking them.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Eh, don't include one our ours in there, remember he is still a Saint at heart :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Was Spud ever an assistant under Malthouse? I knew he was one of Shaw's assistants !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Agree with Plugger on this one. Frawley had Richmond heading in the right direction, Richmond's biggest problem was their recruiting under Miller. Laidley is a BRILLIANT tactician. Have you not noticed the change in Port so far this year? Scott will have North moving upwards in the next couple of years provided he gets recruitment right.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Frawley is one of 2 coaches that has gotten richmond to the finals in the last 20 odd years i think... they looked like a very good team for a period there

Laidley stood the test of time... just coz he didn't win a premiership doesn't mean he was s poor coach and since he quit, was snapped up as an assistant right away

Scott, is only 2 weeks old, Lyon took a while to find his groove too

poor post

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Also agree with plugger, Laidley is hardly a dud

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93