Lovett payout

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jackal
Club Player

Lovett payout

Sorry this may be in another thread but this forum tends to digress into individuals bickering and threads being hijacked from original means.

I just wanted to say that there is a chance that Lovett could win his case against the Saints even if he gets convicted of his charge.

My personal view is that the club made the correct decision from a football point of view and I am prepared to kick in 50 bucks on top of my membership should we be forking out a million bucks to Lovett.

Saying that, if this scenario occurs and we do have to pay, Mr. Lovett would not want to meet me in the street as I would be demanding he pays me back with interest for his failure to meet some basic conditions of employment!!

ace
Saintsational Legend

The payout will be counted against the club's salary cap.

Lovett remains a listed St Kilda player until List Lodgement No1 at the end of October 2010.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
GrumpyOne

ace wrote:The payout will be counted against the club's salary cap.

Lovett remains a listed St Kilda player until List Lodgement No1 at the end of October 2010.
Do you think it is likely that the action will be settled by then?

What is the scenario if the judgement is made in 2011 or 2012?

ace
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

I would expect that St Kilda will delist him at list lodgement no 1.
If he is found guilty, it would be hard for him to claim he had not breached his contract - doesn't get paid, doesn't hurt the salary cap.

If he is found NOT guilty, then I would think St Kilda would struggle to prove that they sacked him for other than the charges against him.
In that case he would be delisted, St Kilda would have to pay him out against the salary cap.

Then maybe Collingwood or Carlton may take a risk on recruiting him under a very strict contract.
By strict I mean - any adverse publicity of any kind and you can be sacked without payout and without right of appeal.
If no other club takes him up, Lovett would have a strong case for further compensation beyond his initial contract with St Kilda.
But that would not count against the salary cap but against the club's budget.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
GrumpyOne

ace wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

I would expect that St Kilda will delist him at list lodgement no 1.
If he is found guilty, it would be hard for him to claim he had not breached his contract - doesn't get paid, doesn't hurt the salary cap.

If he is found NOT guilty, then I would think St Kilda would struggle to prove that they sacked him for other than the charges against him.
In that case he would be delisted, St Kilda would have to pay him out against the salary cap.

Then maybe Collingwood or Carlton may take a risk on recruiting him under a very strict contract.
By strict I mean - any adverse publicity of any kind and you can be sacked without payout and without right of appeal.
If no other club takes him up, Lovett would have a strong case for further compensation beyond his initial contract with St Kilda.
But that would not count against the salary cap but against the club's budget.
Thanks Ace.

St Michele
Club Player

It will be interesting to watch the outcomes, last night on the news in Perth they were saying he may be coming over here to play in the WAFL.

I doubt he will go to Carlton or Collingwood, he was under the same strict guidelines for us and apprently did not follow thorugh why would he behave somewhere else.

I still beleive he is innocent until proven guilty so am hoping the club have other reasons we don't know about for letting him go

Michele

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:It will be interesting to watch the outcomes, last night on the news in Perth they were saying he may be coming over here to play in the WAFL.

I doubt he will go to Carlton or Collingwood, he was under the same strict guidelines for us and apprently did not follow thorugh why would he behave somewhere else.

I still beleive he is innocent until proven guilty so am hoping the club have other reasons we don't know about for letting him go

Michele
If you didn't get a chance, have a read of the age's article and it's supposed leaks of reasons for sacking. I think if true, the club will have a good case to justify his sacking, court case aside.

GrumpyOne

SainterK wrote:
St Michele wrote:It will be interesting to watch the outcomes, last night on the news in Perth they were saying he may be coming over here to play in the WAFL.

Michele
If you didn't get a chance, have a read of the age's article and it's supposed leaks of reasons for sacking. I think if true, the club will have a good case to justify his sacking, court case aside.
Perhaps, but the Club would have to explain why when all those reasons were present before December 24, he wasn't sacked prior to that.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Well with Ross Levin being involved with the sacking you would hope that due diligence has been done

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lovett thread #12
gotta love-it :?

GrumpyOne

ausfatcat wrote:Well with Ross Levin being involved with the sacking you would hope that due diligence has been done
Or we will be able to get away with some shonky s***. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Michele

he won't be leaving the state without the court's permission i would think.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:

Michele

he won't be leaving the state without the court's permission i would think.......
Frankston is the best bet, but the way they are going, he'll only get paid in IOUs.

Should make Frankston vs Sandy matches interesting :wink:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I think where Lovett will play now is the least of his worries, if he is found guilty he wont be playing football anywhere.

With the ridiculousness spouted by his lawyers I might decide to sue Mr Lovett on the grounds that he got my hopes up and made me sad

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
GrumpyOne

Hurricane wrote:I think where Lovett will play now is the least of his worries, if he is found guilty he wont be playing football anywhere.

With the ridiculousness spouted by his lawyers I might decide to sue Mr Lovett on the grounds that he got my hopes up and made me sad

BANG BANG
Is that a Breach of Promise action?

falka
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I think where Lovett will play now is the least of his worries, if he is found guilty he wont be playing football anywhere.

BANG BANG
Is that a Breach of Promise action?
Post of the year.
All members and supporters should put in a class action against him for allegedly being a knob.