Saints name squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Saints name squad

ST KILDA v COLLINGWOOD
St Kilda
2. Steven King, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Clint Jones, 5. Ben McEvoy, 6. Zac Dawson, 11. Leigh Montagna, 12. Nick Riewoldt, 13. Adam Schneider, 14. Jarryn Geary, 15. Michael Gardiner, 18. Brendon Goddard, 19. Sam Gilbert, 20. David Armitage, 21. Nick Heyne, 22. Farren Ray, 23. Justin Koschitzke, 25. Sam Fisher, 27. Jason Blake, 28. Rhys Stanley, 30. Brett Peake, 32. Andrew McQualter, 33. James Gwilt, 36. Tommy Walsh, 37. Leigh Fisher, 38. Will Johnson, 39. Alistair Smith, 44. Stephen Milne, 45. Luke Miles, 49. Steven Gaertner

Looks ok to me

Sure to see some new faces

Walsh, Gaetner, Peake, Johnson, Smith, L Fisher (not new) heyne, Miles, Stanley

We have named 4 ruckmen, am sure maybe 1 or 2 will miss.

Walsh may not be ready but will progress his game

Looking forward to seeing Heyne, Gaetner, Stanley, Peake, Walsh, Miles get games

GO SAINTS

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

No Contract, No contact :shock:
chook23
Saintsational Legend

No

Gram
Hayes
Baker
Clarke
DalSanto
Dempster

saint4life
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

No Lynch?? Any news, is he injured???

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Good squad, really hanging to see the kids get a run, Armo and Steven having another crack and Peake running out in the RBW. Walsh and Stanley won't play, me thinks.

I only hope we win so we can see more of 'em in the following weeks (on the TV that is)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Surely Walsh is not even NAB cup ready?

Captain Impossible
Club Player

St Chris wrote:No Lynch?? Any news, is he injured???
Good question, I was really looking forward to seeing him play. Did he play in the intraclub game?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Surely Walsh is not even NAB cup ready?
nope- but they dont care. chuck him in the heat of battle - and see how he competes - fastest lesson for him.

notable absentees tommy lynch, tom simpkin and paul cahill.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I've heard a strong rumour that Alistair Smith will be selected in the team for the NAB Cup Rd 1.

Well, blow me down, there he is!! :D :D

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ThePunter
Club Player

Luke Miles Zac Dawson Sam Gilbert
Sam Fisher Jason Blake Jarryn Geary
Brett Peake Brendon Goddard Farren Ray
Andrew McQualter Nick Riewoldt Adam Schneider
Stephen Milne Justin Koschitzke Jack Steven
Michael Gardiner Clint Jones Leigh Montagna
Steven King Ben McEvoy David Armitage Nick Heyne James Gwilt Alistair Smith
Rhys Stanley Will Johnson

Tommy Walsh Leigh Fisher Steven Gaertner

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i hope Smith gets his shot ... the kid is very very fast and it will be great to see him pull on the jumper for the first time !!

cant see the point in playing Leigh fisher after all he isnt going to play a role in the saints once his contract obligations are fufiled

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Any word if the Pies are playing their kids as well?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Any word if the Pies are playing their kids as well?
coll squad in link in 2nd post of thread....

close to full list

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

close to full list
Ah. Missed it.

Ta.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

close to full list
honestly matching up theire team with ours i still se our boys beating theirs in most possitions ... the still have to stop BJ Roo Chips joey Kosi Gilbo CJ Milne and Shnides .....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Pies have got new recycled players such as Ball, Jolly and Buckley listed, plus they have a stack of 2-3rd year players...not as much need to get their rookies on the park IMO...they need to get their new team gelling.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
chook23 wrote:

close to full list
honestly matching up theire team with ours i still se our boys beating theirs in most possitions ... the still have to stop BJ Roo Chips joey Kosi Gilbo CJ Milne and Shnides .....
Seeing he's been named in the squad - it doesn't look like Leigh Fisher is finished with the club does it.... maybe he still has a future :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
chook23 wrote:

close to full list
Seeing he's been named in the squad - it doesn't look like Leigh Fisher is finished with the club does it.... maybe he still has a future :shock:
i honestly cant see what the point of it is ... he was overlooked all of last year and delisted only to be rookied with the statement that he was the last pick to make sure he had every opertunity to find a new home and was kept as a contract obligation .. surely he couldnt of impressed RL soo much hes done a compleat flip on him ... but i spose thats why im a fan and RL is the coach :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
chook23 wrote:

close to full list
i honestly cant see what the point of it is ... he was overlooked all of last year and delisted only to be rookied with the statement that he was the last pick to make sure he had every opertunity to find a new home and was kept as a contract obligation .. surely he couldnt of impressed RL soo much hes done a compleat flip on him ... but i spose thats why im a fan and RL is the coach :)
Have you actually thought that maybe every fit player has been named.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Agree with all you say pretty much. But...

I know I'll be howled down for being pedantic - 'complete', 'opportunity' and 'opposition'.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
chook23 wrote:

close to full list
Yep, under the previous coaching panel, he was named most weeks HBF. Now they tried to turn him into a tagger........and also I guess he's been overtaken by others
One of my favourite players - very determined young man :shock:

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Don't forget the emergencies are still to be named.

Only notable absentees for Pies are Josh Fraser, Jack Anthony and Brad Dick.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

DOnt be surprised to see Tom Walsh geta run in all the pre season games. He needs all the match practise he can get before the season starts for either the saints or zebras.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Don't forget the emergencies are still to be named.

Only notable absentees for Pies are Josh Fraser, Jack Anthony and Brad Dick.
Notable absentee is probably quite an apt description for Josh Fraser in a more general sense...

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

What kids?

Their first pick was Luke Ball. They didn't have another pick until 62.

Furtius Quo Rdelious