Channel 10 commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Grimfang
Club Player

Anyone catch Billy whining about that 50M penalty on the Ch9 footy show?

Fairly certain that last year, when Jones gave away a 50M to Ablett in home-and-away match for exactly the same thing, he was the first to point out that the umpire hadn't called play on.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:Anyone catch Billy whining about that 50M penalty on the Ch9 footy show?

Fairly certain that last year, when Jones gave away a 50M to Ablett in home-and-away match for exactly the same thing, he was the first to point out that the umpire hadn't called play on.
Seriously we need to get over this thay hate us syndrome. How do people sleep at night thinking the world is against us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OWAAT, Darcy didn't back down on the push in the back, arguing it wasn't in the spirit of the game.

Said Roo milked for a free, and Wallsy agreed that Roo needs to be careful or he will be the first reported for staging.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:OWAAT, Darcy didn't back down on the push in the back, arguing it wasn't in the spirit of the game.

Said Roo milked for a free, and Wallsy agreed that Roo needs to be careful or he will be the first reported for staging.
If Clint Jones had've done the same thing to McVeigh, in the middle of the ground, it would have been a free kick and there would have been no controversy. None of the commentators would have complained. In fact they probably would have got into CJ for being an idiot and costing his side.

Should the ump have not paid it because it was within scoring range? Spare me Darcy & Co! :roll:

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

i am so farking loving their bias

I love the fact that a successful St Kilda side is at last getting the hate that a successful side / tall poppy brings. F*** 'em - one thing about being St Kilda, is being defiant - kicking against the pricks

I loved the fact that we won despite it all and how bad was the Sydney crowd booing at the end - the soft free kicks came around and went around - it all balanced out - get over it you molly coddled sh!ts

You think we felt bad copping a bit from some obviously biased, know nothings, I gotta admit for the second year running i felt something for Richmond supporters (yes, that bad) listening to their Carlton love in commentating the Richmond v Carlton game - was absolutely shameless.
The heavy breathing and salivating would have been indecent, had Judd been out there this year

Joffa 5
Club Player

SainterK wrote:OWAAT, Darcy didn't back down on the push in the back, arguing it wasn't in the spirit of the game.

Darcy was getting so worked up I thought he was going to blow a foofer valve! I didn't mind Darcy last year, now he just s***s me :evil:

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Great comments everyone. these commentators are all fl*gs the way they bump up Sydney.
I went up for the game and it was a great win. We were playing against 25 players...the Swans plus the three umpires.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Great comments everyone. these commentators are all fl*gs the way they bump up Sydney.
I went up for the game and it was a great win. We were playing against 25 players...the Swans plus the three umpires.
5 frees from goals to us and 2 to them. I know ours were there and theres werent. Also they got more frees around the ground. I know all frees should be equal at the end of the game if not us slightly ahead.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Great comments everyone. these commentators are all fl*gs the way they bump up Sydney.
5 frees from goals to us and 2 to them. I know ours were there and theres werent. Also they got more frees around the ground. I know all frees should be equal at the end of the game if not us slightly ahead.
Clearly the umps were taking a mental note about where they stood on the ground when they blew their whistles.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
How many points did they kick from frees. The umpires should have kicked for them as well. Off the top of my head, Goodes in the last quarter, Jack in the first quarter.

What were the five goals we got from frees? I only counted four.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I might start a new thread on this.. I've been to two games in Sydney and the crowd is always annoying. I don't mean like normal supporters.
In Sydney they just don't get it! The swans are the greatest thing since sliced bread and anyone who dares criticize them isn't fair.

At one stage a new player took a mark on the wing, uncontested, 50 m in the clear, and you would have thought he'd just kicked the winning goal! they are fl*gs.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Fearless
Club Player

7 and 10 are both poor. It amazes me that footy is so good and TV commentary below par.

Why so many commentators, two at the most should tell the story of the game.

And why do they not understad that silence is a wonderful suspense tool.

There are plenty of examples of excellent commentry in similar sporting contests - EPL and European soccer telecasts are mostly enthralling and tension building with a minimum of hype.

Ads betwen goals is an annoyance and should be stopped.

Either or both of 7 and 10 have a wonderful opportunity to develop great footy commentary. Also, a choice of commentary streams per game is now surely an option with digital/cable TV.

Fearless, Saints footy. That's what I like.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 10 commentary

meher baba wrote:Simply unbelievably bad.

I am generally loathe to suggest that commentators are biased. But they were unreal tonight.

Goddard gets a 50 for the guy running over the mark. "but Goddard ran off his line". Sorry Tim, if the ump doesn't call play on, you can't run over the mark. End of story.

Rhys Shaw incorrect disposal. "but he was trying to get rid of the ball". No, sorry Tim.

And as for the goose who suggested the free to Riewoldt for in the back wasn't there. Gee wiz....

Really, Tim, "Huddo", Darcy and Walls: what a bunch of imbeciles. Put em all on the "Karma bus" and drive it over a cliff. Please. For the sake of humanity.[/b]
only watched it last night....unbelievably bad ......what a bunch of biased arseholes.....and the swans aren't even a victorian side ffs..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
ace wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote: In the end I was sitting there laughing at them and the umpires because I didn't want to get to worked up as I am about to drop a baby :)

Are you gonna call this one Nick?
Will you put a 100plus game saints player down as the father just so we can get him under the father-son rule.
LOL funny enough I am having a boy this time around, so I should call him Nick but my hubby has different idea's. :shock:

I will go and ring up Dal today and see if he does not mind being on the birth certificate. All jokes aside I had a good laugh last night, he was pretty quiet in the last qrt, soon as our theme song came on he started to kick the hell out of me. THATS MY BOY !!!!
I have my daughter who when she see's anything St Kilda points and goes SAINTS! so I am hoping that will give me a head start with the boy as my hubby thinks he is going to be a bluebagger.

get" oh when the saints' on your ipod.....place one of the ear pieces ..or both...on your stomach and play it a couple of times a day......he will be a sainter for life.....no problem... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

It was a joke when they got stuck into Nick for the free kick he received. Nick's back was turned and he wouldnt have been expecting it and the swans player set himself and bumped him square in the back. The umpire made the decision to give the kick and they commentary box were going off "look at Nick he is laughing about it"

Well I wouldnt say laughing, he may have smiled but so do about 99% of players when they get a free kick for a players actions off the ball.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just watched one week at a time and had to put up with that f stick Luke Darcy and his partner and male menopause victim Robert Walls go after Riewoldt for his staging. Apparently Nick has to watch out because he might be charged for staging under the AFLs new rules. Riewoldt should send his lawyers after that bitter old twat, Darcy needs to let go of the Bulldogs prelim failure, it's over get on with it. He is too busy trying to pose in his "blue steel face" to say anything interesting. He should grab the Brad Johnson highlights reel and see a professional stager at work. I listened to his radio show and really thought with all the money triple m have paid out they could have come up with something better. Anyway, Riewoldt is on next week I wonder if Darcy has the balls to accuse him of staging to his face. They look like a bunch of sycophants ready to massage the egos of anyone that will turn up after the Barry Hall interview.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

After watching the other two footy shows on later that evening, I realised that it's not just my St Kilda bias that has me thinking that Darcy is compromised and emotionally invested in the season big time. :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Replaying saints swans now on 1 hd. They just played malcheskis 50 from mini, tim lane was too busy trying to say that the swans had got ripped off on their 50 to notice how soft the 50 was. Then had to back track on his call for the worst decision on 50 penalty distance. since we have had people questioning how soft and technical the 50 to us was.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Derek Humphrey-Smith has just bagged Luke Darcy on SEN regarding the fact that Darcy is on the AFL rules committee and argued on Saturday night that the shoulder charge to Roo's back from Mattner was NOT a free kick. AS Tim Lane rightly argued, any time any place that is a free kick.

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
Saintsfan
Club Player

SainterK wrote:After watching the other two footy shows on later that evening, I realised that it's not just my St Kilda bias that has me thinking that Darcy is compromised and emotionally invested in the season big time. :)
Darcy is a goodie goodie get on your knees type of fella. He always was as a 'leader' of the dogs and glad to see his get on your knees type style is getting him regular tv gigs.

The Saintsfan Cometh
ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Just watched last half of Sydney game on Fox and noticed that Darcy started calling free kicks against the Saints in the last quarter that were no there.

Sorry, is my one eyed fanatical bias against Luke Darcy showing???

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
Mr X from the West
Club Player

ACTSAINTER wrote:Just watched last half of Sydney game on Fox and noticed that Darcy started calling free kicks against the Saints in the last quarter that were no there.

Sorry, is my one eyed fanatical bias against Luke Darcy showing???
No. His bias is f****** annoying.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
realdeal
Club Player

and his (Darcy's) bar (I refuse to call it a pub) is a craphouse place full of try-hards and w*&#ers.

saintkid
Club Player

Dont give a stuff about what Darcy says. Maybe the **** made an advance to a StKilda player in past and got rejected. :lol:

saintbob
SS Life Member

Totally agree with this post!!!!

Walls' and Darcy speak crap on most occassions.