First training for the year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

First training for the year?

Anyone know when the boys are back and in training (something more then a run though!) Have soe time off and would like to see the new kids

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Maxstar22
Club Player

Would be good if we could arrange a pre season catch up with fellow SS'ers and incorporate training in with it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: First training for the year?

Solar wrote:Anyone know when the boys are back and in training (something more then a run though!) Have soe time off and would like to see the new kids
Pretty sure it is the 6th.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:Anyone know when the boys are back and in training (something more then a run though!) Have soe time off and would like to see the new kids
6th is correct, that is what they told us when in Qld.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
6th is correct, that is what they told us when in Qld.
thanks

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Any idea what time?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
DWOODROW
Club Player

Back today. No idea what time

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

If anyone gets some pics from training would love to see them posted. Cant make it to any myself.

Did see Nick Riewoldt over New Years at Falls Festival in Marion Bay, he was looking very fit and was very well behaved :)

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
milney044
Club Player

Well i ended up watching the boys train even though I only planned to visit the shop.
Not too much to report..there were only 8 of us there watching!

They did basic drills for half the session, just basic kicking star drills, Lenny, King and Baker didn't take part but were there. - Bakes just ran laps.

At the end they did time trials in groups of 4. They just did sets of 1 lap of the oval - about 5 times. Riewoldt and BJ were the standouts. They were told to run the laps at 80-90%. Lucky it wasn't a hot day as they all looked pretty spent.

Riewoldt looks amazing, he's jus the ultimate professional.

Armitage might have put on a bit of muscle, Lovett obviously wasn't there, Peake took part and looked ok and i couldn't spot Jesse Smith.

They all look pretty sharp, fit and trim. I thought Kosi was pretty mobile and handled the ball well at ground level. There weren't too many skill errors but they weren't doing anything too drastic with the footy so that's no surprise.

There's obviously a few new kids there now that i don't know - i'll have to do some research! I nearly mistook CJ for a youngen, didn't recognise him without the golden locks! :wink:

But yeah overall a pretty standard training session, as you would expect at this time of year and being their first one back.
Last edited by milney044 on Thu 07 Jan 2010 2:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
alysha12

does anyone no what time training is tommorrow?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:Well i ended up watching the boys train even though I only planned to visit the shop.

They did basic drills for half the session, just basic kicking star drills, Lenny, King and Baker didn't take part but were there. - Bakes just ran laps.

At the end they did time trials in groups of 4. They just did sets of 1 lap of the oval - about 5 times. Riewoldt and BJ were the standouts. They were told to run the laps at 80-90%. Lucky it wasn't a hot day as they all looked pretty spent.

Armitage might have put on a few kgs, Lovett obviously wasn't there, Peake took part and looked ok and i couldn't spot Jesse Smith.

They all look pretty sharp, fit and trim. I thought Kosi was pretty mobile and handled the ball well at ground level. There weren't too many skill errors but they weren't doing anything too drastic with the footy so that's no surprise.

There's obviously a few new kids there now that i don't know - i'll have to do some research! I nearly mistook CJ for a youngen, didn't recognise him without the golden locks! :wink:

But yeah overall a pretty standard training session, as you would expect at this time of year and being their first one back.
thanks mate...much appreciated.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

milney044 wrote:Well i ended up watching the boys train even though I only planned to visit the shop.

Armitage might have put on a few kgs, Lovett obviously wasn't there, Peake took part and looked ok and i couldn't spot

Jesse Smith.

If he has it is all muscle.

milney044
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:

Armitage might have put on a few kgs, Lovett obviously wasn't there, Peake took part and looked ok and i couldn't spot

Jesse Smith.

Yeah, that's what i meant, just didn't word it very well! Definitely has broader shoulders and looks stronger imo

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

Jesse Smith.

Yeah, that's what i meant, just didn't word it very well! Definitely has broader shoulders and looks stronger imo

Haha Armo was already massive!

Domination Time!

DWOODROW
Club Player

His skin folds are awesome to. Has put in some hard work over the holidays..

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:His skin folds are awesome to. Has put in some hard work over the holidays..
That's awesome to hear.

Im starting to get excited...Especially that if given the opportunity he can make a strong impact.

Look at the Hawthorne game. Was given responsibility in the midfield because there was no-one else and stepped up and dominated. Disposal was suspect but that performance was on the back on being selected in a team that had been playing all year, in a step up in playing level.

Imagine if he is able to string games together, gain momentum at the top level....and according adjust to the elite level.

Wow - I hope he doesn't leave DWOODROW!

DWOODROW
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:His skin folds are awesome to. Has put in some hard work over the holidays..
That's awesome to hear.

Im starting to get excited...Especially that if given the opportunity he can make a strong impact.

Look at the Hawthorne game. Was given responsibility in the midfield because there was no-one else and stepped up and dominated. Disposal was suspect but that performance was on the back on being selected in a team that had been playing all year, in a step up in playing level.

Imagine if he is able to string games together, gain momentum at the top level....and according adjust to the elite level.

He's not :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Spinner wrote:
That's awesome to hear.

Good answer!!!! :P

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

good enough to get him the three charlie votes.... :wink: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I just hope we dont place toomuch expectation on Armitage...its a brutal game played by many talented individuals who will ALL be gunning to improve in 2010.

For mine, Id be happy to see Armitage play more often than not and cementing his spot and output at consistent levels.....but Id also be ecstatic if the key pressure on him was coming from Jack Steven in 2010....then we all of a sudden have options in the guts....that I like.

“Yeah….nah””
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Spinner wrote:
That's awesome to hear.

Please tell me pen and paper have met :oops: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Spinner wrote:
That's awesome to hear.

Please tell me pen and paper have met :oops: :lol:
Unfortunately I have no idea about that but he doesn't want to go anywhere

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thanks DR. :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
DWOODROW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Thanks DR. :wink:
That's DR Woodrow to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Is that DR as in initials, or title?