stanley or kosi for round 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Somebody kill this thread!

Another opportunity awaits!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe it's got to 5 pages, it's a no brainer...

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I can't believe it's got to 5 pages, it's a no brainer...
Clearly it's not a no-brainer for some. I thought Kosi but lots of people think not.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:That is a no brainer, Kosi will be full forward in round one and for the rest of the year.
Saintsational - stop! When you're forcing Bernard Shakey to take Kosi's side in a debate, you've gone too far! 8-)

Seriously, very easy to be high on Stanley, he's exciting every time he goes near the ball.

For the sake of getting back to our regularly scheduled Bernard Shakey though, let's remember: we're talking about a 200cm (i.e. NOT a half forward flank, NOT a sub) body that's still got filling out to do. An athlete that is still learning to read the game (a player should not have to be as spectacular as Stanley has been on every touch).

Whether it's at ruck or Key Position, that combination of size, speed and leap is something to get excited about... but the team that's he's trying to break in to a team that recorded the #1 defense (by a mile, and the best in years to boot) and was still the #4 offense in the comp last year.

I look forward to hearing Stanley's name feature prominantly in Sandringham match reports, and many debates throughout the year... but for now, not going to happen.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:That is a no brainer, Kosi will be full forward in round one and for the rest of the year.
Saintsational - stop! When you're forcing Bernard Shakey to take Kosi's side in a debate, you've gone too far! 8-)

Seriously, very easy to be high on Stanley, he's exciting every time he goes near the ball.

For the sake of getting back to our regularly scheduled Bernard Shakey though, let's remember: we're talking about a 200cm (i.e. NOT a half forward flank, NOT a sub) body that's still got filling out to do. An athlete that is still learning to read the game (a player should not have to be as spectacular as Stanley has been on every touch).

Whether it's at ruck or Key Position, that combination of size, speed and leap is something to get excited about... but the team that's he's trying to break in to a team that recorded the #1 defense (by a mile, and the best in years to boot) and was still the #4 offense in the comp last year.

I look forward to hearing Stanley's name feature prominantly in Sandringham match reports, and many debates throughout the year... but for now, not going to happen.
I like Kosi.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

Grinch...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

I like Kosi.
Is that where someone (let's face it, usually me) is supposed to say 'yeah sure Bernard'

Then you say 'I have no problem with him as a person, just as a footballer'

:wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

I like Kosi.
Is that where someone (let's face it, usually me) is supposed to say 'yeah sure Bernard'

Then you say 'I have no problem with him as a person, just as a footballer'

Don't know him as a person, but as a footballer I'd like him a lot more if he showed a bit more ticker and at least looked like he was interested at training.

He is our best full forward option and it just happens to be the only position he can play now. So I like Kosi.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

I like Kosi.
Who are you and what have you done with Bernard Shakey?

8-)

(I do get your issues with Kosi, and how in forumland, that comes to sound more extreme)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Don't know him as a person, but as a footballer I'd like him a lot more if he showed a bit more ticker and at least looked like he was interested at training.
When you mean more ticker, I take it you are not questioning his courage on the football field.

I think most people would question this opinion if thats what you mean.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Don't know him as a person, but as a footballer I'd like him a lot more if he showed a bit more ticker and at least looked like he was interested at training.
When you mean more ticker, I take it you are not questioning his courage on the football field.

Not ticker as in courage, but as in heart, commitment to his teammates and the club.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kozi

i mean come on...
rhys looks the goods we all know this, has great dukes huh :)

but still not big enough for me
although i think he could be very versatile with that speed and could play off back flanks or a wing if the need arose due to injuries or matchups

we might see him for a few games this year yet!
so id obviously go with the koz man
8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think "ticker" is probably the wrong term.

What often makes the difference is a players ability to really concentrate and deliver all the time. Mental determination and focus is often what sets the best apart, or can see an average player make it at AFL level...and lack of it can see the most gifted fall by the wayside, or become only average footballers.

That will to win and triumph. ie Harvey...or say CJ in making the most of hs talents.

Like the old saying that success is dues to 99% perspiration...

Fiora is an example of that lack of mental application. Had all the skills and talent to be a star...but lacked the right mental attitude. His newspaper interview post-Saints career was very illuminationg and to me a clear indication of why some players prosper and others do not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Not ticker as in courage, but as in heart, commitment to his teammates and the club.
I thought you didn't know him personally?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I thought you didn't know him personally?
The body language and impression that he gives at training and during games is of somebody who doesn't give a stuff.

He is our best full forward and we will have to live with that, until a better one comes along.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, perception isn't always reality.

I will just clarify that this 'we' you speak of doesn't include me.

Anyways, I will leave it at that, we will never agree :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well, perception isn't always reality.

The we I speak of is the St Kilda Football Club, are you no longer a member?

Don't you agree Kosi is our best full forward?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well, perception isn't always reality.

The we I speak of is the St Kilda Football Club, are you no longer a member?

Don't you agree Kosi is our best full forward?

Kate
Club Player

Kosi has been looking flat for a while and needs a rocket. Even if Stanley isn't ready yet, I hope that Kos can feel his breath on the back of his neck.

We look bloody good when Kosi is firing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stanley found it hard tonight and Kosi will play round one but he is really struggling. Hope he just cant fire up for practice games otherwise who knows where he will end up by years end.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Stanley found it hard tonight and Kosi will play round one but he is really struggling. Hope he just cant fire up for practice games otherwise who knows where he will end up by years end.
Thought he was OK tonight. Took some nice marks, and split the pack on numerous occasions for the likes of Milne.

Lovely assist for the Stanley goal :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)