Zac Dawson absent @ Family Fun Day?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iheartdalsanto
Club Player

Zac Dawson absent @ Family Fun Day?

read this on the St Kilda facebook page.
apparently he wasn't there and they didn't acknowledge his absence like they did with Michael Gardiner and Sam Fisher?
anyone know why?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

probably couldn't walk once he'd cooled down....

was it his back he hurt against the Bullies

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:probably couldn't walk once he'd cooled down....

his thigh...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bobmurray wrote:probably couldn't walk once he'd cooled down....

his thigh...
yeah received a bad cork from Hall in that incident that also included an injury to Mitch Hahn...

Something I dont want with kosi and roo...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

having said that Dawson came back on in the last, albeit injured and Hall kicked 5 in the last quarter and some on here think he is out of form...

He was on one farking leg and it sh1ts me that some on here are willing to sit in there arm chair and critique his performance on that...

His right leg was bandaged when he came back on and he would have been obliviously restricted in running and speed.

Zac is a great player and has proved it, and some on here need to take a deep breath and realise that that was only the pre season....

Fair dinkum some of you are just an embarrassment IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
iheartdalsanto
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:having said that Dawson came back on in the last, albeit injured and Hall kicked 5 in the last quarter and some on here think he is out of form...

He was on one farking leg and it sh1ts me that some on here are willing to sit in there arm chair and critique his performance on that...

His right leg was bandaged when he came back on and he would have been obliviously restricted in running and speed.

Zac is a great player and has proved it, and some on here need to take a deep breath and realise that that was only the pre season....

amen! so much unnecessary critizism on zac - strength through loyalty!

Saint Mik
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:having said that Dawson came back on in the last, albeit injured and Hall kicked 5 in the last quarter and some on here think he is out of form...

Spot on :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

There is certainly some panicky types on this forum. From memory the same panickers started last year also, after we got whipped by Port Adelaide in another meaningless practice match.

FFS, settle down, and lets see how we're travelling about June-July before we contempate jumping off the 20th floor of the closest building.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sorry mate but absolute BS. You run onto the park then you're fit. AS a full back some goals that are kicked against you are acceptable and NO-ONE can stop. There are others which are very difficult to stop but the FF needs to know you are around (this is where Max came into his own when at his best)

Running under the ball or failure to make body contact is unacceptable imo. Made me sick to my guts watching that knob get his tail up and start rubbing it in our faces.

Having said that, I haven't written Zac off yet. His form during the NAB has been questionable but I still reckon he's our best bet down there. But let's call a spade a shovel and admit that he had a shocker on Sat night rather than make excuses for him - bit embarassing really.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'm more worried about the weight he lost.... not the form......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i'm more worried about the weight he lost.... not the form......
Exaxtly

Unable to compete in strength area etc.........has led to loss of confidence
over Nab games

Has the club ever declared the problem

Compared to last year has shed many kilos.......... a real concern

saint4life
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Exaxtly

Give me a reason why they should?

Another opportunity awaits!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What worries me is the lack of choices for fullback. Zac performed poorly throughout the NAB Cup series, not just after he corked his thigh.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Exaxtly

Give me a reason why they should?
His performance

If continues...no doubt media will up the questioning....has been mentioned that he looks skinny etc........

st.k members if continues will seek answers

whether one is given another matter

(IF you recall last year the club did of a bit of song and dance about how much he had bulked up...still on player bio etc)

At the moment looks like the skinny rookie that was belted early in his career.....

As I mentioned earlier it is a real concern as it appears it has affected his ability to compete and his confidence has fallen away during Nab

saint4life