NAB Cup Fixtures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintluke
Club Player

NAB Cup Fixtures

Just realised some good news. We will play at Etihad in both Round 2 and Round 3 if we manage to progress next week. I was worried for a second that if Freo defeated North next week we could be facing a trip to Subi. But we're at home for a while yet - pending a loss and a NAB Challenge trip.

So a little incentive to continue winning in this tournament.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Re: NAB Cup Fixtures

saintluke wrote:Just realised some good news. We will play at Etihad in both Round 2 and Round 3 if we manage to progress next week. I was worried for a second that if Freo defeated North next week we could be facing a trip to Subi. But we're at home for a while yet - pending a loss and a NAB Challenge trip.

So a little incentive to continue winning in this tournament.
Something else quirky that I have discovered with the Nab cup draw is, lets say North Melb beat Fremantle which they probably will, we will then have played Coll, Sydney and Nth Melb in the first 3 rounds of the Nab Cup which are the teams we play in the first 3 rounds of the regular season!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
thequarry
Club Player

Re: NAB Cup Fixtures

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Something else quirky that I have discovered with the Nab cup draw is, lets say North Melb beat Fremantle which they probably will, we will then have played Coll, Sydney and Nth Melb in the first 3 rounds of the Nab Cup which are the teams we play in the first 3 rounds of the regular season!
I noticed this last night!

Which echoes 2004, when in the (then) Wizard Cup, we played Adelaide, Richmond, Essendon and Geelong (in that order), and then we played each of those teams in reverse order in the first four weeks of the season.