Ch 10 annoying any1 else?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

While I think commentators should be totally professional and just call the bloody game, we will need to get used to people not wanting us to win. Its a good thing that we are no longer the underdog. Better get used to the commentators creaming themselves over the dogs this year.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Any commentary team actually promoting the intodruction of Matthew Lloyd is struggling, IMO. The guy can barely put a sentence together, are the planning on usurping Blighty in the special comments department?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Doggies were always gonna be sentimental favorites

Go back and listen to the commentary of the 1996 night GF. McAveney just about wets himself every time we go near the ball, calls Spider the best big man in the comp

No I havent listened to tonights game but blind Freddy could tell they were going to get a bit misty-eyed for the Dogs if they got a sniff...wouldnt have mattered who the commentators were

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The Doggies were always gonna be sentimental favorites

Go back and listen to the commentary of the 1996 night GF. McAveney just about wets himself every time we go near the ball, calls Spider the best big man in the comp

No I havent listened to tonights game but blind Freddy could tell they were going to get a bit misty-eyed for the Dogs if they got a sniff...wouldnt have mattered who the commentators were
it was like listening to a cats game on k rock. They didn't just get behind them, they were obsessed with them.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

it was like listening to a cats game on k rock
Thats a massive call my friend :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
just for fun watch the replay

one period of play, walls says "I have written down 4 players who need to stand up if they are to win tonight...." goes on to list them while ignoring the play. 10 minutes later when the saints are down a few goals and quatermain asks walls "so who are the four players that need to lift to get the saints back into it"...... walls laughs and then picks out the players who had the ball at that moment "oh.... I guess milne......... gram....." LAUGH

It was pathetic.... then darcy is riding the umpiring decisions worst then I do at live games ;)

There would be periods of play which they ignored while praising hall for something that happened 5 mins earlier....

Started out with a whole segment about how the dogs were out to make the next step... blah blah.... then they slipped in that the saints were also playing.....

it was pathetic.... embaressing

FQF
In richo I trust

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Was quite annoyed that they kept mentioning that we were fielding a full strength side - which we clearly weren't - that said I'm quite happy that we are somewhat hated :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
saint66au wrote:

one period of play, walls says "I have written down 4 players who need to stand up if they are to win tonight...." goes on to list them while ignoring the play. 10 minutes later when the saints are down a few goals and quatermain asks walls "so who are the four players that need to lift to get the saints back into it"...... walls laughs and then picks out the players who had the ball at that moment "oh.... I guess milne......... gram....." LAUGH

It was pathetic.... then darcy is riding the umpiring decisions worst then I do at live games ;)

There would be periods of play which they ignored while praising hall for something that happened 5 mins earlier....

Started out with a whole segment about how the dogs were out to make the next step... blah blah.... then they slipped in that the saints were also playing.....

Hey, but they got that last box ticked by the end of the night. Nice graphic.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Solar wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Hey, but they got that last box ticked by the end of the night. Nice graphic.
yep, thankgod it only takes winning the pre-season cup for a team to win the actual flag.... shame this isn't true cause we would have a few flags by now.....

Was also disapointed because alot of young players played and there was no focus.... ruined the game

FQF
In richo I trust

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Sounds like the 3 a-holes were at it again: Quarterbrain, Walls and Darcy.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Sounds like the 3 a-holes were at it again: Quarterbrain, Walls and Darcy.
haha

Sainter for life.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

All three of them hate the saints!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:All three of them hate the saints!
Walls hate us so much, he sent us our shithouse coach! :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:All three of them hate the saints!

Yep everyone does. We get picked on for sure.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Any commentary team actually promoting the intodruction of Matthew Lloyd is struggling, IMO. The guy can barely put a sentence together, are the planning on usurping Blighty in the special comments department?
Sorry degruch, but the irony of your post is that the two sentences in your post, are not written in the best English of recent times. :oops:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Of course the best way to silence these morons is to WIN!!!!! Honestly,I couldn't give a Blights toss bag about who says what about who and why, if we are beating teams! In three months time, this game will simply be a memory for the fans (of both clubs) and we'll have bigger fish to fry!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
degruch wrote:Any commentary team actually promoting the intodruction of Matthew Lloyd is struggling, IMO. The guy can barely put a sentence together, are the planning on usurping Blighty in the special comments department?
Sorry degruch, but the irony of your post is that the two sentences in your post, are not written in the best English of recent times. :oops:
:lol: I know...still, adding an 'r' and dropping a 'y' is less offensive than an entire Mike Sheahan story.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:it was like listening to a cats game on k rock
Are you suggesting that the commentary on k rock may be a tad biased, surely not true.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Solar
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Are you suggesting that the commentary on k rock may be a tad biased, surely not true.
thats completely fine byme, listen to it lots while I'm down geelong and put up with the fact that they are entertaining a certain football listerner. But channel 10 was national last night and a disgrace

FQF
In richo I trust

SaintDippa
Club Player

Had to laugh when Walls and Darcy both called Geary Milne. Even after the replays Walls still named Milne when 14 was clearly visible.

I'm finding when Ch10 has a pre-game 'story line' - last night it was the Dogs GF drought - the call becomes farcical and the bias towards the story evident in order to keep the audience involved.

Walls is quickly becoming irrelevant and adds nothing. Mathew Lloyd is clearly superior and IMO could become this year the best colour man on TV.

GrumpyOne

SaintDippa wrote: Mathew Lloyd is clearly superior and IMO could become this year the best colour man on TV.
As long as those colours are red and black.