Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

problem is that even tho we say we should get rid of kosi and bring in someone else the chances of this happening are very low. Same with Dawson on the other forum.

Tonight i think we just missed a few players (e.g.lenny, raph, fish, gardiner) IMO Take Kosi to Sandy and leave him there.

Put Mcevoy, Stanley or Gardiner at FF, Riewoldt HF, Goddard Floating Forward. Then the forward line will function better.

Mind you when riewoldt didnt play the other week, kosi played well. Maybe its a structure problem>

Sainter for life.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
Unforgiven wrote: still demands a decent defender and somewhat keeps the defender off nick.
I have thought about this and reckon oppositions have got us worked out a bit.
If they get the set up right and force Roo to go go deep up the ground they play a mobile player on him and the better backman on Kosi. Roo is too far out to score forcing the kick to Kosi. All the backman has to do is get the ball to ground and run off him, which sets up the rebound attack.
Sadly I think you are right. Its a win win for opposition coaches if that happens, as they have a more mobile player on Nick, and their 'big' backman like glass, rutten, presti etc on Kosi who they are more suited to.

We play well though when this match up happens INSIDE the 50 and roo can outmark his opponent.

Carpe Diem
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

One Eyed Saint wrote:Kosi is either in poor form or great form, no in between...

The great thing is that having a full pre-season his form should get better with match time.

With the exceptions of Lenny, Fisher and Gardi we look pretty fit and set for a pretty good year.

This time last year we were playing NAB challenge games in Woop Woop and getting belted.

As long as the injured players get back on the park soon we will be in a lot better position than this time last yeer.
yes but Kosi had a good year in 09,by Kosi standards anyway...but amounted to useless in the finals...at least he has maintained his finals form.....that is what it means to be consistent..... :roll:
Last edited by bobmurray on Sat 13 Mar 2010 10:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
SainterX1
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
SainterX1 wrote: He was behind Riewoldt, but in all those cases, he could have marked it if Riewoldt wasn't there. Looks like they need to separate Reiwoldt and Kosi more to get the most out of them both
i know the best way to achieve your suggestion...

play Kosi at sandy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe we need to accept that Riewoldt is a hell of a lot better player than Kosi, but Kosi is still an AFL player when given room. It's still pre-season, so I won't be making any judgments yet..

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:problem is that even tho we say we should get rid of kosi and bring in someone else the chances of this happening are very low. Same with Dawson on the other forum.

Tonight i think we just missed a few players (e.g.lenny, raph, fish, gardiner) IMO Take Kosi to Sandy and leave him there.

Put Mcevoy, Stanley or Gardiner at FF, Riewoldt HF, Goddard Floating Forward. Then the forward line will function better.

Mind you when riewoldt didnt play the other week, kosi played well. Maybe its a structure problem>
Fish played for Sandy this arvo and he's a rookie now.

If you think Kosi played well last week, you really know nothing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:problem is that even tho we say we should get rid of kosi and bring in someone else the chances of this happening are very low. Same with Dawson on the other forum.

I meant S.fisher he only played 1 quarter before he got injured.

Sainter for life.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Center Half Back.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Too late to sell him?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Center Half Back.
Your kidding

Sandy or vermont.

Kosi a fwd........at the moment a struggling slow one.

Acid on him

saint4life
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

That would be Chips.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

That would be Chips.
Does it really matter? Sorry im not up with the nicknames!

Sainter for life.
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

That would be Chips.
No it doesn't. He is purposely being nasty because he disagrees with your point of view.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

That would be Chips.
No it doesn't. He is purposely being nasty because he disagrees with your point of view.
Not so Gabba. The only thing i disagree with is that Kosi played well last week. He didn't.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:The only thing i disagree with is that Kosi played well last week. He didn't.
That is the part that I agree with...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:where was stanley?
My thoughts all night...could have been a great foil if nothing else. However, he seems a genuine prospect and I reckon he would have snapped a couple tonight, freed Kosi up possibly as well. If not, at least we would have seen how well he holds up to a fast hard game.

After Kosi began to loudly announce he was up for a crap night, all the pressure was off the Doggies backline.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

degruch wrote:
My thoughts all night...could have been a great foil if nothing else. However, he seems a genuine prospect and I reckon he would have snapped a couple tonight, freed Kosi up possibly as well. If not, at least we would have seen how well he holds up to a fast hard game.

After Kosi began to loudly announce he was up for a crap night, all the pressure was off the Doggies backline.
we could have done with someone called lovett.

Sainter for life.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
degruch wrote:

I was thinking about a leading tall, not an X-factor type. I reckon Geary has the Doggies rattled in that respect, he always plays well against them (Hurns tackle and goal should have been a push in the back).

saintkid
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:
degruch wrote:

True but best not to bring that ##*#'s name up. He has sabotaged us this year and is a bad cancer that wont go away easily. If he was fair-dinkum he would have been our X factor this season.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Your kidding

Sandy or vermont.

Acid on him

Would have done much more there tonight....

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Your kidding

Sandy or vermont.

Acid on him

CHB? tonight .........not so convinced ...(struggling to play well anywhere at the moment)

REPEAT..........Acid is on him bigtime.

saint4life
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Your kidding

Sandy or vermont.

Acid on him

CHB? tonight .........not so convinced ...(struggling to play well anywhere at the moment)

REPEAT..........Acid is on him bigtime.
Kosi = gone = dud = :roll:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dropping players to Sandy in March, wow we must be in trouble :)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

$10 he kicks 5 against the Swans and shuts you all up. Harden up. He'll be fine. HAs he ever been anything other than slow to warm up?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Dropping players to Sandy in March, wow we must be in trouble :)
Dropping? I thought we were trading him!?! :shock:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Dropping players to Sandy in March, wow we must be in trouble :)
it has been Kosi's form line.............(lack of body speed/agility) trending down ......for awhile.

Acid really on him.......

saint4life