How unfair is Round 22 to the Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Sometimes I almost understand why Plugger66 gets so frustrated

Its a national competition so someone has to play away in Round 22. No its not perfect, yes Collingood get away with murder, but contrary to popular belief the AFL dont sit down and work out ways to shaft St Kilda every year

Weve only travelled Interstate for Round 22 once in the last 10 years...so we really cant grizzle IMO...maybe its just our turn??
I'd have no problem with having a turn if every team had 'a turn'...

They don't so I still have a problem...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:

Its a national competition so someone has to play away in Round 22. No its not perfect, yes Collingood get away with murder, but contrary to popular belief the AFL dont sit down and work out ways to shaft St Kilda every year

Weve only travelled Interstate for Round 22 once in the last 10 years...so we really cant grizzle IMO...maybe its just our turn??

Gee one Round 22 Interstate trip in 10 years...if that was Collingwood we'd all be screaming favoritism

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Gee one Round 22 Interstate trip in 10 years...if that was Collingwood we'd all be screaming favoritism
Tbh my issue is with the over all uneveness of the fixture. For me playing interstate in rd22 is not that much of a big deal provided we play on the friday night or at the latest saturday at 2pm.

My gripe is Anzac day, Collingwoods regular lack of travel, our lack of appearances on the MCG. Carlton, Collingwood, and Essendon playing each other twice every year... the list goes on.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Tbh my issue is with the over all uneveness of the fixture. For me playing interstate in rd22 is not that much of a big deal provided we play on the friday night or at the latest saturday at 2pm.

My gripe is Anzac day, Collingwoods regular lack of travel, our lack of appearances on the MCG. Carlton, Collingwood, and Essendon playing each other twice every year... the list goes on.
On that I 100% agree with you Leo..there are parts of the fixture that are disgraceful, I just think its not a big deal having to travel to Adelaide (where we have a great record of late) in Round 22, given that if we are Top 4 then the game will be slotted in to ensure us a 7 day break before finals..the reason for this fluid Round 22 fixture

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

What exactly has Collingwood done in the last 20 years that could possibly illustrate that the draw has advantaged them in some way?

When they made GF's it was Lions then light years then five mediocre sides filling the void...The rest of the time they've trodden water.

Why get so uppity about Collingwood being mediocre?

I take great delight in the fact...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We are listed as the first team in Round 22 - I assume that means the AFL would like us to play on the Friday night - would be gun for TV ratings on farking delay though!

I just hope if we do get the Friday night gig, the AFL and media somehow try and force Channel 7 into showing the game live, especially if it is meaningful fixture.

Imagine if the result of the game determined where we finished in the eight and we had delayed bulltish to deal with.

That is the bigger issue IMO.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Given both us and Adelaide are likely to play finals footy, they'll put us on a Friday or Saturday and there'll be no issue. The flexible schedule for Round 22 is one of the best things the League has done in years.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
supercoach
Club Player

Who cares, we will have a finals spot all secured by then, and we have to play on either Saturday or Friday night if we finish in the top 8 to allow for a weeks recovery from the trip interstate

G=l

Gilbert=legend
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As my daughter would say OMG. Get crowds likw the pies whan we are a poor side and it will not happen. Until then we may get 2 interstate games in the last round evey 11 years or should we only get them when the AFL know we cant make the finals.

By the way how did we go last year the week after returning from interstate?