Channel 10 commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Watching the game on ch.10 was yet another frustrating experiance.

Blight seriously sounded like a pissed of fan calling a talk back radio show most of the night, Walls was too intrested in trying to make Quatermain look stupid, Quatermain was apparently doing he best to help Walls and Tim Lane was again at his Saint hating best.

I thaught "at least we have been spared Darcy" but the fool was on the 5th quarter bitching about Roo and the free kicks he gets.

I realise the media (for some reason) are never going to treat us like their heros at Geelong or Collingwood but damn it pisses me off anyway

BANG BANG
They treat us exactly the same as any other side. Its just the paranoia that makes you think differently.
Just interested P66 to know whether you agree with Darcy?

Personally I think this is a concerted effort by Darcy to highlight that Riewoldt gets alot of free kicks and that the majority are staged so that when his beloved Dogs play us through the year his old team mates will be able to play outside the rules believing the umpires will second guess themselves when assessing the validity of a free to Roo.

I can't imagine him targetting his mate Johnno or Brent Harvey in this fashion...it is an amzing stance from someone on the rules committee.

I believe he's wasting his time and only hurting his stance within the media but I do find it perplexing that he can believe Roo staged for the free against Mattner and the one against Hansen.
Yep these guys are after us. Some of you people must walk around with a sore neck thinking everyone is after you. i am called negative because i dont believe commentators hate us where as i prefer to think i am positive they do not hate us. I would suggest you guys go to the chiropractor to get your necks checked. And by the wat big deal that Darcy would be more positive about mates, do we start a thread every time Frawley is positive about us or do just think he is always even handed.

maz1685
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Watching the game on ch.10 was yet another frustrating experiance.

Blight seriously sounded like a pissed of fan calling a talk back radio show most of the night, Walls was too intrested in trying to make Quatermain look stupid, Quatermain was apparently doing he best to help Walls and Tim Lane was again at his Saint hating best.

I thaught "at least we have been spared Darcy" but the fool was on the 5th quarter bitching about Roo and the free kicks he gets.

I realise the media (for some reason) are never going to treat us like their heros at Geelong or Collingwood but damn it pisses me off anyway

BANG BANG
They treat us exactly the same as any other side. Its just the paranoia that makes you think differently.

Personally I think this is a concerted effort by Darcy to highlight that Riewoldt gets alot of free kicks and that the majority are staged so that when his beloved Dogs play us through the year his old team mates will be able to play outside the rules believing the umpires will second guess themselves when assessing the validity of a free to Roo.

I can't imagine him targetting his mate Johnno or Brent Harvey in this fashion...it is an amzing stance from someone on the rules committee.

I believe he's wasting his time and only hurting his stance within the media but I do find it perplexing that he can believe Roo staged for the free against Mattner and the one against Hansen.
Yep these guys are after us. Some of you people must walk around with a sore neck thinking everyone is after you. i am called negative because i dont believe commentators hate us where as i prefer to think i am positive they do not hate us. I would suggest you guys go to the chiropractor to get your necks checked. And by the wat big deal that Darcy would be more positive about mates, do we start a thread every time Frawley is positive about us or do just think he is always even handed.
I agree with you P66, I don't see anything wrong with the commentary, except when someone like Blight brings up the "stages of joy" or some crap like he did last night. But I've never seen the media as out to get St Kilda, they cop just as much as any other team but you can't expect non-stop praise. I think some people just choose not to acknowledge when commentators/journalists say something good about the Saints.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i just think that they suck

maz1685
Club Player

skeptic wrote:i just think that they suck
Fair enough :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

With 8 minutes to go in the first quarter the commentary cut out.
Still had the crowd noise.

Was a very significant improvement.
It was like a genuine replay of the game.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I enjoy channel 10 commentary. I enjoy Blights and walls contribution, they both a great knowledge on the game, I dont think they are biased.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I've just watched the replay and quite frankly I was embarassed by their targetting of Brent Harvey and how they made him their whipping boy for the night.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Brent Harvey and I have no idea what the family dramas he's endured during the week which wasn't mentioned on Channel 10 but other media outlets, but it was disgraceful to continually target him for his performance.

For just once I'd like to hear a commentary team that is without bias, is objective and doesn't need to target a player in order for them to make themselves sound like they're experts.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I enjoy channel 10 commentary. I enjoy Blights and walls contribution, they both a great knowledge on the game, I dont think they are biased.
after watching the replay last night I just wondered what medication Blighty had taken :?:

hence I liked Kelli Underwood- you could listen to the game and watch and know what was happening-

if not in front of the screen with Saturdays game you would have no idea what play was occurring they just seemed to be trying to one up each other with witty one liners - that fell flat.

don't notice any bias- just some commentary would be good.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GSG
Club Player

Watching the replay, I agree, the commentary was definitely not biased against St. Kilda. But if you’re some 50 points up in the first quarter with an ever increasing lead, it’s hard to knock a team. And Blightey, well he was just Blightey - off the planet as usual.

This does not change the fact that the commentary of the Swans-Saints game was nothing but disgraceful and so was Paul Roos’ sooking (and I actually like the guy)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I've just watched the replay and quite frankly I was embarassed by their targetting of Brent Harvey and how they made him their whipping boy for the night.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Brent Harvey and I have no idea what the family dramas he's endured during the week which wasn't mentioned on Channel 10 but other media outlets, but it was disgraceful to continually target him for his performance.

For just once I'd like to hear a commentary team that is without bias, is objective and doesn't need to target a player in order for them to make themselves sound like they're experts.
It has been reported that his nanna passed away.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Early in the Hawks and Cats match Matthew Lloyd had a bit of a stab at Matthew Scarlett for not taking either of Franklin or Roughead to begin the match and somehow defended Dustin Fletcher in the process.

When I thought about it, bit of a what the F***...it seemed like he found a way to have a shot at someone and defend Dustin Fletcher when Scarlett and Fletcher are nothing alike in my opinion. One is a gun and the other is over-rated. One picks up usually a strong forward and the other does a 'Nick Maxwell' and picks up an average player or better yet, nobody.

The Saintsfan Cometh
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Has anyone else noticed the promo Channel 10 ran at the end of today's game.

It's lots of shots of AFL players kicking, running congratulating themselves after kicking the goal of the century etc and it wasn't until they got to the second last shot of Rooey that we got a look in.

So in 2009 we were minor premiers and second in the end but worthy of only one frame of our captain?

Plenty of interstate teams and lots of Hawthorn (over to you Quarters) for a response about why our team got crap coverage.

Saintsfan
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:Has anyone else noticed the promo Channel 10 ran at the end of today's game.

It's lots of shots of AFL players kicking, running congratulating themselves after kicking the goal of the century etc and it wasn't until they got to the second last shot of Rooey that we got a look in.

So in 2009 we were minor premiers and second in the end but worthy of only one frame of our captain?

Plenty of interstate teams and lots of Hawthorn (over to you Quarters) for a response about why our team got crap coverage.
Come on mate you seriously don't think the AFL conspiracy of everyone wanting us all dead in some attempted genocide extends down to the tv commercials?

Come on....

The Saintsfan Cometh
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

No not a conspiracy theory, just an observation that teams far less talented and who finished further down the ladder in 2009 get all the shots in this ad.

Give the Saints some recognition and ditto to the Cats as they don't seem to get much in this ad either.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I've just watched the replay and quite frankly I was embarassed by their targetting of Brent Harvey and how they made him their whipping boy for the night.

I said exactly the same thing. They really did get stuck into him. They were almost willing him to self destruct and a one stage I believe they said something to the effect of he will self destruct in a minute. He was comprehensively beaten on the night, that was obvious, but he had plenty of mates. I just dont get why you would kick a guy while he was down when there were plenty of positive things that could have been said about how the saints were playing. I am sure north supporters would not enjoy watching their team get belted and hearing about how bad their captain was.

Poor form IMO and as I have said a million times, why cant they just call the game

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

BANG BANG

Appreciate your concern over my neck P66 and as I'm seeing my GP tomorrow I'll ask him to check it out but honestly it's feeling fine, thanks. Now back to my question, do you agree with Darcy's belief about Riewoldt and that free kick given by Mattner?

Pretty sure that's all I asked and I'm very sure I never said I believe all commentators hate us or voiced a belief that everyone is after me or St Kilda.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:No not a conspiracy theory, just an observation that teams far less talented and who finished further down the ladder in 2009 get all the shots in this ad.

Give the Saints some recognition and ditto to the Cats as they don't seem to get much in this ad either.

I know most of the owners of channel 10 and they have always hated us and the cats. Just continuing that form. It makes sense and we all know it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Ghost Like wrote:Now back to my question, do you agree with Darcy's belief about Riewoldt and that free kick given by Mattner?

Pretty sure that's all I asked and I'm very sure I never said I believe all commentators hate us or voiced a belief that everyone is after me or St Kilda.
not to get in between you and P66 but my concern over these free kicks to Roo is the reputation he is building.
Not going to argue that a push in the back is a free kick every day of the week, but in both instances you can see the wheels turning in Roo's head, "impact is coming". Check out the replay of the NM instance and you see Roo's head immediately turns towards the umpire as he is going down.
OK that said, now ask yourself this question.
Regarding free kicks, what is my impression of Jonathon Brown compared to Matthew Llloyd?

Seeya
mrkiss
Club Player

ch 10 comm

join the robert walls biased commentary group on facebook

not home to check link but hes a loser depsises the saints with a passion
like lane ie 2 blokes that love carlton (filth) with a passion

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least Walls doesnt have Grant Thomas to bag anymore- he hated him for usurping Blight and not doing a coaching apprenticeship. He loves Roos and doesnt mind Lyon probably played under him when he was a s*** coach at fitzroy. Sydney is spoken of as a a grade team years after their best era.

I dont think we are persecuted by the media just under represented by media performers, for example when we got into the grand final Peter Everitt was the only guy they could find to drag across the lead up shows.

We are represented strongly in the f.wits with issues about us category.

Walls - lives in the 1970s and 80s and still thinks of us as the bottom of the ladder rough nuts who would beat his s*** house poorly coached turd bucket teams.

Blight- don't want to go there but he seems over it when he took credit for putting together the grand final team?

Darcy an overrated ex bulldog that cant get over Lakes hit on Riewoldt, and a dangerous, petty sniper on the rules of game commitee. When Roo was on OWAT he got dobbed in for bagging Riewoldt as a stager and then went soft on his opinion, so he showed footage of Milney from the AFL video and then isolated an incident from the weekend where Milney staged again. Didn't see any Brad Johnson highlights for some reason.

Hudson -Geelongcentric nobody who see any challengers as potential threats and thus not overly praising of any top 8 teams apart from the cats.

Tim Lane -a guy that was better suited to calling VFL wrongly names players consistantly and backs up anything Walls says as he has hero worship issues of the premenstral ex blue.

Bruce Mc ervanry- Still obsessed with the bombers under James Hird seems to be just coming to collect paychecks, spouting catch phrases or trying to out Cometti Dennis.

Dennis Cometti- an amusing walking ego that is unable to follow the fine points of the game but doesnt need to prop his own team up- well it is freo.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:Early in the Hawks and Cats match Matthew Lloyd had a bit of a stab at Matthew Scarlett for not taking either of Franklin or Roughead to begin the match and somehow defended Dustin Fletcher in the process.

When I thought about it, bit of a what the F***...it seemed like he found a way to have a shot at someone and defend Dustin Fletcher when Scarlett and Fletcher are nothing alike in my opinion. One is a gun and the other is over-rated. One picks up usually a strong forward and the other does a 'Nick Maxwell' and picks up an average player or better yet, nobody.
Funny. I heard that comment as well, and thought that Lloyd was actually having a small dig at Fletcher. He said something along the lines of 'why isn't Scarlett picking up Franklin he should be going to the best fwd.' He then went on and said,'THis has been a criticism of Fletcher in the past.' After saying that he left it there I thought - which basically was an unspoken dig at his former team mate. He was then asked some pointed questions about his old club at half time and once again, had small digs at them without going out of his way to tear shreds off them. I found him refreshing - much better than say a Glenn Archer who goes out of his way to defend the kangas. That's fine but don't join the media that's all.