Tough reading it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm....

Roo vs Aliens?

Who would be our Bill Paxton??

saintnick12
Club Player

My two cents worth -

Really enjoyed reading the article. I love Nick, and loved hearing what he had to stay. His honesty was very refreshing. Not only about the one thing that was highlighted in the headlines, but across a whole range of issues. Very interesting. I thought he handled it well. Mark Robinson writes some good indepth question and anwser articles in my opinion.

The ferals are always going to use it as ammunition against him....but I don't think he cares. As I've said in other posts, I had plenty of them sitting behind me shouting abuse to him and others on Saturday night. Nick is so great, people will always find something to abuse him about. We are protective cos he is ours. Geelong are the same about say Gary Ablett, Hawthorn about Lance Franklin etc etc...its just the way it is.

The fact that he has spoken to the counsellor is not a surpise to me. I would be surprised if he didn't. As he said, the club has a full time psychologist. Most sports clubs do these days. They are looking for improvement in any way they can get it and so much of elite sport is affected by psychology. People abusing him for this are ignorant. In this day and age its what happens. And good on him for talking about it I say. Its nothing to be ashamed of....its part of our teams preparation for the new season. If they hang on to the baggage they can't improve.

Its sad that people still think that as a man he should just suck it up, blah, blah, blah. He was under soooo much pressure, and he didn't play that well and the team lost after being so in the game. Devestating. We all go through different things in our lives, be it illness, deaths of close friends or family members, separation, bullying, work issues......whatever it is. If more people were open to the idea of counselling, a lot more lives could be saved. I have experienced a devestating loss in my life, and one that required counselling to get over. The organisations I received that from were fantastic. Interestingly, while the loss involves both members of a couple, they helped a lot more women than men....lots of men find it so difficult to talk about things with anyone outside of their partner. Society needs to be more encouraging of this....if Nick helps only one or a couple of people to seek counselling over a distressing event, then that's great. (and yes, I'm a woman).

I'll cop the inevitable abuse from opposition supporters, but I know they are just jealous he doesn't play for them...if they're honest they'd have him in a heartbeat. Most pick him in their dreamteams.
The guys a star and think he a great player, captain and leader of our club. I can't think of a better one.

Sorry for my rant, but this is an issue I feel very passionately about.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:My two cents worth -

Really enjoyed reading the article. I love Nick, and loved hearing what he had to stay. His honesty was very refreshing. Not only about the one thing that was highlighted in the headlines, but across a whole range of issues. Very interesting. I thought he handled it well. Mark Robinson writes some good indepth question and anwser articles in my opinion.

The ferals are always going to use it as ammunition against him....but I don't think he cares. As I've said in other posts, I had plenty of them sitting behind me shouting abuse to him and others on Saturday night. Nick is so great, people will always find something to abuse him about. We are protective cos he is ours. Geelong are the same about say Gary Ablett, Hawthorn about Lance Franklin etc etc...its just the way it is.

The fact that he has spoken to the counsellor is not a surpise to me. I would be surprised if he didn't. As he said, the club has a full time psychologist. Most sports clubs do these days. They are looking for improvement in any way they can get it and so much of elite sport is affected by psychology. People abusing him for this are ignorant. In this day and age its what happens. And good on him for talking about it I say. Its nothing to be ashamed of....its part of our teams preparation for the new season. If they hang on to the baggage they can't improve.

Its sad that people still think that as a man he should just suck it up, blah, blah, blah. He was under soooo much pressure, and he didn't play that well and the team lost after being so in the game. Devestating. We all go through different things in our lives, be it illness, deaths of close friends or family members, separation, bullying, work issues......whatever it is. If more people were open to the idea of counselling, a lot more lives could be saved. I have experienced a devestating loss in my life, and one that required counselling to get over. The organisations I received that from were fantastic. Interestingly, while the loss involves both members of a couple, they helped a lot more women than men....lots of men find it so difficult to talk about things with anyone outside of their partner. Society needs to be more encouraging of this....if Nick helps only one or a couple of people to seek counselling over a distressing event, then that's great. (and yes, I'm a woman).

I'll cop the inevitable abuse from opposition supporters, but I know they are just jealous he doesn't play for them...if they're honest they'd have him in a heartbeat. Most pick him in their dreamteams.
The guys a star and think he a great player, captain and leader of our club. I can't think of a better one.

No need to apologise for anything sn12

You have expressed exactly how many on here, myself included, feel about Nick and this issue.

Well said :)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt spoke to the St Kilda Football Clubs sports psychologist after the Grand Final loss!

WOW, amazing stuff hey, FAIR DINKUM, some people should just stick to blowing their inflatables instead of blowing things out of proportion!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

just for the record clubs have been using psychologists since at least the 80's. I know of one who worked with both the saints and carlton during the 90's (the stories about kenny are interesting). This is nothing new.

What I got out of it was his want to push through and improve va the training track. No looking back, only forward.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
not a rant imho.......good post....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
I disagree with joffaboy and how he posts to you if you're insinuating that we're in some sort of gang,....it is wrong and IMO he should not be allowed to post such stuff, that is what trashes the forum!

What gives with the dumpster comment,........ it is you that is trashing the forum with comments such as that, while ignoring a basic question!

I'm asking you a direct footy question!
Trashing the forum ? Would that be the same as you calling posters names.......... :shock:

On topic ? Riewoldt is a super captain - as good a player as Ablett, Judd or whoever

No Contract, No contact :shock: