Is it that important to win this week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote: Lets see a few Milney bananas, a few Goddard 300m 9 pointers, but a win isn't too big of a deal.
bj will have to kick them 300 metres as he is sitting in the stands tonight.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:I'm getting concerned about the dogs.

There was absolutely nothing in our prelim against them last year. Though we were the best team all year, i felt disappointed we didn't convincingly enter the grand final. We scraped through because the dogs missed some crucial shots at goal. Likewise we lost the grand final because of that..

Anyway, not really keen on playing the dogs yet. There's something far more important to worry about.

The dogs are everyones ladida pretty special sentimental favourites. They're so poor and tortured so the sympathy rains down on them. I will never have pity for them, they are a threat to our chances and must be treated with equal brutality.

Don't really want the saints taking tonight too seriously. Just have some fun, it's pre-seasons. Lets see a few Milney bananas, a few Goddard 300m 9 pointers, but a win isn't too big of a deal.
Ah but deep down there's fear for them. In their mind's deepest darkest recesses... 'Please don't let St Kilda win a flag before us. Pleeaassee.'

At the source, they're terrified.

It's a significant weakness.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
ralphsmith wrote: Lets see a few Milney bananas, a few Goddard 300m 9 pointers, but a win isn't too big of a deal.
bj will have to kick them 300 metres as he is sitting in the stands tonight.
haha oh...right. Didn't know that!

Then Milne should roll a few through on the ground from ridiculous angles to make up for goddards absence.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Duggie
Club Player

Always good to win. Especially in a GF !!:lol:

A Saint Forever!
SteveStevens66
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The most important thing this week is noinjuries and the young guys do well. Anything else is a bonus.
You can actually say this about any week during the season.

Carna Saints!!!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:It would be good if we win as it's my birthday next Saturday. :D
Wooohooo..cake at the NAB GF!!!

I vote Black Forest :-)
I'll try to remember. Memory is failing a bit.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
saint66au wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:It would be good if we win as it's my birthday next Saturday. :D

Just one question. Is it better getting into another Gf and losing Lenny for a week or the opposite. And yes I know we dont get an option.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Just one question. Is it better getting into another Gf and losing Lenny for a week or the opposite. And yes I know we dont get an option.
Who's to say he wouldn't have sustained a more serious injury in some outback town in New South Wales. Of course I'm not happy about his injury. :roll: Sorry for being happy about getting to see the boys play on my birthday though. :P

saintnick12
Club Player

True, he could have hurt it anywhere
Would rather him hurt it early in the year and be ready at Round 22 and beyond. Missed round 1 last year but had a fantastic season.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.