Mid Strength beer PROTEST !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mid Strength beer PROTEST !!

SaintDebi wrote:, but can you please hold it upright and not tip half of it over me on your way back.

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....yep...i was going to say something like but thought it might be like a red rag to some bulls on here...

ps...i read your post to the missus... she laughed...but said that was more excusable than the feral dog supporters who threw the contents of their beer cups over all of us when the siren rang in the prelim final last year......another reason to ban beer imhfo....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i work in the alcohol industry
its shite

but so what?

so someone cant post about having a crappy mid strength?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Guys guys guysssssss

Hey look, I dont like midstrength beer either tbh..and I know I was the one who suggested Nixons in the first place..but..

Maybe we can investigate that new Sports Bar next to the Whitten Bar? Plus..the midstrength rule is only in force at night games...and I know from experience going to non-Saints games..Nixons gets VERY crowded pregame at night. Its a fraction of the size of Livewire and includes a restaurant as well. Much as the staff are far superior to Livewire..theres nowhere near the elbow room.

Fid has a point, people who drink spirits at the football are a minority, but partially cos its soooo expensive.

Personally speaking, a big part of these prematch gatherings is chatting with the many people from this Forum whose company I enjoy...and once the H&A season starts wouldnt get to see at home games cos of our wide and varied seating arrangements. Id hate this group to be splintered and scattered all around the ES precinct just for the sake of fullstrength beer.

I propose we stay where we are for the moment...speaking personally they have Cascade Light on tap and I'm quite partial to that anyway. Ill cope lol. We can then consider our options properly for the season ahead!!
Mid only at the sports bar as well. Was there on Friday. Very ordinary beer but not much you can do about it. They are only doing it because a minority of dickheads at the footy getted pissed and stuff it up for all of us. Looks like Axcess one for me before the games now.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

I'm fine with light beer before the game ... :D so staying at the Whitten Bar is OK for me.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:I'm fine with light beer before the game ... :D so staying at the Whitten Bar is OK for me.
The MAN has spoken. We'll stay. but it's Light Beer or Sprite. I ain't gunna touch that Mid s*** !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

If they sold coopers I'd probably buy more beer at the footy but the p*ss they sell is exactly that. The wine is a disaster - but a sad and likely option. Alot of the traffic at games is for booze, fags, toilets - all somewhat related. Like the cricket the future is probably alcohol free - which is a shame. If they sold decent coffee I'd go with that. But everything is basically dyer. Ho hum.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:ouch @ satchmo. ;) I've heard, half full stubbies in the back of the head has followed you thru out your musical career. :)
Nah, that was more to the front of the head. I like to think of it as critical acclaim. :oops:
Actually Satchmo I have mastered a technique even harder than some Chet Atkins picking, I can play , catch an aproaching missile, finish the contents and come back in on the 3 count. 8-)

PS: Hip flasks my brothers in alms, hip flasks.
Why give out your hard earned to the overpriced caterers for an inferior product?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cant see why I cant have one full strength beer before a game.

Why is it my responsibility for dickwads who get pissed and make cockheads of themselves?

Anyway they can still get pissed, bogans are cashed up nowdays and can afford $9 for a Jim Bean (yes I know Beam, but thats how a bogan pronounces it).

They will get smashed on spirits as easier than full strength beer.

Oh well seems I have to pay the price for all the irresponsible dickheads in the world as usual.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Captain Impossible
Club Player

Um...where is Nixons?

Nattens
Club Player

Captain Impossible wrote:Um...where is Nixons?
Across Bourke St from the southern steps at Etihad.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
St DAC wrote:I'm fine with light beer before the game ... :D so staying at the Whitten Bar is OK for me.
The MAN has spoken. We'll stay. but it's Light Beer or Sprite. I ain't gunna touch that Mid s*** !!
I'm not usually given that much authority ... :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree JB.

It's all PC bullshyte....surely real beer pre game should be OK.

It's rubbish.

And St Fid, thanks for getting personal.

Really nice of you to do that and take it to another level :roll: :roll: :roll:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I absolutely agree with Stinger on this! People who squeeze past me to get a beer during the game only to come back and have it drip all over me should well and truelly be BANNED!!
And St Fid, I agree that the behaviour you spoke about has no place at the footy in this day and age but maybe there was a better way to go about it than to name and shame. But good on you for sticking by your guns!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

pfftt. Im respectful and dont absue people at the football. So I defy anyone to try and argue the point to me that I shouldnt be allowed to drink as much as I damn well please at the football. FFS. What is wrong with some of you people, seroulsy !! :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Agree JB.

It's rubbish.

You call that "personal"???

I call it the truth

You mentioned hypercritical and yet you are a prime example.

You swear your head off when you don't have your kids with you and are not even concerned about anyone else.

As for JB's comments...

It has always been the minority ruins it for the majority and that will never change, except for the fact that the majority of fans who do choose to drink at the footy, drink beer. Hence the reason why they sell light beer.

I am sure that JB would remember the days of going to a test match at the G and bringing in your own Esky full of beer. Times have changed

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I am sure that JB would remember the days of going to a test match at the G and bringing in your own Esky full of beer.
It wasnt so much the beer as the esky full of sludgy icy water that was a problem

Saw one tipped over the edge of the upper level of the old Southern Stand one day... 30-40 litres of sludgy ice and water straight over the edge :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: I am sure that JB would remember the days of going to a test match at the G and bringing in your own Esky full of beer. Times have changed
I didn't say I wanted that re-introduced.

All i want is one or two full strenght beers, but the nammy state bars me because some arsehole can control themselves.

Still doesn't answer why I have to be responsible for drunken morons.

It is just typical big Brother BS.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As someone who has had to live with the negative effects of alcohol at various times in my life I understand some of the "cons" for Full strength beer at the footy. There again, I meet up with the folks at the Whitten bar because I like 'em! the quality of the beer can't compare with the quality of the company! To be honest, I would probably go to another bar/pub rather than the Whitten room if it was the beer that I was going for!
This is a non-argument really folks, we know exactly what to expect at "the dome we call home" (or should do by now!) so lets take a breath and look forward to seeing the Jiggster sink a Mid-strength Sprite this week (courtesy of a Mr Eastern :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and just enjoy seeing other Sainters!

Love to all

Dave (roll-on "Sprite fast")

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Well this decision seems well and truly f*cked up to me.
If I have a couple I do not drive ...
and the ONLY place you could get even one or two real beers at Etihad was the Livewire and a couple of other bars. The queues were so bad that you would be freaking lucky if you had two before the game.
Around the ground it has been light beer at night games for years.
Yet you can get Jack Daniels or Scotch etc. B4E can get his GTs or whatever he has :lol:
This will not do anything other than just annoy a lot of people for zero reason. I have never even seen a blue in that bar.
But this is the part that sh*ts me truly -> all the wealthy folks in the corporate boxes get their Chardonnay and Crownies .... nice wines and spirits on ice. I know because I had one for a couple of years.
The waiters told me that the amount of vomit they cleaned up and fights they had to settle was amazing ... and I believe them, I saw more fights and crap up there than downstairs.
Two rules and two societies -- this is the way of the new world. Or is this just more aristocratic nonsense - laws made by the privileged who have no limits - for those who have?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

whoa, just hang on here....

I havent frequwnted live wire for a year. My pre game arrangements have changed. Are you telling me you cant buy ANY full strength beer at ALL anymore? Thats a disgrace if true.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I think that is what is being said ...
But light beer at night games apart from "drink in bars" has been the case for ages.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Agree JB.

It's rubbish.

You call that "personal"???

I call it the truth

You mentioned hypercritical and yet you are a prime example.

You swear your head off when you don't have your kids with you and are not even concerned about anyone else.

As for JB's comments...

It has always been the minority ruins it for the majority and that will never change, except for the fact that the majority of fans who do choose to drink at the footy, drink beer. Hence the reason why they sell light beer.

I am sure that JB would remember the days of going to a test match at the G and bringing in your own Esky full of beer. Times have changed
FYI Fid I don't swear that much at the footy anymore, so you are WRONG, kids or no kids with me, so that's bullshyte mate.

I can't see an issue with the odd swear word, but it certaintly isn't all the time capiche???

As for the beer issue, perhaps someone could call SEN and have a whinge....they seem to struggle with anything meaningful to talk about at the moment, and this would be a good issue to raise.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:whoa, just hang on here....

I havent frequwnted live wire for a year. My pre game arrangements have changed. Are you telling me you cant buy ANY full strength beer at ALL anymore? Thats a disgrace if true.
The guy at the Bar on Friday Night told us that it was a "NEW" policy that was introduced this year. And Mid Strength still tastes like CHYT, so it's light beer for me until they change the policy back.........probably some time in the middle of the season when it starts to hit them in the pocket !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

You can always go downstairs to the "Locker Room" and get whatever you like.

Got me arsed why you would want to line Collo's fkn pockets at the Whitten bar anyway.

Choose a nearby pub and head there prior....especially for this preseason cup bulltish.

This is a nanny state we live in.. Getting tired of it to be honest.

Cityboy
Club Player

An interesting aside for you....

I went to the UFC in Sydney on Sunday.... Full Strength Beer. Mid strength Spirits. Zero Crowd violence.
________
Joji nagashima
Last edited by Cityboy on Wed 16 Feb 2011 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.