Who now has a 'Man Crush' on Nick Riewoldt?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Massive respect for Riewoldt. Massive, bordering on man crush. The guys passsion is infectious, makes us more passionate about football and the saints.

He's following in the footsteps of Harvey and Barker (before my time!)

and the great sean ralphsmith..cough..cruising down the wing

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I know it says "man crush" but I just had to add I thought I had a crush on Nick before then I saw him at Falls Festival in Tasmania over New Years Eve and it was bordering on adoration after that.
Very fine specimen and amazing with everyone that talked to him
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Thu 18 Mar 2010 11:58am, edited 1 time in total.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saintnick12
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:My hubbie definately has a man crush for Roo, though he has a few man crushes for our boys :? Still he is only human :wink: Of course I love our Saint Nick, his work ethic never ceases to amaze me, a truely inspirational leader and he will be a Premiership Captain :lol:
I hope you are right Saint Bev. I too believe he WILL be our next premiership captain.

I know that you guys have said man crush, but there are plenty of us with "lady" crushes too. I love the guy..even named my forum name after him, (and my dog after Harvey... :wink: ).
My two year old has recently developed an obsession with our leader which I must say I'm enjoying immensely. We are going up for the game next week and turning it into a family holiday. My son keeps saying...Will I see Riewoldt...as he walks around holding his new bear from his membership pack which he has named ROO. Has just asked me to put on the membership dvd - wants to watch Riewoldt. Sadly has a number 14 on his jumper that we got last year..bad decision. My husband is trying to find a way to get the 4 off and replace it with a 2. In the meantime, my son is a fan of GEARY :)

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Saintsfan
Club Player

I do not think that we should read too much into the fact he bleeds for our club. Fact is he is a very passionate and emotional person who is driven to succeed regardless of what he does.

With this in mind we are lucky that he came to our club via the draft. I believe regardless of where he was drafted he would have become the universally admired AFL figure who bleeds for whoever he is playing for.

It just so happens he is with us and hopefully becomes our second premiership captain and hopefully we get a photo or two of him wearing our jumper instead of a Collingwood one....

The Saintsfan Cometh
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:I do not think that we should read too much into the fact he bleeds for our club. Fact is he is a very passionate and emotional person who is driven to succeed regardless of what he does.

With this in mind we are lucky that he came to our club via the draft. I believe regardless of where he was drafted he would have become the universally admired AFL figure who bleeds for whoever he is playing for.

It just so happens he is with us and hopefully becomes our second premiership captain and hopefully we get a photo or two of him wearing our jumper instead of a Collingwood one....
By that logic one should not get too attached to one's kids either as they had no say in how they "joined" the family either.

:wink:

Point is that he became a Saint...and would appear to have a genuine love for club. That he may not have had that when he arrived is to me irrelevant...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I think the boys that become AFL footballers would have all had a team they lived and breathed for growing up, but had no control over who they came to at draft time. That should in no way diminish admiration for their commitment to a team.

Riewoldt is an outstanding player with natural talent but he has also been guided and helped along by players and coaches of the club. Its a give and take realtionship. The chance to play alongside men of the calibre of Harvey and Hudghton I think would have benefited him greatly.

Somethings are meant to be and I think he was meant to come to us and lead us to a flag :D

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Nick was a Hawthorn supporter before he became a Saint after his Mum. But his Dad was/is a passionate Sainter and an absolute dream come true for him when his son was drafted to St Kilda. So there was always a little bit of "Saintlyness" about our Nick.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

oohh cool, thanks SaintBev :D Sounds like one very proud Dad. Im sure his mum is proud too!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Great family TazzieSaintGirl83 and a quirky side note, Nicks Mum use to go to school (in Hobart) with Max Hudghtons Mum, who would have thought all those years later that both their sons would play for St Kilda, and, both the Mums names are Fiona........

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I know it says "man crush" but I just had to add I thought I had a crush on Nick before then I saw him at Falls Festival in Tasmania over New Years Eve and it was bordering on adoration after that.
Very fine specimen and amazing with everyone that talked to him
I thought this was "Secret Men's Business" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxstar22
Club Player

I have a serious girl crush on him and every year it seems to grow.

Not just because he looks good either, but for all the reasons everyone else has mentioned....leadership, work ethic, courage, skill etc.

I heart Nick 8-)

milney044
Club Player

To be honest it took a while for me to develop my "female crush" but its certainly here now! Back when he started out and up until 2004 I was sick of all the girls my age being in love with him simply because he was an AFL footballer with blonde hair. I was a little over all the "Riewoldt love" to be honest and even thought he was a little overrated by the media.

But for the whole of last season and the latter stages of 2008 I really started to appreciate the star player that he is. He seriously is a champion of the game and a true leader and deserves all the credit he receives. I feel lucky as a Saint that he's ours and it's a privlidge to watch him play in the red, black and white each week.

The way he busts his gut just to be there presenting for a mark is just amazing, I have never seen a work ethic like his. His finals series last year is where he really shone and proved to everyone that he is a superstar of the competition.

It's pretty special that a player like that is a part of our club and i'll try not to take it for granted that I can see him dominate live nearly every week.

Yep, I think it's pretty clear I've got a crush happening. :wink:

Keep improving each year Rooey, I don't know how you do it but you continue to amaze!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm, who can it be?

I think he did the best 'captain' face out of the lot, he's nailed it.... :lol:

Oh and for the record, I'm female and a fan :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep love him.

Batnoe
Club Player