oops pressed wrong box

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

oops pressed wrong box

hi to spelly krabb & davo

had 3 good mates from yrs gone by..spelly krabb & eastern

just my luck... the one that i still speak to is nothing more than an arsehole (eastern)

seeya rnd 17 mate ( v hawthorn))this time i'll have plenty of time to catch up for a coldie before the game

a name that seems to be forgotten & who ruffled a few feathers back in the old days is sicko boy

sicko drops into the karalee from time to time to watch games with us...hope to see more of ya next yr mate....dont worry about the ban i'll get em to lift it for 3 hrs whilst the footys on :lol:

of the 1000's that have been on here over the yrs one stands out as a must read whether ya agree with him or not

usually just quickly skip over things now to see whats going on but with BARKS ya gotta carefully read every word or you miss out on another classic phrase

take me hat off to ya barks your number one...dont let up & be just another love child clone

oops...pressed wrong box...this was supposed to be under reply to post not new post

to late now dont know how to revert it...shyt happens

stinger
Saintsational Legend

...i still get the occasional pm from krabby and your sister mate.......top posters and committed sainters ..both of them.....wish they posted more often ..... :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see you about Rog :-)

Quick lil anecdote: A group of us, including Roger, were having a sip at Etihad before a game last year. Roger heads off to the bar and someone who was a bit new to our gatherings and I think was trying to work out who was who turns to me and says...

"Ummm is that really Rodgerfox??" 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

By comparison, Rodgerfox is a gentleman :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

karnaby
Club Player

Eastern wrote:By comparison, Rodgerfox is a gentleman :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: !!
and a scholar :idea:

I bet Rf would know how to cut and paste if he'd "pressed the wrong box" unlike this bloke!!!!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
stinger
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
Eastern wrote:By comparison, Rodgerfox is a gentleman :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: !!

I bet Rf would know how to cut and paste if he'd "pressed the wrong box" unlike this bloke!!!!
another blast from the past....how ya going...??

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:

Geezus!!
rogerwa needs directions on how to turn the computer on, and his computer only has ONE green button. Sending text messages is even more confusing for him :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

karnaby
Club Player

stinger wrote:
karnaby wrote:

another blast from the past....how ya going...??
Good thanks Stinger. I had the very good fortune to travel a lot last year so I just dropped in for infrequent visits to catch up on news.

Hoping to see a lot more games this year.......if, if, if...

For those who might be interested I have a couple of posts (not mine) that I kept from years ago that I think some of us might enjoy, they certainly reflect the tougher times we had to endure ten years ago
tears on the Keyboard
Alec from Wayback Apr 9 2000 9:39PM
1. THE COACH
A person of demonstrated commitment to and delivery of excellence both as a player and as commentator. These values and behaviours will in the future translate into his success as a coach. I hope the St. Kilda Football Club has the sense to ensure that he becomes to St Kilda what Sheedy is currently to Essendon.

He will be a successful and sought after coach of premiership sides - don¡¦t let a few players looking for excuses for their personal deficiencies distract the club form a real long term asset.

Give him a break don¡¦t tell me that even now at 38 years of age he wouldn¡¦t have shown more commitment to getting the ball and delivering it effectively than 90% of the players who have taken the field (note taken the field as distinct from played in) the first five games of this season.
2. MY MEMBERSHIP
The theory
I would like to think of my Football Club, Social Club and Reserved Seating as an investment - something that will give me a return (perhaps the privilege of buying a ticket to watching the saints play off in and win the grand final)

The reality
it is like a donation to a charity you do it because it because it is an act of faith and makes you feel good as it might do something for somebody in need
3. THE GAME PLAN
The theory
I am not the coach, I have little playing experience or aptitude. I can only suggest that any clubs game plan will be composed of three essential strategies

„X The defensive strategy
„X The offensive strategy
„X The in contest strategy

The defensive strategy
When the opposition have got the ball we have two complimentary tactics
1. restrict the options of the opposition's ball carrier by preventing them from delivering the ball effectively and
2. limit the opportunities for the ball carriers team-mates to receive the ball effectively.

The offensive strategy
When we are in possession of the ball we have two complimentary tactics
1. As the ball carrier give yourself the best opportunity to deliver the ball effectively to a team mate in a better position and
2. When your team-mate is in possession provide him with the range of opportunities to deliver the ball to advantage

The in contest strategy
When the ball is in dispute there are two tactics
1. Use your skill, courage and commitment to win the ball
2. Use your skill, courage and commitment to ensure a neutral situation like a ball up or throw in and start again

Summary
When you have the ball you try to create opportunities when you do not have it you try to restrict the oppositions opportunities

The reality
Forget any sort of plan until the players develop enough confidence in themselves and each other to think of any thing but reducing the game to at best a series of neutral contests.
4. PLAYER FUTURES
The theory
Players are a clubs most valued asset representing the best of values:- integrity loyalty, toughness and mateship

The reality
They are a commodity - an annual assembly of professional and elite athletes between contracts seeking attain to two goals:
„X The first is the collective or team goal that is focussed on winning games and the AFL premiership the and
„X The second is the individual goal of maintaining or improving the market value of their contracts.

The irony is that the selfish and individualistic players decrease their own market value by not contributing effectively to team outcomes.
5. WHY I SUPPORT ST KILDA
The look on Carl Ditterich's face as he left the ground after playing in the losing 1965 Grand Final said all that could be said about how he felt. How many of the 2000 players have felt that emotion. They can't show that emotion to themselves let alone to their team mates.

I support the St Kilda football club. There are two components to this support the ongoing component which is to the administration, the supporters and support staff who have a personal commitment to the ongoing success (operation) of the St Kilda football club.

The second part of this commitment is to the commodity part of the club - the players that represent the St Kilda football club during any given year and who depending on their skills and attitude and the success or failure that result will give me and other supporters so much pleasure or pain.

The 2000 group is currently an assortment of individuals operating without the skill attitudes or knowledge expected of the investment made in them by myself and by the club. I support them because of the jumper they wear. This support has is because of who they are not what they are (Harves, Burkey Spider excepted)
6. THE MARKET THEORY
On current performance players will seek to become even more individually focussed and selfish in an attempt to increase their market value to our club and other clubs. Don't think like this guys' other clubs are becoming smarter they want leaders who contribute and add value to their lists not cheats who live of the efforts of others..

Treades from underachieving clubs will be less sought after than those from successful clubs - as evidenced by the lack of interest shown in a number of potential St Kilda trade offerings this year. Get used to it guys if you don¡¦t lift and St Kilda doesn¡¦t want you and your name isn't Harvey or Burke or Everitt your league career is probably either finished or at best a one year contract.

7. BANGER AND ROCKY
The worst possible scenario - but gee they must be feeling an incredible amount of frustration - who could begrudge them the thought of playing for a club where there is a prospect of them getting some return on the effort they put in - in the form of an AFL premiership. The current inability of their teammates to display the necessary character commitment and leadership is making the prospect of a premiership in their remaining years at the club a diminishing possibility
8. THE FUTUTRE OF THE CLUB
Docklands will become the flagship ground for the league - congratulations to the executive team for establishing our presence there. Our current inability to succeed will result in diminishing crowd numbers for St Kilda at Docklands. Within the period of our existing agreement other clubs will be wanting our tenantship at the ground. Who could blame, or expect the league to do anything bur give the tenancy to the clubs that attract the biggest crowds. This will leave us in a very exposed position unless we start achieving - thereby increasing membership and revenue.
9. THE MEDIA
The most frustrating part of all the smug self satisfied looks on the faces of Mike Sheahan, Patrick Smith and so on - well guys you have proved them right. How much more motivation do you need than observing Mike Sheehan's contempt for our club do you need.. I live for the day when Mike Sheahan has to justify how St Kilda won a premiership
10. THE WEEKLY FEELING
It is like loving somebody that you know will never love you in return because all that is in it for you is hurt and pain

You cant get to enthusiastic because you will be let down I feel like this and so of course must the players. And it is the players who are in the unfortunate position of being the only one's who can do something about this

11. MY FRUSTRATION
I will never take the mark, or kick the goal, lay the tackle or make the smother on the contest by contest, quarter by quarter, game by game basis needed for us to win a final. Neither do I have to make your training or match day sacrifices - I can never understand or know what that takes. But I do understand the hurt and frustration associated with the lack of respect shown to our club by other clubs their supporters the media.
12. MY PLEA
Please if you do nothing more for the rest of the year will some player or preferably group of players of integrity and character emerge or evolve can show that there is a future for the club. This is not the responsibility of Tim Watson, Don Hanly or Andrew Plympton - they can't kick goals or take marks or smother the ball from the coaches box or from the members lounge. They can only pick you to a do job and support you in the process - the outcomes are up to you - who are you?

Stan had one exceptional quote, I think from Goethe

Care more than others think wise
Risk more than others think safe
Dream more than others think practical
Expect more than others think possible

Who are you and what is within you that can be inspired to care, risk, dream and expect enough to lead our club to success.

and:

There is a light that never goes out
Waiting for Joel Jun 13 2000 7:39AM
God knows I've been trying to protect him from this but on Sunday he was determined to go. My 4-year old son pleaded with me to take him to the footy. We bundled him on the train for the short trip to the "G". I've been in the horns of a dilemma for some months as to whether I wanted him to go through the torment that I and my father and brother went through in the schoolyard every Monday being targeted as a St Kilda supporter. He, even at this early stage, shows signs of being a bit of a frontrunner and doesn't like losing so I suggested that maybe Essendon was a good team to barrack for.

At the game he said that he would shout "Carn Sainters" when they scored a goal. He was quiet for some time. Then at a stage when we were copping a caning from Hawthorn, he leant over and said "Can I wear your scarf Dad?" "Sure", I said in a muffled, croaky sort of way. He continued to wear it after the game and even to the pub on the way home.

Looks like we've got another one. For better or for worse God made us St Kilda supporters. It's the cross we have to bear but its what makes us special.

Sure, it we copped a towelling. But also with some misgivings, it was one of the best days of my life.

"Carn Sainters"
[/quote]

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: oops pressed wrong box

rogerwa wrote: of the 1000's that have been on here over the yrs one stands out as a must read whether ya agree with him or not

usually just quickly skip over things now to see whats going on but with BARKS ya gotta carefully read every word or you miss out on another classic phrase

take me hat off to ya barks your number one...dont let up & be just another love child clone
Thanks Roger, obviously you're a man with impeccable taste........
anyway someone's gotta keep the rodger rubbing, todger tugging, pole smoking, tackle toking, willy whipping, derriere dipping, wrist wrangling, johnson jangling, dong bonging, knob polishing, bone monkey's honest, the gaggle of geeks, gumps, gimps, goofballs and goatriders full of their dumbed down, douche bag, dipshyte, dingbat, drivel, the nuffies, numbnuts, numbskulls, nongs, nit wits and neanderthals who wouldn't get the drum even with a brass band up them........I think you have a bit of explaining to do next time you catch up with Loris, though :lol:
8-) :P

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu

onya roger :roll:

dont encourage him ...ffs

remember the train station roger ... the train station

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

i remember gaz

barks at midnight on spencer st station going into con mode left those couple of nice young ladies shaking their heads ....as we all do when barks opens up his repetoire of how to chat up chicks

stinger
Saintsational Legend

arrrhhh....Waiting for Joel.......now there was a poster.....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:i remember gaz

barks at midnight on spencer st station going into con mode left those couple of nice young ladies shaking their heads ....as we all do when barks opens up his repetoire of how to chat up chicks

As I recall, I clearly remember talking to you and gumprat who's gobbledegook memory at the best of times is about as crystal as a goldfish bowl full of bongwater, when a couple of young nubile's tried to get my attention, a regular occurrence, nothing out of the ordinary and through sheer politeness, not wanting to appear rude, I chose to speak to them briefly!

That was the night of 17-1 hitouts to advantage against, Harvey's 324th, with Blake smashed in the ruck after I had tried to tell Grant all week how much of a cabbage he is for persisting with this buffoonery, yet another game blown by the snake oil conman.

17 to 1 FAIR DINKUM one more than zero, zip, zilch, nada, nought, nothing, SFA for an entire game of footy, no wonder when Ross Lyon arrived Lenny Hayes said I'm looking forward to playing with a genuine ruckman.

p.s Perhaps I thought a couple of tits out to advantage might go some way towards appeasing the 17 to 1 hits out against!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu

barks at midnight on spencer st station going into con mode
:D (to have a witness)

nadaboy awakens ... its all your fault roger

I chose to speak to them briefly!

i'm cry'n ...thats too cool .... should we , who were there , rewrite that ...... with the truth in mind ?

fair dinkum .. and u ave a go at my memory ...it shoulda been

I chose to spoke to them . Briefly!. For they left . Quickly !.

:lol: :lol:

gumprat ... :) finally some originality ...solid effort there purple person

but cmon , have a real go bubblebuddy 8-)

tits out to advantage worked though

asiu

hey karnaby :) ... wheres the parrot ?