Will the club ever admit it erred in drafting LOVETT..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Plugger and Joffa sitting in a tree.........

They could at least have the balls.......to admit error...

then perhaps some tools on here would actually believe there was an error....

Successes and failures should be acknowledged...
What are you actually talking about? When did I say Lovett was a good pick. Now that is completely different to the club saying they were wrong. Again i ask what does that achieve apart from people like you having the joy to say they were right.

As for me saying it was a bad pick isnt going to make other tools, as you call them, believe there was an error. I just suspect me or Joffa dont quite have that power.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 19 Jan 2010 5:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

realdeal
Club Player

Its amazing how smart people can be with hindsight.. along with self-righteousness it makes stinky brew.

:roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What are you actually talking about? When did I say Lovett was a good pick. Now that is completely different to the club saying they were wrong. Again i ask what does that achieve apart from people like you having the joy to say they were right.

I me saying it was a bad pick isnt going to make other tools, as you call them, believe there was an error. I just suspect me or Joffa dont quite have that power.
No apparently I am wrong because i took umbrage at the usual St.Mart writing off of a player before he had even pulled on the jumper.

Unlike this self appointed oracle of all things St.Kilda recruitment (apparently according to this sage John Beveridge is an egomanic, and he writes of 18 y.o.s ten minutes after they are drafted, also complains that we have "another Queenslandes" when Armo was drafted), I give a bloke a chance until they stuff up.

Personally I think it was a good pick. Too bad Lovett could not pull himself together.

I had no trouble with the pick, it is the circumstances that have proven untenable.

Anyway on past form if we had of gone with a young bloke @#16 St.Mart would have bitched and complained and would have written him off within 5 minutes of him being selected.

Now I dont want him there. So in the eyes of the great St.Mart I am wrong because I now dont want a bloke accused of rape at the club :roll:

The sense of entitlement with some supposed supporters is incredible.

And so is the rampant ego :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I me saying it was a bad pick isnt going to make other tools, as you call them, believe there was an error. I just suspect me or Joffa dont quite have that power.
No apparently I am wrong because i took umbrage at the usual St.Mart writing off of a player before he had even pulled on the jumper.

Unlike this self appointed oracle of all things St.Kilda recruitment (apparently according to this sage John Beveridge is an egomanic, and he writes of 18 y.o.s ten minutes after they are drafted, also complains that we have "another Queenslandes" when Armo was drafted), I give a bloke a chance until they stuff up.

Personally I think it was a good pick. Too bad Lovett could not pull himself together.

I had no trouble with the pick, it is the circumstances that have proven untenable.

Anyway on past form if we had of gone with a young bloke @#16 St.Mart would have bitched and complained and would have written him off within 5 minutes of him being selected.

Now I dont want him there. So in the eyes of the great St.Mart I am wrong because I now dont want a bloke accused of rape at the club :roll:

The sense of entitlement with some supposed supporters is incredible.

And so is the rampant ego :roll:

:D 8-) :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:While we are there lets get the club to apologise for the stolen generation, Hiroshima, The Bold and the Beautiful and anything else this thread can come up with....but for doing its best to get the required talent/skills the side can use to get a flag? Nup- dont need an apology for that.
Big fcuking Brother! Add that to your list. :D

And...

recruiting Watson

recruiting Blight

recruiting GT, Ackland, McGough, Rix, Clarke M,
Gardiner C, Marcou Kourkoumelis, Windbanks, Thorborrow... Jodie Arnol instead of Matera.

Have I forgotton anyone?

Or maybe if we win the flag this year, Lyon should simply get on the dais and do a Mark Williams... "BigMart - you were right!"

:lol: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Milton66
SS Life Member

Forgive the dbl post but has ut ever occured to people who say we gambled and lost with Lovett, that at least the club IMO has hedged it's bets by recruiting Peake, Walsh and Smith?

Or does everyone define a "strategy" as a single event... not an overall approach?

Just curious.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:While we are there lets get the club to apologise for the stolen generation, Hiroshima, The Bold and the Beautiful and anything else this thread can come up with....but for doing its best to get the required talent/skills the side can use to get a flag? Nup- dont need an apology for that.
Big fcuking Brother! Add that to your list. :D

And...

recruiting Watson

recruiting Blight

recruiting GT, Ackland, McGough, Rix, Clarke M,
Gardiner C, Marcou Kourkoumelis, Windbanks, Thorborrow... Jodie Arnol instead of Matera.

Have I forgotton anyone?

Or maybe if we win the flag this year, Lyon should simply get on the dais and do a Mark Williams... "BigMart - you were right!"

:lol: :lol:
lol...

You forgot Josh Houlihan

:wink:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I just don't get why everyone is getting their hair in a tizz when we do not know if he will be charged - or found guilty. Why is everyone pre-empting a guilty verdict - will this not make him less likely to get a fair trial anyway?
And what is the difference to the old Monty and Milne thing? From memory the accusations were almost the same!
If he goes - he goes!
Should Hawthorn have sacked Matthews after his assault charge - or Nth sacked Carey after the sexual assault charge - or Geelong and the cover ups or Carlton and the drug saga or Lockett when he nailed Payze etc. etc..?? Let's face it, some footballers may be smart or ethical - but it is not my expectation! I want them to play football!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.