Winter Olympic Gold Comes at Cost, say Footy Scribes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Winter Olympic Gold Comes at Cost, say Footy Scribes

Footy writers the country over have slammed the audacity of news outlets for daring to bump Andrew Lovett's court appearance from the front pages after Australia snared Winter Olympic snowboarding gold today.

Journalists are said to be privately seething that the Lovett saga has been momentarily shunted from top billing.

'I mean he even rocked up to court with a bird in a pretty low cut suit! I swear I could pretty much see her bra. What more do we have to do?' said one reporter.

Another senior journalist, who refused to be named, said it was bad enough that a prancing ice skating poof in leotards got some air time earlier on in the day, but he said the fact some no name bird on a sponsored bit of five ply could keep the fall out from an alleged rape off the back pages was tantamount to censorship.

'Look at the facts. We've got a series of lives here that have been unthinkably ruined and a footy club in crisis. It's our duty to squeeze every last tawdry drop of ill-informed tripe from the whole saga. It's not like we're gonna run out of angles or anything. I mean who's anybody kidding? We make half the sh-t up anyway.'

An unnamed senior online editor at a leading national daily said the move was completely justified.

'Come on, that snowboarder chick is hot!' he said. 'Think of the clicks we'll get when we link the story to a gallery of the swimwear shoot she did to pay her way to Vancouver.'

On whether or not the Eddie Maguire homophobia scandal deserved equal billing, he was more circumspect.

'Yeah, well that story looked good for a while,' he said. 'But seriously, is anyone really surprised that a channel nine commentator would crack a fag joke?'
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 19 Feb 2010 3:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

nice work :lol:

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

:) Love your work Thinline.

A nice change of pace from all the stupid F.U.D. that has inundated the forum lately.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im guessing FUD
is
f****** useless drivel?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

UFD is Ultimate Fighting Dwarf - not sure about FUD

Kris1
Club Player

Jeez you had me sucked in there for a minute! Brilliant...and so close to the truth!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Good one Thinline.....now all we need is Dan Warna and Zippy to add some AAP/Rueter updates :lol: :lol: :lol:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Scarily close to the real thing. Have you been eavesdropping on their editorial meetings?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Brilliant :)
I admit I was 'sucked in' initially.