How we missed Lenny Tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

How we missed Lenny Tonight

I have a noticed a similar recurrence, that when lenny isnt playing we get smashed in the midfield. Again tonight no lenny and we got smashed in the midfield.

Sainter for life.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Didn't we win the clearances comfortably?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:Didn't we win the clearances comfortably?
Yes.

But the point stands. WE MISSED LENNY!

ytw
Club Player

When the game was up for grabs, and we needed some hard grunt in the midfield, we were really lacking.

Armo didn't have as much presence as i'd hoped for, BJ was solid, CJ a little quiet at times and Dal put in his all... but it was glaringly obvious that Lenny was missing.

Hope he's back and firing round one.

kalsaint
Club Player

Well

This is our real weakness again, the midfield.

Still dont have the pace to pen packs just to receive like Peake.

No we wont have the same consistency with the in and under players with Ball gone, Lenny will come under more attention and Armo will have good and bad games. CJ is our salvation at the moment.

The bif forwards will always look good when the midfield is competitive. Nick will go well even without this but Kosi has always struggled without clean delivery or positional advantage. He has always played slow depsite some of the pre-season running.

The Dogs wont be the only side to find flaws this year. The other coaches would have planned against the hard nosed game plan of last year so the year will be tougher but not over just yet.

Younger guys need to get a look in at times when others do have the form.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

ytw wrote:When the game was up for grabs, and we needed some hard grunt in the midfield, we were really lacking.

Armo didn't have as much presence as i'd hoped for, BJ was solid, CJ a little quiet at times and Dal put in his all... but it was glaringly obvious that Lenny was missing.

Disagree about BJ being solid.....Was easily our best for mine, played an outstanding game.

However, had Gram of slotted a couple of those 9 point shots, we would be raving about his game.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Didnt think we were that bad in the mid field. Just the consistancy. We had dominant periods in the middle but could not score, the dogs capitalised on their dominance.

Carpe Diem
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

We also missed the impact of Gardi at the stoppages and around the ground

Lets hope he's back for R!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I thought our midfield got better as the game went on.

BJ, CJ, Jones and Dal all had good games.

Unfortunately, a couple of wheels came off the Armo bandwagon.

Peake made some mistakes but showed flashes. Geary also made some mistakes, but also did some v good things.

Riewoldt was outstanding. And Milne wad v good too.

Gilbert and Blake did some great things down back. Gwilt still doesn't position himself properly, but is very secure with the ball in his hands. I thought it was unfair for him to be pulled for failing to hold on to a contested mark from a slow, looping kick by miles.

Dawson was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Milne was great, Geary probably had a better game than Armo. Snotty was disppointing. Ray unsighted early.
Last edited by borderbarry on Sat 13 Mar 2010 10:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
ytw wrote:When the game was up for grabs, and we needed some hard grunt in the midfield, we were really lacking.

Disagree about BJ being solid.....Was easily our best for mine, played an outstanding game.

However, had Gram of slotted a couple of those 9 point shots, we would be raving about his game.
Would we? What's the point of bombing away from outside 50?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Statsman
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Dawson was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying.
His direct opponent did kick 7 goals didn't he?

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

The point is that he took the shots anyway, and had they of gone in, we very well might of won considering the scores at the time of the shots. Would of been BOG if this had happened.

I know it's all ifs, but it's true. IF he had of kicked 3 nine pointers, he would of been voted BOG by virtually everyone on this forum.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

The point is that he took the shots anyway, and had they of gone in, we very well might of won considering the scores at the time of the shots. Would of been BOG if this had happened.

I know it's all ifs, but it's true. IF he had of kicked 3 nine pointers, he would of been voted BOG by virtually everyone on this forum.
And that means he would have been BOG?

We lost by 7 goals. 3 nine pointers is 27. We still lose. Gram not BOG.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hahaha Lenny couldn't have saved us tonight...we got spanked.