Ross cant do much more than this???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:
I dont want Andrew Lovett at the St.Kilda Football club because I am uncomfortable with his poor history of off field behavior and because of the current issues surrounding him
Consider yourself quoted. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
asiu

ttt .... thats a bummer

For blokes an "ex' is never really an "ex". For women an "ex" may as well belong to a previous century.
yea , that stopped me in my tracks as well santazzi

but , intuitively , i think it's correct in the main (for the modern woman)

and picks blokes perfectly (in the main)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have tried to keep an open mind on this issue, but it is becoming more difficult as time goes by. My reasons are as follows;

1. The decision by the club (on Christmas eve) to suspend AL indefinately, with our CEO stating that AL would not be involved with the club in any way, shape or form. This statement was made 14-16 hours after the alleged incident. I believe that for the club to take such action so quickly they are in posession of a lot more facts than is being speculated here and other forums.

2. The "Controlled Leaks" from Vic Police that Charges will be laid within the next few weeks.

3. The stage managed "Leak" that was in the Herald Sun today and inspired this thread must have come from (a) Definately The Club, and (b) Possibly Vic Police. This to me is the club acting in a way to protect our brand and our sponsorship deals in the face of all this adverse publicity.

Like I said, I'm trying to keep an open mind and I believe in Innocent until proven Guilty but the more that comes out through mainstream sources suggests to me that AL is in more chyt than a Werribee duck !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I wrote Lovett off a month ago.

never played for the Saints

never pulled on the jumper in anger.

just pretend that we got a kid for pick #16 and he is in the ressies until 2013.

Forget Lovett - the club has made its decision.

S.hits me but if the guy is guilty, hope he goes to the big house.

And TTT, why spit the dummy and leave?

need a thicker skin if you cant handle someone with a different opinion on here.

Jeez, if everyone left after a bit of a spat, there would be tumblweeds roling through the joint after the GT sacking in 2006.

This place has improved immeasureably, except for one recidivist poster, whom is most ignored by the sensible majority, from that time.

harden up and keep posting.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Maxstar22
Club Player

Wow....

Not sure I have the words to describe what I am feeling right now.

As mentioned on here numerous times, some posters need to be careful and think before they post, some posts I have re read that many times and I still don't understand them and some posts I am offended by.....

I only joined the forum mid way through the season, so I have never seen an off season in here. But fair dinkum, is this what it is really like??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:Wow....

As mentioned on here numerous times, some posters need to be careful and think before they post, some posts I have re read that many times and I still don't understand them and some posts I am offended by.....

I only joined the forum mid way through the season, so I have never seen an off season in here. But fair dinkum, is this what it is really like??
No this is good. If Lovett is offically sacked then it will get very interesting.

Maxstar22
Club Player

Oh dear...is that something to look forward to or not :?

The forum getting interesting, not the Lovett sacking :P

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No this is good. If Lovett is offically sacked then it will get very interesting.
lol

It will be interesting if the Club doesn't sack him IMO...

But I would doubt it

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

no....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
santazzi
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I have tried to keep an open mind on this issue, but it is becoming more difficult as time goes by. My reasons are as follows;

1. The decision by the club (on Christmas eve) to suspend AL indefinately, with our CEO stating that AL would not be involved with the club in any way, shape or form. This statement was made 14-16 hours after the alleged incident. I believe that for the club to take such action so quickly they are in posession of a lot more facts than is being speculated here and other forums.

2. The "Controlled Leaks" from Vic Police that Charges will be laid within the next few weeks.

3. The stage managed "Leak" that was in the Herald Sun today and inspired this thread must have come from (a) Definately The Club, and (b) Possibly Vic Police. This to me is the club acting in a way to protect our brand and our sponsorship deals in the face of all this adverse publicity.

Like I said, I'm trying to keep an open mind and I believe in Innocent until proven Guilty but the more that comes out through mainstream sources suggests to me that AL is in more chyt than a Werribee duck !!
"compelling"but not necessaryly so Eastern.........My mind drifts back to Mr Bush Mr Blair Mr Howard Mr Sadam and weapons of mass distraction....................

chook23
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
Eastern wrote:I have tried to keep an open mind on this issue, but it is becoming more difficult as time goes by. My reasons are as follows;

"compelling"but not necessaryly so Eastern.........My mind drifts back to Mr Bush Mr Blair Mr Howard Mr Sadam and weapons of mass distraction....................
left out a fact though...millions that had been killed by sadam

saint4life
Sainterman
Club Player

Never ceases to amaze where these threads end up, always the same few involved in getting it there.

I hope TTT has a re-think, one of the better and more interesting posters this forum has.

Anyway, bring on the season, that may help...although when you stop and think about it...well, not too sure...thick skins required around here.

To think we are all Sainters...and still it ends up like this.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
We've heard of high-profile footballers in the past bashing their ex's new partner.

So a bit of man on man pashing?

This thread is getting weird your honour :lol:
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 13 Jan 2010 10:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foz
Club Player

Peoples !

Two issues here, one a serious accusation laid against a player and the one missing all the focus is that what has been reported as the Saints coach laying down the law to his charges as a plea for the strength and fabric of the club.

If the reports are anywhere near true this is open defiance of the StKilda brand. It comes on the back of a previous warning to said player. Just look at the Carlton focus after the boat cruise incident, no harsh charges against players but the club has suspended 3 players for breaches of code.

Anyone that stuffs up has disrespected the players/club/supporters of this great club. Anyone realising the implications of stuffing up and told again that puts themselves in a dangerous position has tainted the club. I'm not lowering the impact of the serious allegations but whether the player rolled a car, was locked up or is under investigation by police, the fact remains it is disrespectful of all at the club. Thats why you sit here in disbelief when you heard the news. Going to war with your mates each weekend cant exist without a bond, an allegiance thats forged over time. You become stunned because the unity is unexpectedly broken.

If the coach has warned of the battle ahead and the new recruit has gone AWOL, no matter what the reason, the bond is broken....if the player becomes free to play in 2010 is there player trust?...that is the REAL issue.

older saint
SS Life Member

I would think if charges are laid as rumoured he will remain suspended by the club unless he pleads guily at committal.

An immediate sacking at charges time could potentially be a costly exercise if he is later found not guily or charges dropped then where do you go - unfair dismissal, payouts etc.

Ideally from the clubs perspective the AFL may step in and deregister him until such time as the matter is resolved in court - hence removing the potentially costly decision from the club

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I tend to agree eastern. This mornings article was straight from the Max Markson PR handbook. They know whats coming. They are protecting the brand and covering their a$$ with a pre-emptive strike.

The dude is in more chyt than a bombay sewer.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote: For blokes an "ex' is never really an "ex". For women an "ex" may as well belong to a previous century.
Yeah - I can vouch for this. Lord knows Ive been dumped enough times

:lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:I would think if charges are laid as rumoured he will remain suspended by the club unless he pleads guily at committal.

An immediate sacking at charges time could potentially be a costly exercise if he is later found not guily or charges dropped then where do you go - unfair dismissal, payouts etc.

Ideally from the clubs perspective the AFL may step in and deregister him until such time as the matter is resolved in court - hence removing the potentially costly decision from the club
According to Micahel Gleeson, teh Age reporter, on SEN this morning.

If the Saints sack Lovett before he is convicted, tehen they would be up for paying out his total salary for 3 years.

So unless tha AFL comes up with a solution for us, we appear to be stuck with him and his salary.
Even whilst suspended, we would most likely have to pay him his contracted salary.
If we sack him prior to his court case (if he's charged) he may have legal recourse against the Club to sue for damages on top of his salary?

JMsainter
Club Player

Foz wrote:Peoples !

Two issues here, one a serious accusation laid against a player and the one missing all the focus is that what has been reported as the Saints coach laying down the law to his charges as a plea for the strength and fabric of the club.

If the reports are anywhere near true this is open defiance of the StKilda brand. It comes on the back of a previous warning to said player. Just look at the Carlton focus after the boat cruise incident, no harsh charges against players but the club has suspended 3 players for breaches of code.

Anyone that stuffs up has disrespected the players/club/supporters of this great club. Anyone realising the implications of stuffing up and told again that puts themselves in a dangerous position has tainted the club. I'm not lowering the impact of the serious allegations but whether the player rolled a car, was locked up or is under investigation by police, the fact remains it is disrespectful of all at the club. Thats why you sit here in disbelief when you heard the news. Going to war with your mates each weekend cant exist without a bond, an allegiance thats forged over time. You become stunned because the unity is unexpectedly broken.

If the coach has warned of the battle ahead and the new recruit has gone AWOL, no matter what the reason, the bond is broken....if the player becomes free to play in 2010 is there player trust?...that is the REAL issue.
All very valid. If things are as bad as it's made out then, no there would be no player trust. So if they don't sack him, he'd facing a long battle to redeem himself.

I haven't weighed in to this discussion and many valid points have been raised as well some hysterical reactions to some people's view. I like everyone else has no idea what the real story is.

The only point I will raise is that it's a very delicate situation. Do you get rid of him because he's a bad seed, and regardless of this outcome? Or do you let justice take it's course.

Even if he is charged, do the AFL have any grounds to deregister him? Cousins was never caught "officially".

I just pray that the players can focus on what needs to done.

Fired Up Again For 2010. Go Saints!!!

Kepp dreaming those impossible dreams. Spend every minute of everyday striving to reach your dreams.
Shaggy
Club Player

I cannot keep an open mind on this.

Lovett and Sheen were the same day and they are repeat offenders alleged (in terms of violence to women).

The legal system is very imperfect and is not about right and wrong but proof.

Anyway my family is to stay away from Saints matches unless we dump him or the girl comes out and says it was nonsense. Simply being found innocent in court is not enough for me. Similarly Sheen is banned as viewing on TV in our family. There are bigger issues here than footy.

I appreciate bigred’s thoughts which said what I felt.

No means no and being asleep or out of it drunk doesn’t mean yes and being a wife doesn’t mean she has contracted to be a punching bag.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
We've heard of high-profile footballers in the past bashing their ex's new partner.

I said bashing, not pashing. I hope you were being "jocular" as Sam Newm^n would say.....

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

I said bashing, not pashing. I hope you were being "jocular" as Sam Newm^n would say.....
thats awesome. my mistake. i seriously mis-read it! my eyes saw bashing. my brain saw pashing. funnier my way i reckon blahahahahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote: For blokes an "ex' is never really an "ex". For women an "ex" may as well belong to a previous century.
Yeah - I can vouch for this. Lord knows Ive been dumped enough times

:lol:
Thanks, Con. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

Only...I hope what you just said isn't true. I wouldn't wish that much pain on one of my "brothers" (fellow Saints supporters)! Sadly, it's part of life.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I cannot keep an open mind on this.

Lovett and Sheen were the same day and they are repeat offenders alleged (in terms of violence to women).

The legal system is very imperfect and is not about right and wrong but proof.

Anyway my family is to stay away from Saints matches unless we dump him or the girl comes out and says it was nonsense. Simply being found innocent in court is not enough for me. Similarly Sheen is banned as viewing on TV in our family. There are bigger issues here than footy.

I appreciate bigred’s thoughts which said what I felt.

No means no and being asleep or out of it drunk doesn’t mean yes and being a wife doesn’t mean she has contracted to be a punching bag.
fair enough. but who is sheen? the car racing guy? excuse my ignorance...

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

thats awesome. my mistake. i seriously mis-read it! my eyes saw bashing. my brain saw pashing. funnier my way i reckon blahahahahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, your interpretation certainly makes it a more interesting post! Don't let any journos get wind of this one.....!