lane sinks slipper over player being exited out...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

lane sinks slipper over player being exited out...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... -omt1.html

look in your own backyard you carscum creep....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Tim Lane's last point is:

If Lovett is found not guilty of the charge, the Saints may have to defend themselves against a torrent of criticism.

Which is true, but not, I suspect, from Saints Supporters who are (mostly) glad that the issue of his playing future at the club is settled.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Tim Lane's last point is:

If Lovett is found not guilty of the charge, the Saints may have to defend themselves against a torrent of criticism.

Which is true, but not, I suspect, from Saints Supporters who are (mostly) glad that the issue of his playing future at the club is settled.
it's mainly the reference to our other players i'm pissed off about...they were never charged...different folks...different strokes afaic.....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 21 Feb 2010 3:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juggernaut
Club Player

Tim Lane nor his Daughter has never had anything complementary to say regarding St Kilda be it on TV or in the Age.
I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the subscription to the Age. it barely gets unwraped from the plastic these days when its delivered. Its not the paper it once was. Its only good for lighting the fire

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Juggernaut wrote:Tim Lane nor his Daughter has never had anything complementary to say regarding St Kilda be it on TV or in the Age.
I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the subscription to the Age. it barely gets unwraped from the plastic these days when its delivered. Its not the paper it once was. Its only good for lighting the fire
i don't buy it anymore either...just read it on line...

jack
Club Player

Tim Lane is paid by his employer to write opinion stories.

He has the choice to write well researched stories backed up by facts, or write stories based on based on innuendo and guess work. He chose the latter.

It is very easy to judge things that have happened in the past with today’s standards.

Brain Waldron basically said on SEN on Friday that he was happy how they handled the Milne and Montagna situation, but did say that if it happened today they would probably would have suspended them. If someone has a better memory of the discussion on SEN, please correct me.

when you judge someone,
You don't define them,
You define yourself.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

TIm Lane needs to start listening back to some of his calls of Carlton games..and wake up that his bias is close to Eddie-esque now. Just one example from last night. Brad Fisher (I think) grabs the ball, runs 3-4 steps, takes on 3 Sydney opponents, gets tackled, drops the ball and gets pinged.

Tim: "Ohh thats harsh..gee he was making the play"

:roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jack wrote:Tim Lane is paid by his employer to write opinion stories.

He has the choice to write well researched stories backed up by facts, or write stories based on based on innuendo and guess work. He chose the latter.

It is very easy to judge things that have happened in the past with today’s standards.

Brain Waldron basically said on SEN on Friday that he was happy how they handled the Milne and Montagna situation, but did say that if it happened today they would probably would have suspended them. If someone has a better memory of the discussion on SEN, please correct me.
no.....spot on.....

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Though we say that the charge had nothing to with it, I think it may, but we can't say that due to the impending court case.
One of the important factors to this case is that one of our players is a witness to the case and it may be that his evidence is pretty damning.
Also, it is my belief with sexual assault cases, Police won't lay charges unless they are pretty confident of getting a conviction.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:TIm Lane needs to start listening back to some of his calls of Carlton games..and wake up that his bias is close to Eddie-esque now. Just one example from last night. Brad Fisher (I think) grabs the ball, runs 3-4 steps, takes on 3 Sydney opponents, gets tackled, drops the ball and gets pinged.

Yep it is glaringly obvious isnt it?

I heard him talking bout another Carlton player involved in an unsightly incident...when the other commentators went to talk about it....Tim buts in and says "weve done that to death havent we?"

I mean....had it been St Kilda....Tim would be whingeing bout it all night long.

He really is a poor mans Commetti, without the wit or insight to the game - IMHO he belongs on ABC in another era. Adds nothing to the call and delivers absolutely NO excitement value during a game.

It is time networks updated - I mean Tim Lane, Sandy Robert FFS, EVEN Bruce IMO is now looking ridiculous not to mention Walls (cliche king) and Blight (watch me try to be left of centre.....)

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

Teflon wrote:
saint66au wrote:TIm Lane needs to start listening back to some of his calls of Carlton games..and wake up that his bias is close to Eddie-esque now. Just one example from last night. Brad Fisher (I think) grabs the ball, runs 3-4 steps, takes on 3 Sydney opponents, gets tackled, drops the ball and gets pinged.

I heard him talking bout another Carlton player involved in an unsightly incident...when the other commentators went to talk about it....Tim buts in and says "weve done that to death havent we?"

I mean....had it been St Kilda....Tim would be whingeing bout it all night long.

He really is a poor mans Commetti, without the wit or insight to the game - IMHO he belongs on ABC in another era. Adds nothing to the call and delivers absolutely NO excitement value during a game.

It is time networks updated - I mean Tim Lane, Sandy Robert FFS, EVEN Bruce IMO is now looking ridiculous not to mention Walls (cliche king) and Blight (watch me try to be left of centre.....)
He should stick to calling cricket these days I reckon.

Channel 10 I reckon run a distant 3rd to Channel's 9 and 7 in regards to football coverage over the last 5 or so years.

Going back to the days of Daicos as special comments etc, painful.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Watching it last night it was painful with Lane and Walls trying to talk up an insipid forward line without Fevola.

As for the article, says nothing that hasn't already been done to death.

perhaps the Saints should have gone down the Carlton path by paying off the alleged victim of rape, I mean that type of behaviour has culminated in the putrid culture now quite apparant at his favourite club.

With the culture at Carlton already affecting McLean with his disgusting show of respect and poor sportsmanship to Kirk, Lane tries to stop the conversation with, "we have done it to death". I thought the exact same thing as Teflon, anyone else and he would have gone on about it all night.

Lane is no longer respected by the football community, a poor writer, commentator, and worst of all biased as Eddie could ever be.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Tim Lane is cringe wirthy in the extreme. Questions decisions that are blatant free kicks and have been for 150 years, tries to be funny and is as funny as a busted arsehole, and his bias is sickening. He seriously, actually, has NO clue. The only commentator that makes me wnat to punch the TV> Deplorable, can we get him sacked? Is there a anti facespew page for ole frog head? If Hutchy has one ....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He can write what he likes. Dont read it if you dont like him. I havent read it because I dont like him.

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

"a busted arsehole"OOOOOH! now THAT is NOT funny! :cry:

Yus my dear!!!!!
Arthur Mullard
Club Player

seriously, the guy is a complete hypocrite. If his favourite club had done the same as the Saints with Lovett when Fevola and others were misbehaving early in the piece, they may well have retained the services of several good players including Fev.
A truly ROTTEN CLUB!

Yus my dear!!!!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Oh and lets not forget his thigh-slapper last night about the lack of Blues fans at the ground being because they'd be an hour away...in the "Blue" Mountains. :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Oh and lets not forget his thigh-slapper last night about the lack of Blues fans at the ground being because they'd be an hour away...in the "Blue" Mountains. :roll:
Yeah! WTF, and I mean W.T.F was that about ?? This is where the cringeworthy part comes in. He didnt even give it his british best as you would when trying to deliver a "joke" . Gawd, someone shoot him , please!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Oh and lets not forget his thigh-slapper last night about the lack of Blues fans at the ground being because they'd be an hour away...in the "Blue" Mountains. :roll:
Look out Rex Hunt!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the more we win the less relevant these opinino pieces become .... actions not words ..... we keep on winning who cares what the flogs have to say

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the more we win the less relevant these opinino pieces become .... actions not words ..... we keep on winning who cares what the flogs have to say
Lot of truth in that.

Must shyte Lane no end that his cr@p club looks destined for more mediocrity while yet again Saints appear finals bound......flog.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the more we win the less relevant these opinino pieces become .... actions not words ..... we keep on winning who cares what the flogs have to say
Yep..Agreed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i don't see how a rational person can bring the Milne & Monty saga into this.

You can't paint all sexual assualts under the 1 brush

I never found out exactly what was inferred that M&M did, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't rape and I got the impression the club felt they hadn't done the wrong thing right off the bat

matrix
Saintsational Legend

funny
the afl had no prob with the decision to sack him

on a side note, time lane has to be the most boring commentator in the world

bigred
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i don't see how a rational person can bring the Milne & Monty saga into this.

You can't paint all sexual assualts under the 1 brush
Unless you are a complete and total moron.

As we saw on this site last week.