Did we get it horribly wrong?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rix4eva
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
I blame Grant Thomas for this site becoming so full of hate and acrimony!

The site became divided between the easily conned who fell for the snakeoil routine and the perspicacious individuals such as myself who knew that this buffoon was costing the club premierships or at the least a much better chance of delivering them.

One of the worse things that ever happened to this club was when Butterss and Thomas hijacked the club and seized control.

After Tim Watson gifted us a the biggest draft bonanza in history, the club was going to rise up the ladder regardless of who was running the joint.

What was needed was a professional football department delivered from day one and more than an ex- Warnnabool rookie coach as MC for an amateur hour that dragged on for six years!

I'm rapt that the club finally has a FAIR DINKUM, Real McCoy coach who sets trends and a professional football department as opposed to a one man show with corporate mumbo jumbo, who on the one hand demands six figure sums be spent on overseas holidays disguised as training camps and at the same time can't deliver a playing list fit enough for the challenges of AFL football!

In fairness to Grant " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated " Thomas, most buffoons and numbnuts on here would have faired no better had they hijacked the club, paid themselves $500,000 a year, destroyed the relationship with the VFL affiliate, developed no rookies and drafted appallingly on some picks whereby the coach made the call, without even mentioning the clayton's game plan bereft of tactics and an ego that no locker room could contain ensuring we got monumentally screwed by the AFL.

Ross Lyon inherited an unfit and slow list and has been cleaning up the mess ever since!

Ok so Lovett hasn't worked out, but you can't blame Lyon and the football department for trying to address an achilles heel and turn this situation around ASAP, while Riewoldt and Hayes are still in their prime.

We lack a bit of pace, Lovett would have gone some way towards addressing this and I thought the gamble was definitely worth it.

When given a second chance not too many players piss it up against the wall as it appears Lovett has done.

We have IMHO the best coach in the AFL and never before in this clubs history have we had such a professional football department as what we have now and once again Lyon has helped shape this.

As for this site going downhill or whatever, too my mind it's much the same as always, a gaggle of geeks, gumps, gimps and goofballs with the odd goatrider thrown in for good measure, who need to get a FAIR DINKUM clue, thankfully whether it's appreciated or not, I pop in from time to time to at least try and educate you flogs!

8-)
+1

Great read, at least someone around here has a FAIR DINKUM clue

8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

asiu

:)

yea, tough one

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Rix4eva wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
I blame Grant Thomas for this site becoming so full of hate and acrimony!

The site became divided between the easily conned who fell for the snakeoil routine and the perspicacious individuals such as myself who knew that this buffoon was costing the club premierships or at the least a much better chance of delivering them.

One of the worse things that ever happened to this club was when Butterss and Thomas hijacked the club and seized control.

After Tim Watson gifted us a the biggest draft bonanza in history, the club was going to rise up the ladder regardless of who was running the joint.

What was needed was a professional football department delivered from day one and more than an ex- Warnnabool rookie coach as MC for an amateur hour that dragged on for six years!

I'm rapt that the club finally has a FAIR DINKUM, Real McCoy coach who sets trends and a professional football department as opposed to a one man show with corporate mumbo jumbo, who on the one hand demands six figure sums be spent on overseas holidays disguised as training camps and at the same time can't deliver a playing list fit enough for the challenges of AFL football!

In fairness to Grant " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated " Thomas, most buffoons and numbnuts on here would have faired no better had they hijacked the club, paid themselves $500,000 a year, destroyed the relationship with the VFL affiliate, developed no rookies and drafted appallingly on some picks whereby the coach made the call, without even mentioning the clayton's game plan bereft of tactics and an ego that no locker room could contain ensuring we got monumentally screwed by the AFL.

Ross Lyon inherited an unfit and slow list and has been cleaning up the mess ever since!

Ok so Lovett hasn't worked out, but you can't blame Lyon and the football department for trying to address an achilles heel and turn this situation around ASAP, while Riewoldt and Hayes are still in their prime.

We lack a bit of pace, Lovett would have gone some way towards addressing this and I thought the gamble was definitely worth it.

When given a second chance not too many players piss it up against the wall as it appears Lovett has done.

We have IMHO the best coach in the AFL and never before in this clubs history have we had such a professional football department as what we have now and once again Lyon has helped shape this.

As for this site going downhill or whatever, too my mind it's much the same as always, a gaggle of geeks, gumps, gimps and goofballs with the odd goatrider thrown in for good measure, who need to get a FAIR DINKUM clue, thankfully whether it's appreciated or not, I pop in from time to time to at least try and educate you flogs!

8-)
+1

Great read, at least someone around here has a FAIR DINKUM clue

8-)
Thanks r4e, much appreciated, good to know someone else around here ( aside from sRr and Teflon of course ), has a FAIR DINKUM clue!

:wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.