Good run with injury in '09 no accident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Argh, couldnt give as flying quick one at the argument, besides for fun, whats the point? The undisputable fact is RL's appointment was a massive move foward in the riggt direction, at the right time. Thats all that matters.

Now that Im a RL convert of course! :lol:

Milton66
SS Life Member

I'm going to keep this as succinct as possible...

MB:

How this thread got back to a GT v RL thread is beyond me. Perhaps you should look thru the first few page and form your own conclusions.

I respect your views, but by being drawn into defending GT only prolongs a division which should have been put to rest a few years ago.

GT's gone, amd his legacy stands. Thx GT.. now let's move on.

BTW, the reason RF gets shot down all the time is, well... just read SydSaints post which sums it up perfectly. Bringing GT into the thread deliberately stirs up emotion and reignites old wars.

I'd assume that you're intelligent enough to see that.

Finally, as you will probably be aware of in your professional life... you can hire as many experts as you like, but if as a manager, you do not have the skills to get the best out of them... then it's a complete waste of time.

I personally do not believe that the revolving door that existed at that time is mere coincedence.

And if you are constantly changing staff who have differing views on fitness, then there is no stability.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
markp
Saintsational Legend

That's GT on the left and Luke Ball on the right....

asiu

RF is a visionary.

:lol: :lol:

... and i've still got two and a half pages to catch up on !

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
RF is a visionary.

Not much to see really Gazrat.

I'll summarize to save you the trouble...

I asked a question.
Usual suspects personalize it. And as usual, in doing so make silly statements.
When challenged on these, and asked for clarification on these statements they personalize it again.

Standard Saintsational thread.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
gazrat wrote:
RF is a visionary.

I asked a question.
When challenged on these, and asked for clarification on these statements they personalize it again.

Garbage.

Usual RF modis opperandi gazrat.

Builds straw man

Makes assumptions

bases whole argument on above and then dodges any question regarding anything when challenged.

Typical, but good entertainment to see where the wind will take poor little victimized RF (the same RF BTW that was more than comfortable abusing and insulting someone undergoing chemotherapy).

Nothing to see here gaz.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
gazrat wrote:
RF is a visionary.

I asked a question.

Garbage.

Usual RF modis opperandi gazrat.

Builds straw man

Makes assumptions

bases whole argument on above and then dodges any question regarding anything when challenged.

Typical, but good entertainment to see where the wind will take poor little victimized RF (the same RF BTW that was more than comfortable abusing and insulting someone undergoing chemotherapy).

Nothing to see here gaz.
??

I simply joined the thread to point out a fact in relation to a little myth that has evolved over the years.

Then when challenged on it, I've asked some questions to get some clarification on some things that I'm confused by.

And I have only received personal insults in reply - and no answers.

Only statements such as....

"I know, really it was so pathetic, and so poorly contrived, that it wasn't worth answering.
Really, if it wasn't so sad, it would be quite amusing"

"Hyperbole and fatuous nonsense.
Please post the link where this was stated by anyone here. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Fair Dinkum - stop your hysterical BS Violent Stood/Rodger Fox, it makes your baiting and trolling look even sillier than usual."

"I read the discussion, and your question is still incredibly ridiculous and ludricrious.
I will continue to belittle it because you have shown you have less than zero credibility.
The only embarrassment is your stupid, stupid, incredibly idiotic question. "

"You deflect, and smokescreen, and bait and troll, but that is the simple undeniable fact.
Anyone who does not acknowledge this fact is a simpleton, or a troll. "

"Troll"

"Really RF is nothing but a cheap amusement"

"Really I very rarely reply to your garbage"

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Actually no, you joined this thread to comment on Luke Ball.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Don't listen to them gaz... those two and a half pages contain pure unadulterated gold I tells ya... champagne Saintsational.

And someone will be called a liar any minute now... I can feel it in me waters.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Actually no, you joined this thread to comment on Luke Ball.
I now retract my comment, I just checked back to page 1...

No surprises here, your first comment on this thread involved GT

markp
Saintsational Legend

Then when challenged on it, I've asked some questions to get some clarification on some things that I'm confused by.
Now that is freakin funny! :lol:

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SainterK wrote:Actually no, you joined this thread to comment on Luke Ball.
I now retract my comment, I just checked back to page 1...

No surprises here, your first comment on this thread involved GT
Technically, that makes you a liar.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Funny?

asiu

For the 1% of RF's posts that may actually have some merit, one must sift through 99% of contradictions and cheap shots that must serve no other purpose but to bait others and start spot fires, because if he actually believes half of what he posts, he doesn't know football from a bar of soap.

dont agree

I guess RF like's to think himself as the 'Aker' of this forum, the token sh*t stirrer that we all love to hate.

he must 'feel' like it

But where RF fails is that he has become so predictable in what he is about to post, any thread in relation to anything about the current coaching panel or the football department, the author might as well include the foot-note 'insert rodgerfox sledge on Ross Lyon here'.

what most judge as
insert rodgerfox sledge on Ross Lyon

doesnt read like that to me

i see a continuing comparing of whats said about thomas against whats said about lyon ... and showing some of the hypocracy there-in

That's virtually all that RF has been contributing to the forum for the past three years, which is why I find to hard to regard anything he posts as 'interesting'.

and absolutely disagree with that

but its all good , as long as the 'lynchmob' doesnt rear its empty head again :)

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
Funny?
Yes?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gazrat, are you saying that RF is here to try and keep us honest?

Interesting perspective, I must remember to thank him one day.
Last edited by SainterK on Wed 27 Jan 2010 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I must remember to thank him one day.
I'm sure he thanks himself regularly... and vigorously.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
That's actually quite funny.

I enjoy wit.

asiu

GT played a role in the Saints rising and credit to him for that. But he reached his use by date and was in the end holding the Saints back.

agreed

he reached it on the ruck stats day , but not for what barks bangs on about

imo.... gt wilted under the 'outside' pressure , his faith in himself and the attack is the best form of defence mindset was rattled

which transferred to the players and it showed itself , (scared to take the momentum) in the first play of that match

if barks had a memory ...he would remember me saying right then , 60 seconds in ....gt's gone

We are the better for appointing Lyon. Of that I have no doubt.

agreed

in ross we trust

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting that some posters on here keep banging on about how terrible it is that GT's legacy keeps coming up again and again.

Personally, I think it's fine. It's an issue on which there are strongly differing views, which makes for good debate on an online forum.

Anyway, even those who keep on saying how we should all move on can't help themselves (perhaps unconsciously) from bringing it up again and again.

A case in point

Milton66 wrote:I'm going to keep this as succinct as possible...

MB:

How this thread got back to a GT v RL thread is beyond me. Perhaps you should look thru the first few page and form your own conclusions.

I respect your views, but by being drawn into defending GT only prolongs a division which should have been put to rest a few years ago.

BTW, the reason RF gets shot down all the time is, well... just read SydSaints post which sums it up perfectly. Bringing GT into the thread deliberately stirs up emotion and reignites old wars.

Finally, as you will probably be aware of in your professional life... you can hire as many experts as you like, but if as a manager, you do not have the skills to get the best out of them... then it's a complete waste of time.

I personally do not believe that the revolving door that existed at that time is mere coincedence.

And if you are constantly changing staff who have differing views on fitness, then there is no stability.
Notice how the main point of the first half of this post is that it is terrible for people to keep bringing up the issue, GT has gone, move on, too much emotion is getting stirred up, surely MB is intelligent enough to see this (backhanded compliment if ever I've heard one), etc, etc.

Then the second half of the post goes on to attack GT..........

M'lud, I rest my case. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
That's actually quite funny.

I enjoy wit.
Enjoyment is pleasing, and occasionally leads to a human custom known as 'smiling' (flexing of the Zygomaticus major muscle)... apparently.

Milton66
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:I find it interesting that some posters on here keep banging on about how terrible it is that GT's legacy keeps coming up again and again.

Personally, I think it's fine. It's an issue on which there are strongly differing views, which makes for good debate on an online forum.

Anyway, even those who keep on saying how we should all move on can't help themselves (perhaps unconsciously) from bringing it up again and again.

A case in point

Milton66 wrote:I'm going to keep this as succinct as possible...

MB:

Notice how the main point of the first half of this post is that it is terrible for people to keep bringing up the issue, GT has gone, move on, too much emotion is getting stirred up, surely MB is intelligent enough to see this (backhanded compliment if ever I've heard one), etc, etc.

Then the second half of the post goes on to attack GT..........

M'lud, I rest my case. :wink:
Sorry, where am I attacking GT?

I've given an opinion.

You take things way too seriously, man.

Keep it in context and it makes sense, iinstead of seeing opinions as automatic assults on GT.

Rather than let it rest, you add more fuel... which proves my point about you.

A measured reply to your comments and you take them the wrong way.

For the record, RF introduced GT into the thread and it cut loose from there. Then as sure as the sun rises in the east... sir Babbalot the Knoght in shining armour felt compelled to ride in and defend GT's legacy...

Is that succinct enough for you?

Then again you did want Lyon sacked in 2008 and Rendell returned, didn't you. So it is pointless trying to discuss things with laterally challenged people who know nothing about sports medicine, yet choose to pass judgement on last year's results.

This is how it works with you...

The only difference between the clueless opinions and your opinions is that yours are usually over 3000 words.

I tried to be sociable in my reply, but you choose the confrontational approach. Back handed compliment? Pffft, you really do have an over valued opinion of yourself.

Be honest with yourself...

You spend half your time here frowning at the GT haters, yet you always contribute to keep it going. You are just as much to blame as anyone else on this issue.

FWIW, I don't care what happened under GT anymore. It's history and nothing will change it.

GET OVER IT!
Last edited by Milton66 on Wed 27 Jan 2010 5:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
For the record, RF introduced GT into the thread
You're a liar.

An outright liar.

asiu

ahhhhhhhhh , that was fun
pure unadulterated gold

bloody hell millie ... why do u leave yourself so open ?

st k ... i dunno about honest .... but some of the stuff thats been said about gt over the years is .... :lol: a tad over the effen top

its like the exact same wording , means different things , depending whether its about lyon or the other dude ...

i love the irony of mr foxes work ... the beauty is , the anti gt'ers miss it completely

:lol:

i'm a fox fanboi

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

page 7 and a .LIAR has appeared.

Oh yeah...........

what a true to form thread :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)