Is Kosi the new Hammill?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Is Kosi the new Hammill?

I was watching the replay last night and even though Kosi didn't get many possessions, he was crashing the packs and forcing the ball loose very much like Hammill use to do.
Plus, when Kosi tackles you it is ferocious, he likes to rip players into the ground.
I think that is Kosi's role now, just to make his presence felt.
Like Hammill, it's not the possessions he gets, it's the damage he does using his body to create loose balls for the other forwards and putting pressure on defenders.
I must admit, I don't think I'd like to get tackled by him, be feeling the bruises for a few days.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Quixote
SS Life Member

I'll give you an answer.

In two weeks.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Good one.

Not wanting to put unrealistic expectations on a young player, but Tom Lynch does seem to have the body shape and pace to grow into a Hamill like role. In fact, being a bit taller than Aaron, he could develop the third tall role quite well. Doesn't seem too bad around his feet either. But, as I said, just one game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He did throw his weight around last night, thought he worked very hard. He is always crashing and bashing the packs, but I saw alot of instinctive footy like the punch forward to Milne that resulted in a game...

I am sure he is playing into form, and will be solid for us this year.

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:He did throw his weight around last night, thought he worked very hard. He is always crashing and bashing the packs, but I saw alot of instinctive footy like the punch forward to Milne that resulted in a game...

He took a couple of good marks and set up a couple by bringing the ball to ground to the small forwards. A couple crashing packs and very good taps. I wasn't there last night and only watched on TV, but I always watch games again on tv during the week even after being there are these are some of the things I find I miss when I am there. Hard to see from the other end of the ground.
Will hopefully continue to improve.
That shot at goal was terrible though....like under 10's :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
SainterK wrote:He did throw his weight around last night, thought he worked very hard. He is always crashing and bashing the packs, but I saw alot of instinctive footy like the punch forward to Milne that resulted in a game...

He took a couple of good marks and set up a couple by bringing the ball to ground to the small forwards. A couple crashing packs and very good taps. I wasn't there last night and only watched on TV, but I always watch games again on tv during the week even after being there are these are some of the things I find I miss when I am there. Hard to see from the other end of the ground.
Will hopefully continue to improve.
That shot at goal was terrible though....like under 10's :wink:
You mean the pass to Stanley? 8-)

saintnick12
Club Player

Yep, that's the one. :wink:

Good on Stanley for making the most of it though.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Thought Kosi did some good things last night particularly in the 3rd quarter just after the Dockers caught up. Presented well and showed some good signs of form.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I rather Kosi be the old Kosi.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

plugger66 wrote:I rather Kosi be the old Kosi.
what, injured and watching from the stands?

or do you mean confident and dominating?

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tassie Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I rather Kosi be the old Kosi.
what, injured and watching from the stands?

or do you mean confident and dominating?
Now lets see. Which one sounds better for the club?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think Milne is appreciative of the opportunities that have come his way after the ball was kicked to Kosi.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

WEll I must be judging Kosi too harshly judging by the consensus on the forum. FRom watching it on TV he looks slow and unfit and his hands appear terrible. Everything looks like it bounces out.

Sure he creates a contest - but I want a bit more from him than that. THat's a given as far as I'm concerned. Pies supporters used to say the same thing about Rocca - and everyone laughed at them. Hamill not only tackled hard he created pressure with constant harrassment. Kosi does NOT do this as he simply can't keep up. I accept that, but I want him to make up for this by clonking a couple of marks, and giving Brian Lake something to think about this week.

I want the old Kosi back! Not necessarily the 2005 version, but the 2009 version up to Round 14.

FraserGehrig
Club Player

Moods wrote:WEll I must be judging Kosi too harshly judging by the consensus on the forum. FRom watching it on TV he looks slow and unfit and his hands appear terrible. Everything looks like it bounces out.

Sure he creates a contest - but I want a bit more from him than that. THat's a given as far as I'm concerned. Pies supporters used to say the same thing about Rocca - and everyone laughed at them. Hamill not only tackled hard he created pressure with constant harrassment. Kosi does NOT do this as he simply can't keep up. I accept that, but I want him to make up for this by clonking a couple of marks, and giving Brian Lake something to think about this week.

I want the old Kosi back! Not necessarily the 2005 version, but the 2009 version up to Round 14.
Agreed. Id prefer to see Kosi taking big marks and kicking goals. He can split a pack, but his pressure when not in possesion is poor

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

HAS to grab those marks, because when the ball hits the ground, he is out of the contest .

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It's Hamill not Hammill. Sure it was just a typo. :wink: