I Support the Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

as much as i respect markp and his posts and humor and our discussions on a wide range of topics....i think he should be banned for a month for posting that pic
8-) :twisted:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: I Support the Club

stinger wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion and so am I.
obviously you don't believe that.......
If I didn't believe it I wouldn't have posted it.

You're just as entitled to your opinion as I or anybody else is.

I may not agree with your opinion on this topic, but who says I must?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

and that's not referring to me now is it geoffrey....?...not half...unless i'm not the certain poster you refer to....
oh course it was directed at you, you are the only one delusional enough to think that every post is about you :roll:
stinger wrote:..i haven't slagged off at our captain or our coach as you insultingly refer.....and thats with one r...just like infer... :roll:
Well good for you then :roll: . Why bother even replying then if my post and MM's doesn't apply to you.

BUT YOU DID REPLY didn't you?

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, either is MM's, but you were the one who replied and abused and insulted me personally.

It must have resonated with you, and as i have said before, thats your problem, If you feel it applies to you, got nothing to do with me.
stinger wrote:deluded i'm not...just aware of your tactics....
For goodness sakes are you for real? You do delude yourself into thinking that

1) you are important on a football forum
2) that a football forum has any significance or meaning to anyone
3) that members are "0ut to get you" with "tactics" (paranoia 101?)
stinger wrote:this time there is not much room to mistake who you are telling to piss off ffs....
please quote where I told anyone to piss off. In your mind you might think so, but in reality you are really delusional and seem very very paranoid.

For gods sake man, get some perspective. this is a football forum , and you carry on like it is life and death. It isn't.

I am not here like some others to orchestrate some sort of combative reaction from you, everyone knows you seem to have a hair trigger, that goes off at the slightest "percieved" provocation.

stinger wrote:and i won't be replying to your rude offensive post in the other thread either....
lol - a tad hypocrital I would opine. You insulted and abused me (I reposted your insults for all the world to seeon the other thread several) and now you play victim.

Really stinger, come on, this ir really too much, even for you. :?

For goodness sake stinger, go and get some help, you are really losing it if you think I sit here all day concocting ways and "tactics" to emtrap you, or to start some sort of personal vendetta flame war.

really I, and everybody is completely past that. barks4eva has changed, and has tried to smoke the peace pipe with you, but you continue to go down this path.

For goodness sake stinger, give it a rest, you are getting tiresome.
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 07 Feb 2010 10:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:actually, i thought joffa was talking about RF

well said MM
not how i would put it, but bloody well said.

im sick of the whole Ball saga, the whole Lovett bulls*** and the GT v Lyon debate.
yet i have a feeling its only the beginning and throughout the season we'll be hearing lots more

im backing Roo and Ross 100% too
this is what you do as a member 8-)
actually it wasn't about anyone in particular matrix, just a general opinion.

if someone takes it that it means them, thats their problem.
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 07 Feb 2010 10:43am, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: I Support the Club

Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion and so am I.
obviously you don't believe that.......
If I didn't believe it I wouldn't have posted it.

You're just as entitled to your opinion as I or anybody else is.

I may not agree with your opinion on this topic, but who says I must?
I tried to make the same point but was abused and insulted.

By definition an opinion cant be right or wrong. You can agree or disagree on the merits.

Some people should realise that you have the right to express your views without being insulted an abused, especially when you were not directing your post at any one person.

Congratulations on your stance MM, and even though i dont agree with you views on some occasions, I respect your right to voice them without a tirade of abuse and bullying.

Good one

Lance or James??

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:Image

Yep, I'm with them...
Thats an awsome pic ..........
Yep, they just seem to have an air of unfinished business about them 8-)
And maybe they're thinking about how they're gonna wipe the 'eat shyte' grin off this...

+1 btw.... :D
Symbolism means a lot to me.
I couldn't help but notice that on his footy jumper over his heart, Luke has replaced the St Kilda crest with a 'Fly Emirates' badge.

'Strength through Loyalty' replaced with an airline trying to buy more business.

Still weating Red, White and Black :wink:

That picture says a lot to me.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Personally Bev I dont buy the Luke Ball has to be loyaly to the Saints.

He has every right to earn more money for himself.

The thing I really object to is the spin by Collingwood and their acolytes Sheahan and Jon Ralph trying to spin the whole thing and say Luke didn't leave for money.

Everyone knows he did.

That is the point. And, on reflection, maybe your point too.

Lance or James??

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah he can go earn more money i have no prob if thats what he wants to do then good luck to him.

loyalty is few and far between these days sadly
i would certainly be a one club player if i was an afl footballer and deemed good enough to be chased by various teams.

but each to their own

its just that this is gonna go on ALL year....bally and lovett lol

im sure itll be interesting reading

mastersaint
Club Player

so the due date that the 4 horsemen are back to full posting duties in their current banned areas/forum types is?

When is this ban lifted or when will they be reinstated??????

All this for loving and following a footy club they love.......shame

Freedom of speech, i think not.....
Peoples GSOH misconstrued......

Hopefully they will be back before the first game
Seems a tad unfair

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mastersaint wrote:so the due date that the 4 horsemen are back to full posting duties in their current banned areas/forum types is?

When is this ban lifted or when will they be reinstated??????

All this for loving and following a footy club they love.......shame

Freedom of speech, i think not.....
Peoples GSOH misconstrued......

Hopefully they will be back before the first game
Seems a tad unfair
Go to the GF for full explanation from battye.

To answer you question, about three weeks.

And according to battye and HD it had nothing to do with loving the Saints, if that was the reason all of us would be banned.

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

What I'm reading from this thread, is that several are admitting to, and advocating blind faith.

If the coach says it, it's true. I'm a Saints member, so it's my duty to support him.

Ditto for the Captain.

Now that's something that I categorically disagree with.

There is no loyalty in football these days. From clubs to supporters, from clubs to players, from players to clubs, from coaches to clubs...etc. etc. etc.

Footy fans are treated almost as shareholders.

If the club is doing well, their stock value is high and their memberships are appealing.

If they aren't doing well, or aren't marketed to the public well, their stock doesn't have value.

Therefore, due to the fact there is no law against it in footy - you are lied to, manipulated, and emotionally blackmailed into getting money out of you.

What you get for 'investing' in a footy club is cheaper admission, some dodgy discounts at various places you'd never usually go to, and a sense of 'belonging' to something (if you're that sort of person).

I must admit, I find it strange that normally intelligent adults get sucked into this.
"I support the club" sort of stuff, "it's my duty as a member".

Your only duty as a member is to pay up.

As 'shareholders' of these organisations, you have no loyalty to them. And no obligations whatsoever.

I'm a shareholder in several companies and all I want is a return on my investment.
That's pretty much the way footy should be seen these days. The clubs see it this way - however still alot of 'passionate' footy fans don't.

If you aren't getting an investment on your return - you ask questions. If any of the companies that I own stock in get into a public argument over an employee leaving, I certainly aren't going to side with the CEO of mine just cause I have a financial investment in it.
Most likely the opposite.

Passion doesn't exist in AFL.

It exists in the minds of the easily led fans, but not in clubs.

So, 'supporting the club' does not mean you need to believe what the coach says at all.
It does not mean you have any obligation whatsoever.

It simply means they want your money, and in return you get into the footy a bit cheaper and if you have a hole in your life - you'll also get a sense of 'involvement'.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Sun 07 Feb 2010 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Why?

Apart from saying that all footy club players and officials lie to the public - I haven't even really weighed into the whole Luke Ball debate.

I couldn't care less really.

We'll miss him as a player and it's disappointing to get nothing in return for a player of his calibre - but apart from that, he's gone.

Move on.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:What I'm reading from this thread, is that several are admitting to, and advocating blind faith.

If the coach says it, it's true. I'm a Saints member, so it's my duty to support him.

Ditto for the Captain.

There is no loyalty in football these days. From clubs to supporters, from clubs to players, from players to clubs, from coaches to clubs...etc. etc. etc.

If the club is doing well, their stock value is high and their memberships are appealing.

If they aren't doing well, or aren't marketed to the public well, their stock doesn't have value.

Therefore, due to the fact there is no law against it in footy - you are lied to, manipulated, and emotionally blackmailed into getting money out of you.

What you get for 'investing' in a footy club is cheaper admission, some dodgy discounts at various places you'd never usually go to, and a sense of 'belonging' to something (if you're that sort of person).

I must admit, I find it strange that normally intelligent adults get sucked into this.

As 'shareholders' of these organisations, you have no loyalty to them. And no obligations whatsoever.

I'm a shareholder in several companies and all I want is a return on my investment.
That's pretty much the way footy should be seen these days. The clubs see it this way - however still alot of 'passionate' footy fans don't.

If you aren't getting an investment on your return - you ask questions. If any of the companies that I own stock in get into a public argument over an employee leaving, I certainly aren't going to side with the CEO of mine just cause I have a financial investment in it.

So, 'supporting the club' does not mean you need to believe what the coach says at all.

It simply means they want your money, and in return you get into the footy a bit cheaper and if you have a hole in your life - you'll also get a sense of 'involvement'.
Well then, WTF are you doing here then? Its all bad bad bad, just give it up and go find a rock to curl up under.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Well then, WTF are you doing here then? Its all bad bad bad, just give it up and go find a rock to curl up under.
?

I'm not sure I said it was 'all bad'.

It's just not life and death as some here on here seem to believe.

I follow other sports too, and don't see them as life or death either. Doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't follow them.

In what other facet of life would you blindly believe someone and 'support' someone that you have no personal link to?

It's just really odd that adults feel this way.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:What I'm reading from this thread, is that several are admitting to, and advocating blind faith.

Ditto for the Captain.

PS- there is no Santa Claus... Love and sex are just chemical and evolutionary tricks designed to fool us into the burden procreating... there is no god... and we are all going to die (either suddenly and too young, or after a long, slow and inexorable decline).

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
PS- there is no Santa Claus... Love and sex are just chemical and evolutionary tricks designed to fool us into the burden procreating... there is no god... and we are all going to die (either suddenly and too young, or after a long, slow and inexorable decline).
Perfect example...

The first one - how many adults do you know that still believe in Santa?

The second and third ones - comparing following a footy club to procreation and death??

Case in point.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
Perfect example...

The second and third ones - comparing following a footy club to procreation and death??

Case in point.
Can folk still celebrate and love christmas though?

Or even enjoy their footy as much as 'procreating'?

What really does matter in life anyway?

And who are you to judge for others?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
Perfect example...

Case in point.
Can folk still celebrate and love christmas though?

Or even enjoy their footy as much as 'procreating'?

What really does matter in life anyway?

And who are you to judge for others?
You'll find that many sentences in this thread are judging others for being blindly faithful.

Not vice versa.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So Rodg you just sit there at games and pretend your watching the ticker at the stock exchange?

Do you hush all those pesky passionate fans cos you cant concentrate on watching your portfolio grow??

Scream "Sell sell" every time Roo opr Milney kick a blinder??

Really gets on my wick when people confuse loyally following a club with some sort of sheep mentality. All MM is saying is that we as footy fans, knows absolutely bugger-all about how to run and coach an AFL Club, so making "informed" comments about anything from coaching to selecting has to be taken in that context. We put faith in those employed to do the job

Confusing opinion and fact is the most common fault in supporter forums, and with the greatest respect RF, you are one of the greatest exponents of it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Why?

Apart from saying that all footy club players and officials lie to the public - I haven't even really weighed into the whole Luke Ball debate.

I couldn't care less really.

We'll miss him as a player and it's disappointing to get nothing in return for a player of his calibre - but apart from that, he's gone.

Move on.
it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So Rodg you just sit there at games and pretend your watching the ticker at the stock exchange?
May be an insight as to why it is unsure if RodgerFox is even a Saints member, or if he in fact, actually attends games.

Apparently to have loyalty and faith in ones club is something that RF shuns and does not like.

Apparently we must all be dispassionate theatre goers and not supporters.

Goodbye to AFL when that happens.

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Apparently we must all be dispassionate theatre goers and not supporters.

Goodbye to AFL when that happens.
I've actually been saying that for years.

The AFL, in their decision to quash passion ahead of $$ are, in the long term seriously threatening the game.

It's not an 'attractive' game. If you're not emotionally involved it can be as boring as bat shiit.

When the passionate fans who blindly throw their money at the game to feel 'involved' in something either wake up, or die, and the new fans come along - I don't think they will be happy to throw their money at AFL footy if they don't have the emotion attached to it.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Apparently you cant have your own opinion without abuse on this subject.
Followed by.....
joffaboy wrote:... if you want to slag off our captain and Rl and inferr they are liars, piss off to Collingwood.

Hahahah!!

Textbook Joffaboy.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Ditto for the Captain.

Agree with you in part - especially the bit about loyalty. But I think there is a balance....yes you can disagree with the club, coach, captain and decisions they make. But then got on with it and get on board. Say your piece and move on. We will never know the full story as to discussions, personalities, perceptions that go on inside a club. We will never the grand plan (if there is one). So disagree - make your point but then be a freakin' supporter and get behind the club.