Saints continue to evolve and get stronger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:FANTASTIC post white winmar...Post of the year so far..

I wish people who defend rodger's right to an opinion would wake up to the fact that he doesnt have an opinion...he has a perverted desire to post a bunch of words designed to bait and provoke other posters...thats not an opinion.

If anyone thinks im out of line saying this as a mod...I'll cop being the first mod to get a warning lol..thats how much Im over this guy. Feel free to PM another mod if you are uncomfortable with my stance.

People like Rodgerfox are everything thats bad about Fan Forums..professional baiters who really dont care about the forum they belong to..just the attention they crave for their sad sad selves.

HOW BLOODY DARE YOU HIJACK THIS GREAT THREAD WITH YOUR SELF-OBSESSED DRIBBLE!!!!!!

Sorry White Winmar..but someone had to say it.....

Rodgerfox is an intruder on this otherwise great forum and is the most annoying and destructive poster we've ever had

There you go Rodg..you got the rant youve prolly been praying for since you joined here..you got under a mods skin. Nice work.

I will cop any warning I recieve for this post on the chin...cos God I feel better :-)

so according to the rules he received either a caution or a warning then?

rodge: do you get bored easy??
:roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I reckon he is a bit of fun.
I reckon you reckon tearing the wings off flies is a bit of fun too.
Not really. I like standing on Ants and de knackering sheep more.
At the same time?...

My point stands!
Your point being that RF isnt a bit of fun?
'A bit of fun', like de knackering sheep while stamping on ants perhaps.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I only posted a positive thread because there is evidence to support the optimism. We have made the finals 5 times in the past 6 years, an unprecedented run other than the late 60's/early 70's under Yabby. I would be the first to blast the current regime if they weren't performing. The point of the thread is to look at how far we've come and that we are a solid chance to challenge for the flag again. There's nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, especially when there is a wealth of empirical evidence to back it up! Sure the club is not perfect and some mistakes have been made, but a couple of mistakes will not derail this group. That I'm certain of!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I enjoyed WW post very much, and happen to share his view in this instance.

However I agree that it would be boring if the forum was filled with only positive threads, and would encourage anyone to create a thread if they felt strongly about a particular issue even if it was to paint the club in a not so favourable light.

However people seem to try and tip the existing threads to their way of thinking instead, which is within the rules, but get's boring IMO.

Just start a thread, it's not hard...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Nice post WW.

Your point about GT's arrogance costing us 2 flags is incorrect thought, because you have to be in a Grand Final to win one. Thomas was not a good enough coach or manager to get his team to a Grand Final.

He may have cost us from challenging for a flag in a Grand Final because he was responsible for our disasterous injury run in 04 and 05, but we never lost a flag due to Thomas because he couldn't get us to a grand Final to win one.

Dont run that past RF though because he has admitted how confused he is on this issue.

As for the rest of your post. Very good, very positive.

I think the legacy of Butters/Thomas era will be the overriding strength of character the club seems now to possess. In 20 years time if we have won three or four flags, we will look back and say they were the ones that started the positive attitude and self belief the top clubs need.

As for the AL issue, i dont think it is a challenge at all. Milne and Montagna was the challenge 6 years ago and we came through that to have a very very good year. This issue doesn't even feel that important to me in regards to the performance of the team. I dont think it has be a distraction at all.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What is with Rodgerfox? Is he real? Or just a hopeless stirrer?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I enjoyed WW post very much, and happen to share his view in this instance.

However I agree that it would be boring if the forum was filled with only positive threads, and would encourage anyone to create a thread if they felt strongly about a particular issue even if it was to paint the club in a not so favourable light.

However people seem to try and tip the existing threads to their way of thinking instead, which is within the rules, but get's boring IMO.

Just start a thread, it's not hard...
Totally agree SainterK...and Im sure every one on here at some point has posted some criticism on the Club in some way..or gone against the majority flow in a thread..but IMO what Rodgerfox does is totally removed from this....consider..

* The ony topic he ever posts on is coaching. EVER..even our other most outspoken posters have opinions on a wide range of Saints topics..but not Rodger

* He either posts exclusively in posts about RL or twists other ones to suit his..I was going to say agenda but Id rather call it...antagonising

* Pleads his indifference to AFL football and St Kilda but has thousands of posts here

I'll go out on a limb..I think its very possible that Rodgerfox is a character created by another poster here. No idea who but its very feasible. If not, I dont think he's a member and I dont think he goes to games. He's never contributed one cent to the running of this site or the sponsorship of players despite numerous claims that he works well above middle management level..so its hardly a stretch financially. IMO this is to keep his "identity" secret.

I think he posts here purely and simply to undermine, annoy and hijack posts made by genuine caring passionate Saints fans, using a stance of being anti-RL to do it. I think he cares a lot more about the notariety he creates than anthing to do with St Kilda. I dont think he cares about RL...or GT...its just a game to get up peoples noses

There, Ive said it. If any of my claims are proven wrong, I will completely and unreservedly apologise ..and if any of the other mods think Ive gone too far, I'll cop whatever punishment they see fit.

I know its just my opinion, but Ive been aroud this site for a while now and met many of the posters. I reckon were all being taken on a big ride by the character known as Rodgerfox...

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:[I'll go out on a limb..I think its very possible that Rodgerfox is a character created by another poster here. No idea who but its very feasible. If not, I dont think he's a member and I dont think he goes to games. He's never contributed one cent to the running of this site or the sponsorship of players despite numerous claims that he works well above middle management level..so its hardly a stretch financially. IMO this is to keep his "identity" secret.
This is the part I really object to. he infers that he is some big time wheeler dealer in the corporate world, but when asked about corporate structures, he is clueless.

he pretends that he is above AFL and the STKFC, but posts here in thousands of posts, but is a parasite and never puts his hand in his pocket.

There are over 100 shares left for player sponsorship but he refuses to contribute.

A parasite on this forum.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sure, which is why I suggested that he should start his own threads instead of hijacking others. If he strongly feels that some are guilty of wearing 'rose coloured' glasses, then by all means I will happily contribute to a discussion dedicated to this very issue.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Love the view of history in this thread .... :D
Maybe Blight, Alves or Sheldon would have got us premierships if they had been given another 5 years at the helm. It is a pretty hard task to re-map reality or replay history.
However, some are always willing to try.
I prefer to look to the future - and clearing out AL before the season starts was probably imperative after the charge was laid.
Now the playing group can avoid unnecessary distractions and let the lawyers play their legal games.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

This was and still is a great thread despite Rodgerfox's manic depressive posts.
I am one who has lived through the bad days when a win was like a premiership, when people felt sorry for you for being a St.Kilda supporter.
Despite our better performances over the years, still don't believe the rest of the football world will really respect us until they hate us because we have an era where we win multiple flags.
Just hope we are seeing the start of that era.
Despite the fact it is only a NAB Cup game, I really want to spank the filth this Friday just too make a statement to the press in regards to their attitude to the Ball and AL sagas.
It's always nice to be the victorious villian.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Great post, WW.
I haven't been on this forum long enough to realise that if you say something positive about GT you get attacked from all sides. I don't think you can just say "GT's arrogance cost us a couple of flags". It's more complicated than that.

Injuries at crucial times.
"Sirengate" in '06 (cost us top 4).
That home and away game in Adelaide v port where the umpires virtually cheated and we lost by less than a goal.
We've had bad luck before too. What about that heart-breaking loss to Sydney in the first week of the '08 Finals?
I love Thommo. I reckon he bleeds red white and black. I've met him and I've told him.

But he's not our coach any more. Ross Lyon is our coach and I'll back him to the hilt. I'm sad AL never played for us but the club is always bigger than the individual. I want a Premiership! If individuals have to fall by the wayside, so be it.

PS Ron Barassi and North still won the flag in '77 even without "Slammin' Sam" Kekovitch. Even Keith grieg didn't play and they still won.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
minneapolis
Club Player

Ah Winmar Blanc.

Magnifique!

Tres formidable!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:That's right. It will be a fabulous forum when every thread has titles like "How fantastic is the club" and "How amazing is Ross Lyon" and "How could we possibly be in better hands" and "How much do we all hate the exiled enemy of the people's revolution and agent of foreign powers Grant Thomas" and there are no dissenting voices on any thread.

A bit like North Korea really................ :roll:
What utter rubbish.

Unlike you, many on here can distinguish between critique and trolling.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Great post WW. For someone who's a life long Saints fan but who's been living overseas for 12 years it's great to read such a summary, and at a crucial time too. Good to see such solidarity at the press conference, and IMO the writing was on the wall for AL just as soon as the allegation emerged.

RL would have warned him, as a last warning, after the drunk-arrest. So that was all over before it even got this far. So this means it's probably no great shock to the club internal. The players needed to get over the disappointment of not getting Cousins last year (probably a bad comparison), and RL will be dishing out the same message to the playing group now. If Peake slots in to the team, with his speed (as seen last Friday, wow) we've done alright I reckon. Go Saints!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
markp
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
meher baba wrote:That's right. It will be a fabulous forum when every thread has titles like "How fantastic is the club" and "How amazing is Ross Lyon" and "How could we possibly be in better hands" and "How much do we all hate the exiled enemy of the people's revolution and agent of foreign powers Grant Thomas" and there are no dissenting voices on any thread.

What utter rubbish.

Well said.

Rodgerfox is closer to Peter Hore than David Stratton.

Finna
Club Player

Great Post.
Agree Wholeheartedly.

We are now a force to be reckoned with and stuff is going to come up but I fully trust in our ability to handle ourselves.

Bring on 2010

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:

What utter rubbish.

Then obviously I don't know what constitutes trolliing. Which comment of rf's on this thread was an example of trolling?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
matrix
Saintsational Legend

shut up rodge and get ya hand in ya pocket ya cheap bastard :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sorry...didn't realise that this was solely a mutual masturbation forum...... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...ffs.....gawd...what a boring sanitised world we are living in.....where anybody with a different or un pc view is ostracised. abused, belittled ..or banned even....in my view though, saints66au...you are entitled to your opinion and a warning would be way way over the top........ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote: I love Thommo. I reckon he bleeds red white and black. I've met him and I've told him.

But he's not our coach any more. Ross Lyon is our coach and I'll back him to the hilt. I'm sad AL never played for us but the club is always bigger than the individual. I want a Premiership! If individuals have to fall by the wayside, so be it.

me too mate....but if ross makes a blue...posters should feel free to say so...without being shouted down or told to piss off to collingwood..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
supersaints
Club Player

Good post, however the biggest positive about lovetts sacking is that he is GONE.....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:What utter rubbish.

Then obviously I don't know what constitutes trolliing. Which comment of rf's on this thread was an example of trolling?
MY assertation was that you obviously don't know what constitutes trolling.

But if you wanted to troll, a good starting point is to pose a question without revealing your own opinion or agenda. Then you can lead whoever responds on a merry little dance without ever exposing yourself as a target.

Kind of like this last question of yours. An opportunity to troll on the subject of trolling. Meta-trolling! Well done, MB.

1. As if there are no other dissenting voices or healthy discussions on this forum. Please.

2. You're not as dumb as you make out.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote: MB.

2. You're not as dumb as you make out.

I disagree with you on your last point, keeping in mind this is the guy who wanted Lyon sacked and replaced with Bundy in the middle of 2008!:roll:

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:me too mate....but if ross makes a blue...posters should feel free to say so...without being shouted down or told to piss off to collingwood..
Correct