Tough reading it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I was the opposite, feel great respect and joy that this guy is OUR LEADER. Great interview

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:I was the opposite, feel great respect and joy that this guy is OUR LEADER. Great interview
understand solar.............but can almost feel his pain....tough from that angle.

Maybe title not quite right!!

Brings back alot of images and an empty feeling at the final siren though.

saint4life
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Awesome interview.

Credit to Robbo for putting the hard word on him (including the Lovett stuff, even if Roo couldn't answer)

Even more credit to Roo for answering with his heart and soul. The only fib is about him "not remembering" if he took a pay cut to get Lovett. Me reckons you'd know exactly if you took a hit ;)

Anyway, great stuff. Sensational reading.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

StSteven
Club Player

Embarassing...... Too much information Roo!
Last edited by StSteven on Wed 17 Mar 2010 7:08am, edited 1 time in total.

jk23
Club Player

Solar wrote:I was the opposite, feel great respect and joy that this guy is OUR LEADER. Great interview
Same here.... Love his answer to this question..

Did you make a statement against Luke Ball in the NAB cup by throwing him around ? Nick said... It wasn't premeditated I didn't know it was him when I went to tackle - You just see the colour... :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Embarassing...... Too much information Roo!
How so???

I agree with others....brilliant read

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Intelligent, articulate and likeable. I think he did an outstanding job. I couldnt be more proud that he is the captain of the team I love.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
matrix
Saintsational Legend

great post chook
i prob wouldnt have seen em

TY 8-)

roxanne
Club Player

Broke my heart all over again.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
StNoodles
Club Player

good read, till you get to the comments from the nuffies below

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

You never listen to them. Sh*t stirrers with access to the internet is all they are. You just have to shake your head and laugh

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:good read, till you get to the comments from the nuffies below
Makes me a bit sick, though I kind of expected it when I read the story last night.

My first reaction is anger, but then I'm a little disappointed that society is still so ignorant. It sends the wrong message, any guy reading that would not feel encouraged to talk with someone if their emotions were getting the better of them.

Tall poppy is alive and well, it's not the first time our captain has been rubbished in this kind of way, and it won't be the last.

Ajer
Club Player

Argh, this is all we need on the dawn of a new season - our fearless leader coming out and saying he needed counselling after a grand final loss. Can just imagine the crap the opposition fans are going to throw at us and poor Nick now.

Can understand the emotion, i felt like crying myself, but getting a counsellor..? Whats Nick going to do if he faces some real hardships in the real world...

I think we all need to move on from this article and focus on round 1. Lets make up for it this year sainters!!

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Thanks for the link- although on the way to work this morning i did the unthinkable!!and read half the interview while peering over the shoulder of the passenger next to me.

soory to that person if they are reading, i was raised with manners.. but deprite measures :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Argh, this is all we need on the dawn of a new season - our fearless leader coming out and saying he needed counselling after a grand final loss. Can just imagine the crap the opposition fans are going to throw at us and poor Nick now.

Can understand the emotion, i felt like crying myself, but getting a counsellor..? Whats Nick going to do if he faces some real hardships in the real world...

I think we all need to move on from this article and focus on round 1. Lets make up for it this year sainters!!
That is such an ignorant view :?

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Ajer wrote:
Thats a bit stiff, He wasnt making light of any one else problems. That was a real problem for him. It was a major event in his life. I think its open, honest and healthy to admit he needed help. Everyone has their own problems and when other people make light of them its not very fair

Ajer
Club Player

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:
Ajer wrote:
Thats a bit stiff, He wasnt making light of any one else problems. That was a real problem for him. It was a major event in his life. I think its open, honest and healthy to admit he needed help. Everyone has their own problems and when other people make light of them its not very fair
Yeah your right, when you put it that way thats very true.

I dunno, ive had 3 different people message me today already saying how much of sook riewoldt is and that he is soft, im sick of hearing it. Wish people would grow up.

But honestly, what was Nick hoping to achieve from doign an interview like this. His reputation is gunna be shot now, i can hear the opposition chants against him already :(

matrix
Saintsational Legend

crikey!
i can remember losing a GF in a B grade side out in the country after losing the prelim the year before.
knocked me for a few weeks thats for sure

this is AFL, its their job, their passion and their LOVE
totally understandable i reckon
its just someone to talk to and try to help you understand what you are feeling and why
not someone declaring you are a soft loony tune and getting two blokes in white to stand beside you with an arm each on a straight jacket enticing you to walk forward with a cuddly teddy bear.

StSteven
Club Player

No problems with him being upset; No problems with him seeking counseling. BUT why tell the world and give ammunition to the "nuff nuffs" referred to above.

"Too much information".......plenty of material for the sledgers.

Ajer
Club Player

StSteven wrote:No problems with him being upset; No problems with him seeking counseling. BUT why tell the world and give ammunition to the "nuff nuffs" referred to above.

"Too much information".......plenty of material for the sledgers.
Exactly, couldnt of said it better. He has made us look soft :(

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Can understand the emotion, i felt like crying myself, but getting a counsellor..? Whats Nick going to do if he faces some real hardships in the real world...
he'll probably get counselling again, that's what smart people do when they need help getting through a situation. good work rooey, thanks for the candour.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Exactly, couldnt of said it better. He has made us look soft :(
yeah, if riewoldt gets counselling then you personally look soft. tool.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt doesn't care what anyone thinks of him, I don't see why the Saints supporters should care either. He's only going to provide angst to opposition supporters this year as he rises to another level - with a smile on his face. The opposition hate him because he's so bloody good!

Another opportunity awaits!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

If one person that needs help finds the courage to do it because Nick admitted that he needed help then I couldnt careless what the opposition players and supporters say.

I think he has the strength of character to get past any petty mouthing off from anyone. Im sure before now there has been plenty of taunts and insults thrown about in football. Nick is a target because he is good. If they didnt crow about this it would be something else