My pet hate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

My pet hate

are supporters who spend their whole time bing negative at players. Had a host of middle aged woment nex to me caning the defenders all night, to the extent that zac was a moron for allowing a north player to mark etc.

But that was nothing compared to the idiot behind me, could not say a nice thing about the players to the extent that during a passage of play where we won back the ball on half back, worked it through the middle with some quick kicks into space (I admit, sometimes it looks from ground level that the ball is going to be tured over, that the beauty of angles) and a lovely kick forward by I think farren ray. The tool behind me shouted "terrible kick" as it went forward, the saints player grabbed it uncontested in the goal square, fmmbled a little and ran into a open goal.

Since it's easter sunday I will do my confessions and admit I lost the plot. Jumped up, yelled my longs out that it was a fantastic piece of play and go saints (among lots of swearing) while staring bloodshot at the idiot behind me. I think he got the message, us supporters go there to SUPPORT. Yes get fustrated when it's warranted but these so called supporters need to get their head tested. They almost want us to screw up.....

end of rant

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
matrix
Saintsational Legend

sucks doesnt it

dawson had the highest effective disposal % too btw lol

booers and player baggers are in all supporter bases for all teams
but why...i have no idea, makes no sense to me.
each to their own tho

but blimey why go there to bag players is beyond me

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

At the end of the day in the eyes of some, "your best will never be good enough".

Those same women would be the same to argue that u should have won by 105 not 104 points.....

Go figure! :roll:

Finna
Club Player

It tells you something about the people and where they are at in their lives.

I bet if you got to look a bit deeper into their lives in general you would find that its all pretty much reflective of the same crap that they let rip at the footy with.

Poor sad bastards!

Oh well....glad its not me.... :roll:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saw you there Solar (aisle 19) and couldn't agree more with you, regarding some people who follow our club, there again they would argue that they pay their subs too! Doesn't make 'em right to search-out faults in what was a pretty much faultless display. As an old (born again Christian) mate of mine used to say: "sometimes all you can do is pray for 'em Dave" :lol: :lol:
Incidentally mate, sorry I was a no-show at the Victory Room :oops: but my Daughters shouted me dinner! (An offer I couldn't refuse!)
Hope to be there (at the VR) before the Pies match. I popped around to aisle 19 at 3/4 time but couldn't spot you folks again. Maybe next game?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The sentiments expressed here are the very reason I prefer to be in a general area rather than totally surrounded by ignorant Saints supporters.

At least ignorant opposition supporters are just ignorant morons.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Onya! :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Onya! :wink: :lol:
you did manage to make the TV again Jigging saint
atleast twice-- you lose your hat at one point?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint1974
Club Player

Totally agree with you Solar I was in aisle 20 had 3 men behind me who the whole game slagged Zac and Jason Blake and said what a disgrace our club was in getting rid of Ball and Mcguire.
Coludn't listen too much longer to their b...sh.. and asked if they watched the Melb and Cwood game all said no ,told them to go home and watch it and tell me how brillant Ball is ,also asked how many goals Goose had kicked on him?
The whole game they bagged one of our players if they made a mistake told them to just shut up and enjoy the game as don't we all follow the same team and we are so far ahead ,what did they want?
But what got to me was we were 90 points up and started to hold the ball up and kick it around,they just went off at the game plan.
Well done guys we won by 104 points FFS just chill relax and enjoy the game!
End of my rant! GO SAINTS!!!!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Hate to think what they said about Roo's play on error. :roll: Maybe you should have pointed out the amount goals North kicked thanks to our great defense. Seriously if you found something to complain about in a shilllaking like that, then you are never going to be happy.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintnick12
Club Player

Agree its very annoying when you have such negative people around you. It's one of my pet hates too. It makes it very difficult to enjoy the game. Some people are pretty hard to please even when their club wins by 100+ points.

We also sit in the social club and generally speaking have not had too many problems. It helps when you are winning most of the time of course. Nothing like a loss to bring out the whinging. Last night we were in aisle 21 and had no problems. I agree everyone it entitled to their own opinion, but its hard to understand why some would come to games every week just to complain constantly about everything, but each to their own.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

In fairness most of these people seem to be a little older. They have probably endured some shocking beatings over the years and feel that no matter how far ahead we are still a chance of losing.

I am sure we are all different people at the footy where you dont think anyone can hear you.

Cut them some slack and just enjoy the win, otherwise you becomes just like them, and really what is the difference between them and some of the negative posters on here :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:In fairness most of these people seem to be a little older. They have probably endured some shocking beatings over the years and feel that no matter how far ahead we are still a chance of losing.

I am sure we are all different people at the footy where you dont think anyone can hear you.

Cut them some slack and just enjoy the win, otherwise you becomes just like them, and really what is the difference between them and some of the negative posters on here :D

no excuse.......i have never bagged a saints player whilst watching a match....never will.......poor form......sure i bagged rix on here.....but then he really wasn't a footballer was he....????...never bagged him at the ground during a match though..... 8-) 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Speaking of not knowing football, the old bloke sitting one row in front of you and two seats to your left Solar. Did you hear him bagging Zac all night? "No wonder Hawthorn got rid of him", "Hall kicked 7 on him, Rocca kicked 8", etc etc. Reckons Haile kicked 3 on him, pretty sure Jimmy Gwilt was on him for the first two.

Did you hear my mate get into an argument with him? Well pretty one sided really Laughing What a disgrace of a "supporter".

I must have been sitting near you too I heard him all night if the same bloke I was in aisle 20 he was starting to irritate me too there are some supporters who should just shutup and barrack for their team instead of bagging them.

Yep row E, eventually my mate couldn't hold back and let him have a spray. Shut hm up.
Oops, put it in the wrong thread :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

saint1974
Club Player

stinger wrote:
mullet wrote:In fairness most of these people seem to be a little older. They have probably endured some shocking beatings over the years and feel that no matter how far ahead we are still a chance of losing.

no excuse.......i have never bagged a saints player whilst watching a match....never will.......poor form......sure i bagged rix on here.....but then he really wasn't a footballer was he....????...never bagged him at the ground during a match though..... 8-) 8-)
Yep I have never bagged a player not even Rix and I have been going to the footy for 37 years and believe you me diring those 37 years ,there were some years when we only won 2 games for the season!

Fearless
Club Player

Agree.

It is uncivilised to bag your own.

If these people are reading this, please stop, think more about how that player is improving and what they can bring to the team.

And, going to the footy when your team wins by 100 points is a positive experience!

Fearless, Saints footy. That's what I like.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Imagine these morons when we are losing.

Oh wait, they post on this site when we are losing.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Imagine these morons when we are losing.

Oh wait, they post on this site when we are losing.

they surely do..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.....unfortunately..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

my pet hate is the "just kick it long" comment ...

i would think most footy people would understand the game better then that but sadly there a many who still think kicking it long to a 4 on 1 is better then kicking it sideways to switch the play to the other side of the feild

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

There was no problem on the Moorabbin Wing on Level 3, Aisle 35. Even the few courageous North supporters acknowledged how good we were.

I reckon the Roo chant started too. It was a joyous night and there were lots of laughs.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Honestly thats why I prefer to sit infront of my TV with a few beers rather than go to the games, at least the only d**khead shouting ill informed rubbish is me :lol:

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
noblejohn
Club Player

Idiot behind us L2 spend most of the first half bagging Gwilt. Yelled "Go forward Gwilt"every time he got the ball. We got at least 3 goals through gwilt switching sides of the ground and he didn't do much wrong all day.
Luckily the moron behind us shut up in the second half.
Some people ( I refuse to call them supporters because they do the exact opposite) have no idea how the modern game is played.
Why does every side have to have a whipping boy.
Gwilt must have played a top game (judging by the lack of threads criticising him that normally appear after every game he plays) and doesn't deserve the bagging that he attracts.
Any player that pulls on a saints jumper deserves our unqualified support during the game and I for one have never and will never have a go at one of our boys.
Blake, Raph, Qwilt, King, Milne, Kosi, Zac, etc all have integral roles to play if we are to win a premiership and deserve our full support
I don't post post often but bagging of any our players by our own supporters is a pet hate of mine.

and did I mention that Gwilt is a NOBLE boy

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
wasaintsfan
Club Player

i hate people who go there bagging out the players... i remember 2 years ago i went to subiaco to watch us vs wce

now many may remember that game... week after we beat the hawks we were flying. then head west and we got our rear ends handed to us by a weak west coast

when i walked away to go get a beer the west coast eagles supporters around me turned around and said to my mrs

"wow hes loves his club doesnt he.. even when they screw up hes yelling good effort better luck next time"

now i dont care if we kick it out of bounds 100 times give away 200 frees aslong as they boys are out there giving it their all and has a go

thats how fans should be.. its upto the coaches to make the call of whos playing useless not us. besides if their own fans arent cheering for them.. where does the will to try harder come from?

saint-stu
Club Player

I really have problems holding in the frustration at these "supporters". Lucky I had my better half to keep me quiet on Saturday.

We all decided to go for the level 3 reserved seats this year, and just my luck we're stuck in front of a pack of St Wingers!

I'm not sure I can take it for a whole year. :evil: Does anyone know if it's possible to change seats before the end of the year?

ace
Saintsational Legend

My pet hate - cats, ........ especially from Geelong.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA