Malthouse takes stick to Riewoldt...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:hey barks.....you made gazza happy :wink: :wink: :lol:
Yeah, make sure you tell him from me that I hope he doesn't sit with me at the footy this year, anyway I'm sure there's plenty of room on dodgy's couch!

AND I'm glad he got banned, he fully deserved it!
said he got a phone call from you...you tell him yourself.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Yeah, make sure you tell him from me that I hope he doesn't sit with me at the footy this year, anyway I'm sure there's plenty of room on dodgy's couch!

Then he's delusional as per usual, I never rang him and don't intend to!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:i expressed the opinion that sheahan had it right...and that most people in the footy world knew that to be the truth...i also expressed the opinion that nick wouldn't really know...that he would only know what he was told...eddie is the presdnt of the filth...and as such woud have had direct involvement with ball over all of this sorry mess....roo admitted he had had little contact with ball...i also believe that the saints are putting out spin to appease disgruntled supporters.....so i'm caught in your sweep..without the need for you to name me anyway
Now I do not want to seem impolite, but that is mindboggling in the extreme and I seriously wonder about your radar but then again, you Thomas flogs were never very fast on the uptake, you cannot be serious!

Riewoldt would have more of a clue, KNOW THE FULL STORY as to what really happened, FFS, this started mid year, Riewoldt would know 100% of the story, every which way, from both sides, in, out, up, down, whichever way you shake it,

and you have the stupidity to suggest that Sheahan, that fat hypocritical president of the filth and I'm sure you also think that idiot Malthouse is more in the loop than the St kilda captain who played with Ball all year,

it's amazing to me how stupid your reasoning is at times, quite unbelievable

you say that eddie would have had more involvement with Ball all over this sorry mess, excuse me this sorry mess started mid season, my radar tells me 12th of June when we played Carlton at the Dome and you have the gall to suggest that Eddie would have more of a clue as to why Ball had a falling out with Lyon than what Riewoldt would,

perleeeeeeeeze,

You've written a lot of crap before so at least your consistent!
ease up b4e, there is no need to insulting.

I thought that stinger stated that his main beef was the reference to a saints player going to clean up Ball when we play Collingwood.

A captain would not say that on radio or anywhere if it was not in jest IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Then he's delusional as per usual, I never rang him and don't intend to!

he might have said pm or e-mail...i don't know...wasn't terribly interested if the truth be known.....in that part of the conversation...we were discussing more important matters.... :wink: :wink: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:and you are constant with your personal abuse....i should have known better...i was warned...serves me right....

..i was talking about what eddie and roo stated...what was on the table at the end...wa there a contract there or not.....are you serious...do yu think the management of the st kilda football club discuss all their contracts with all their players...even some of them.....roo would be told what they wnted him and the players to know...nothing more ..nothing less.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

....i ran a moderately sized organisation for more than 25 years.....i never told the hired help anything ht would put them off doing the brst job thy possibly could......the employment conditions of other staff was none of their business....

..there...i've managed a reply without abusing you personally...
Yes I am serious, I'm sure Riewoldt knows the full story, both sides, in, out, up, down, sideways, the full story, lock, stock and barrel, which ever way you want to shake it, how much money, incentive based or not whether Ball was allowed to take a piss,

Maguire and Malthouse would only know what Ball told them,

anyway Riewoldt was there when things went pear shaped between Ball and Lyon, which is the real issue, how the whole mess got started, mid season,

So your half baked opinions, misperceptions and blaming of the St kilda Football Club and most notably Ross Lyon for somehow being disrespectful to Ball is the height of all ignorance,

you were not privy to what happened mid season, so in truth you know SFA, blaming Lyon or anyone for that matter is total BS!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
he might have said pm or e-mail...
was not me,

important stuff, yeah viva the revolution, you and Gary Guevara discussing the political machinations of a footy forum,

how embarrassing,

FAIR DINKUM

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
how embarrassing,

FAIR DINKUM
The embarrassing thing is the crap both of you are posting that is not relevant to the thread...

HOW ABOUT YOU PM EACH OTHER ???? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

If it has jack to do with the thread, surely one or two comments is enough then go the PM FFS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

....i don't think ross thought ball was smarter than him .....he is smarter than him......
If Ball is so damn smart, why is he the only player in the competition to gift the opposition TWO goals by not coming onto the ground through the interchange gate.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

This was the line that caught my eye...

"He doesn't want to make an issue of it, and that's the way it should be.

"In football it's a short part of your life overall, it's massive while you're doing it and he just wants people at St Kilda to know that he gave his all and now he's moving on."

It's not OK for Nick to say it how it is open and in public, but it's OK for Luke to ask Mick to pass on a message to St Kilda for him?

Just quietly, this guy always manages to express how his feeling without saying anything at all. If it's not Paul Connors, his family, an SMS, Mike Sheahan, Mick Malthouse....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
how embarrassing,

FAIR DINKUM
The embarrassing thing is the crap both of you are posting that is not relevant to the thread...

If it has jack to do with the thread, surely one or two comments is enough then go the PM FFS
I agree!

except minus the pm.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
....i don't think ross thought ball was smarter than him .....he is smarter than him......
If Ball is so damn smart, why is he the only player in the competition to gift the opposition TWO goals by not coming onto the ground through the interchange gate.
tell me he didn't do it twice.....?..i was there for the carlton game......anyway ..being intelligent..doesn't mean you have any common sense...not now not ever......
Last edited by stinger on Sat 06 Feb 2010 8:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
how embarrassing,

FAIR DINKUM

yaaaz em bauss.....

no pm from me either.....i'm particular about that..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by stinger on Sat 06 Feb 2010 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:This was the line that caught my eye...

"In football it's a short part of your life overall, it's massive while you're doing it and he just wants people at St Kilda to know that he gave his all and now he's moving on."

It's not OK for Nick to say it how it is open and in public, but it's OK for Luke to ask Mick to pass on a message to St Kilda for him?

Just quietly, this guy always manages to express how his feeling without saying anything at all. If it's not Paul Connors, his family, an SMS, Mike Sheahan, Mick Malthouse....
that's okay by me...there are hundreds if not thousands of saints supporters who wish luke well...and who will be glad to see that being written...to know that they are luke's thoughts...and 'm related to 20 or more of them...... :wink: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

that's okay by me...there are hundreds if not thousands of saints supporters who wish luke well...and who will be glad to see that being written...to know that they are luke's thoughts...and 'm related to 20 or more of them...... :wink: :lol:
So why doesn't he say it himself, instead of asking Mick to say it?

He never seemed to be at a loss for words until recent times, funny that (very tempted to roll eyes)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:

He never seemed to be at a loss for words until recent times, funny that (very tempted to roll eyes)
presumable he might be actually acting on advice...staying away from the press on this issue...like our nick should have done.....yeah...i had the same temptation.... 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:

presumable he might be actually acting on advice...staying away from the press on this issue...like our nick should have done.....yeah...i had the same temptation.... 8-)
He isn't staying away though, he manages to get his messages out there easily enough.

Oh, and not at you of course :)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

He could have always used his Telstra connection to inform the fans.
Or blogged/twittered/facebooked.

You remember that sponsorship?
The one the Club backed him on even when one of their major sponsors (Vodafone) gave it as a reason why they were not renewing their sponsorship of the Club.

How much did the Club lose in that deal?

Loyalty cuts both ways.
Luke bled for the Club.
The Club looked after Luke.

And for the life of me I cannot fathom why Luke, his management, his family, his camp, his loyal supporters, his new CLub, their adoring parasites and anyone else
is so intent in trying to convey that he didn't leave St Kilda for a better deal?

What's so wrong in him following the money?

There are some huge urban myths being created around Luke Ball and Ross Lyon.
'Luke Ball went to Collingwood for less money.'
'Ross Lyon deliberately played Luke Ball short minutes becasue he didn't like him.'
'St Kilda's fitness people deliberately lied about Luke Ball's physical condition.'
'St Kilda is trying to hoodwink its supporters about Luke Ball'.
'Ross Lyon dropped Luke Ball because he didn't like him.'
'Everything out of the mouths of Mick Malthouse and Eddie MaGuire is the truth.'
'Mike Sheahan knows everything and has no agenda.'
'Ross Lyon was the gunman on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963'.

Have I missed any?

markp
Saintsational Legend

If it's Eddy's word against Roo's, I'll believe Eddy every time (why would Eddy BS??)... and if it's about something that happened at St Kilda over a 6 month period, then obviously Eddy would have a better grasp of what occurred than Nick, particularly when Luke explained it to all him (perhaps through either his manager, his Mum, or via sms).

Roo should just shut up, and let people vilify our coach and our club in order to make themselves look good, and to create a bit of publicity for themselves.

Go pies.
Last edited by markp on Sat 06 Feb 2010 9:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
maverick wrote:
So who are you referring to when you say, most of the non Saints supporting fraternity? They get quoted a lot, I just wanted to know who they are.

People can have their own opinions, but then they go and add these made up people to make them feel better.

you say this...and you expect a response..?.. :roll:
So who are all these people, I know YOUR opinion, we all do, unfortunately, but who are these footy people that you refer?
Give me a response that doesn't involve your little roll eyes....

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:He could have always used his Telstra connection to inform the fans.
Or blogged/twittered/facebooked.

You remember that sponsorship?
The one the Club backed him on even when one of their major sponsors (Vodafone) gave it as a reason why they were not renewing their sponsorship of the Club.

How much did the Club lose in that deal?

Loyalty cuts both ways.
Luke bled for the Club.
The Club looked after Luke.

And for the life of me I cannot fathom why Luke, his management, his family, his camp, his loyal supporters, his new CLub, their adoring parasites and anyone else
is so intent in trying to convey that he didn't leave St Kilda for a better deal?

What's so wrong in him following the money?

There are some huge urban myths being created around Luke Ball and Ross Lyon.
'Luke Ball went to Collingwood for less money.'
'Ross Lyon deliberately played Luke Ball short minutes becasue he didn't like him.'
'St Kilda's fitness people deliberately lied about Luke Ball's physical condition.'
'St Kilda is trying to hoodwink its supporters about Luke Ball'.
'Ross Lyon dropped Luke Ball because he didn't like him.'
'Everything out of the mouths of Mick Malthouse and Eddie MaGuire is the truth.'
'Mike Sheahan knows everything and has no agenda.'
'Ross Lyon was the gunman on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963'.

Have I missed any?
Yup, there seems to be a concerted campaign to paint Luke and the filth as pillars of propriety here (surely his manager is not involved??), and the Saints and Lyon as the lowly villains (which many are swallowing)... perhaps they have decided enough is enough?

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
Quote:

tell me he didn't do it twice.....?..i was there for the carlton game......anyway ..being intelligent..doesn't mean you have any common sense...not now not ever......
Against North on the Gold Coast in 2008 also. You need to have commonsense to play football and the essentials of modern football seems to have eluded him also. Watch what Luke does when the ball is not near him. RL tried to make him a defensive forward (against Ess) and he couldn't get near it. He hasn't lost his ability to win the ball in close, but that's about it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

You're friends with relatives of Luke, or you're Luke's relative? Well that certainly explains alot uncle sting sting :wink:

JMsainter
Club Player

So did the club not meet Luke's expectations of what he was worth as a player; hence he "wasn't" valued enough?

Did the club approach Nth mid season directly and ask for a trade? In other words attempt to poach another player?

Was his new contract offered after Nth said no?

When did he begin negotiating with the Woods??

Questions to ponder. It's too easy to accuse the club of not valuing him, but what the club thought his value was and what Luke thought his value was were not exactly congruent.

History will be the judge if the club made the right call.

And in anyone's book, a coach who instilled a new level of discipline and game plan and came within 2 kicks of a flag, and who has presided over an improvement of a number of players DOES NOT have poor player management skills.

100% behind club and coach.

Bring it on!

Fired Up Again For 2010. Go Saints!!!

Kepp dreaming those impossible dreams. Spend every minute of everyday striving to reach your dreams.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:If it's Eddy's word against Roo's, I'll believe Eddy every time (why would Eddy BS??)... and if it's about something that happened at St Kilda over a 6 month period, then obviously Eddy would have a better grasp of what occurred than Nick, particularly when Luke explained it to all him (perhaps through either his manager, his Mum, or via sms).

Roo should just shut up, and let people vilify our coach and our club in order to make themselves look good, and to create a bit of publicity for themselves.

Go pies.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

Yup, there seems to be a concerted campaign to paint Luke and the filth as pillars of propriety here (surely his manager is not involved??), and the Saints and Lyon as the lowly villains (which many are swallowing)... perhaps they have decided enough is enough?
Yup, but don't expect anyone who took everything Thomas said as gospel to have a grasp on things!

I don't think Paul ( I can't lie straight in bed ) CONnors would ever be deceitful or dishonest in any way, as for Eddie " We have not changed our jumpers in over 90 years" Maguire, he wouldn't tell a porky surely and then there's the loyal old Sainter Mick "don't throw stones" Malthouse, obviously Ross Lyon and Nick Riewoldt are the finks, liars and spin doctors with the Goebel's garb and they rightly deserved the bad press and the sms break up!