aflpa goes into bat for lovett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintlee
Club Player

123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
123 wrote:Why would anyone even care to speculate or form an opinion on lovett untill the investigation is complete and a verdict is carried out is beyond me. Let him play until he is convicted, harden the fu*ck up and if he is proven guilty sack him on the spot.

If he is proven guilty and has been misleading the club throughout 2010 sue him for damages.
Yep just let him play even if charged and players from our club know what happened. Makes complete sense. Dont worry what the AFL say either. That doesnt matter.

Then we sue him. Not sure why we would sue him if we let him play but hey, why not.
Its a black and white world out there and your adding too much colour.

Leave the court and prosecutor to do their job not the world of hearsay
Its not as simple as that.

The players don't want Lovett around, and for good reason.

Lovett is nothing but trouble...getting into this much trouble before playing a single game for us shows his lack of respect and character....forget him, he's gone....

Hang on, when we drafted him and spent $1000,000 of the clubs money we said we were confident we could turn his attitude around. As a member I’m not happy that $1000,000 has/will be spent on him and we just cut him free. He needs time to turn himself around; this is not an overnight process. Unless he is proven guilty in court play him, and as for the playing group/ they are professional athletes should I hand them a tissue? I want a friggn FLAG stop being so soft people
I'm not happy we have to pay him either.....we shouldn't have drafted him at all....but thats only become obvious with hindsight

He was given an opportunity to turn himself around, he then gets picked up for being drunk in public.....he is then given a second chance....what does he do only a few weeks later? So what, you think he deserves a third chance to get it right? I don't.....2 strikes before he has even pulled on a Saints jumper is too many in my book

This is not about being soft either, thats a ignorant stupid thing to say. This is a very serious crime he has allegedly committed. You shouldn't be so flippant with the issue of rape
1) Opportunity to turn himself around was not long enough

2) I shouldn’t have an opinion on this issue of rape because I don’t have access to the evidence! I would tell my playing group the same! and not let them form an unsubstantiated opinions like yourself!

The runaway train here is management bowing to a sensitive issue and alowing players and supporters to take a moral stance - its weak and has nothing to do with football. If he is guilty sack him, if he is not play him.

You can punish him for putting himself in that position but untill he is proven guilty of breaking the law after a short period of suspension play the guy.
Lovett has a long history of misbehaviour and he shows no signs of reversing that formline....I would love to see our leadership group turn him around, but not sure he can be given any more chances after this incident....

Jason Gram would know quite a lot about this incident I suspect, it occurred in his house...you don't think Gram would be talking to the other boys about it? Even if he is not, the cat's out of the bag now....opinions will always be formed depending your viewpoint on these issues

Lovett well and truely deserves to be punished for putting himself in this position, and he has been. I think the club has acting appropriately in suspending him.

The AFL and the clubs are not just about sport these days, they have moral obligations to the community. Denying that is crazy. I don't see how St Kilda could do anything but act on this matter.

Do you think the CRIMINAL COURT and our legal system has a moral obligation to the community also? INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY. What is the AFL a higher moral code than our legal system?

Have the police Incarcerated him? He is free to walk down the street so let him play!

Gram and others are HEARSAY.. I suggest you look it up.
Was in Gram's house, pretty sure he might know what happened...

Can't really compare the AFL and the Court system...totally different bodies.........While its not AFL's job to convict him, from a moral point of view, they and the club must be seen to act on any allegations of rape. I would have thought that was obvious....

You clearly have a viewpoint that is opposite to mine. Not going to debate this with you any longer.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
WHY hasn't a charge been laid yet?

Is it a lack of evidence issue?

Whatever happens (and I want him to play on for us), I'd like it to resolved by mid-Feb at the latest.

takes time....could be months yet....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

There is certainly some exceptional quoting of quotes going on in this thread.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
saintlee wrote:
123 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
123 wrote:Why would anyone even care to speculate or form an opinion on lovett untill the investigation is complete and a verdict is carried out is beyond me. Let him play until he is convicted, harden the fu*ck up and if he is proven guilty sack him on the spot.

If he is proven guilty and has been misleading the club throughout 2010 sue him for damages.
Yep just let him play even if charged and players from our club know what happened. Makes complete sense. Dont worry what the AFL say either. That doesnt matter.

Then we sue him. Not sure why we would sue him if we let him play but hey, why not.
Its a black and white world out there and your adding too much colour.

Leave the court and prosecutor to do their job not the world of hearsay
Its not as simple as that.

The players don't want Lovett around, and for good reason.

Lovett is nothing but trouble...getting into this much trouble before playing a single game for us shows his lack of respect and character....forget him, he's gone....

Hang on, when we drafted him and spent $1000,000 of the clubs money we said we were confident we could turn his attitude around. As a member I’m not happy that $1000,000 has/will be spent on him and we just cut him free. He needs time to turn himself around; this is not an overnight process. Unless he is proven guilty in court play him, and as for the playing group/ they are professional athletes should I hand them a tissue? I want a friggn FLAG stop being so soft people
I'm not happy we have to pay him either.....we shouldn't have drafted him at all....but thats only become obvious with hindsight

He was given an opportunity to turn himself around, he then gets picked up for being drunk in public.....he is then given a second chance....what does he do only a few weeks later? So what, you think he deserves a third chance to get it right? I don't.....2 strikes before he has even pulled on a Saints jumper is too many in my book

This is not about being soft either, thats a ignorant stupid thing to say. This is a very serious crime he has allegedly committed. You shouldn't be so flippant with the issue of rape
1) Opportunity to turn himself around was not long enough

2) I shouldn’t have an opinion on this issue of rape because I don’t have access to the evidence! I would tell my playing group the same! and not let them form an unsubstantiated opinions like yourself!

The runaway train here is management bowing to a sensitive issue and alowing players and supporters to take a moral stance - its weak and has nothing to do with football. If he is guilty sack him, if he is not play him.

You can punish him for putting himself in that position but untill he is proven guilty of breaking the law after a short period of suspension play the guy.
Lovett has a long history of misbehaviour and he shows no signs of reversing that formline....I would love to see our leadership group turn him around, but not sure he can be given any more chances after this incident....

Jason Gram would know quite a lot about this incident I suspect, it occurred in his house...you don't think Gram would be talking to the other boys about it? Even if he is not, the cat's out of the bag now....opinions will always be formed depending your viewpoint on these issues

Lovett well and truely deserves to be punished for putting himself in this position, and he has been. I think the club has acting appropriately in suspending him.

The AFL and the clubs are not just about sport these days, they have moral obligations to the community. Denying that is crazy. I don't see how St Kilda could do anything but act on this matter.

Do you think the CRIMINAL COURT and our legal system has a moral obligation to the community also? INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY. What is the AFL a higher moral code than our legal system?

Have the police Incarcerated him? He is free to walk down the street so let him play!

Gram and others are HEARSAY.. I suggest you look it up.
Was in Gram's house, pretty sure he might know what happened...

Can't really compare the AFL and the Court system...totally different bodies.........While its not AFL's job to convict him, from a moral point of view, they and the club must be seen to act on any allegations of rape. I would have thought that was obvious....

You clearly have a viewpoint that is opposite to mine. Not going to debate this with you any longer.
havent played the how small can we get the quote game for a while.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I call for a ban on any users who quote more than 10 lines .... do you have any idea what this rubbish is like on a mobile phone? :lol:
I think the AFLPA will act on us before the courts act on Lovett - if they do.
Also - way back in time wasn't there a player who was released from jail on day-release to play in a final?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

john nicholls maybe.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Player I speak to says he was a nice enough chap, friendly and chatty but unfortunately might be one of those "when the drink goes in the brain goes out" types.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:If Lovett is found guilty and goes to jail - you can be guaranteed he will be turned around.
Gold! :lol:
Was thinking more like Brown than Gold......

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:I call for a ban on any users who quote more than 10 lines .... do you have any idea what this rubbish is like on a mobile phone? :lol:
I think the AFLPA will act on us before the courts act on Lovett - if they do.
Also - way back in time wasn't there a player who was released from jail on day-release to play in a final?
I second that. We can get the gist without verbatim quoting (except for the ones that complain about being misquoted).

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
linz
Club Player

The first thing our Admin blokes would have done (or at least I hope they would have done) after hearing about the alledged incident would have been to consult the AFL. Their current behaviour and or statements would be a mirror of AFL policy.

Sensible if so in M.O.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.