Lovett interviewed by Police

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
chook23 wrote:
if the same applied in 2004..............??
I believe it did. From what I know of the incident, I would be sure that the players had the Clubs and their team mates full support.

In fact I'm quite surprised that 11s name even gets mentioned.
You are using my reference to 2004 in the wrong way.

saint4life
santazzi
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Everybody seems to be assuming that the playing group will not back Lovett.

Do we know this for a fact?

What happened on all these Lovett threads to the presumption of innocence till proven guilty?

This type of accusation could be alledged against any sexually active player who enjoys a good party. That's about 75% of our list. I think the majority of the playing group will be secretly thanking their own Gods that it hasn't happened to them. So I am inclined to think that unless they have evidence that hasn't been publically released, they will back him to play.
Interesting point GO.

There are so many variables at play.

I'm going to stick my chin out here, but most people appear to hung Lovett already.

Posters have talked about the victim (girl) involved... yet no one knows who she is or what she's like. And I'm not taking a sexist angle or condoning anything.

I used to work with some girls who simply loved getting it on with fotty palyers. One with Barker and the other with Roberts... way back then.

So really knows what the preceeding evening entailed, or what the conversation between the 2 was... or what signals were sent.

Now I'm not saying that this was the case. Maybe AL had a few too many and saw an opportunity so to speak.

Too many variables. If it turns out to be a nasty spat, then why wouldn't the players back AL?
Mmmm... there are so many hard to understand inconsistencies...Why have they not supprted him indeed.....the key may be in the structure of "the other player's" flat...........how many bed rooms does it have?...one?...if so it can be presumed that (as i am sure forumites in their student days etc would recall) it is quite custmary for the woman to have the bed and the men to rough it up in the living room....if it has more than one bed room, why did the woman elected to use the other player's bed room?...................also what became of the other woman who was at the pub with the players?...was she at the flat??....I am so confused........it is all so murky...................

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote: Mmmm... there are so many hard to understand inconsistencies...Why have they not supprted him indeed.....

Or more likely different coaching styles. And it doesn't mean they aren't supporting him he hasn't been sacked has he?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
santazzi wrote: Mmmm... there are so many hard to understand inconsistencies...Why have they not supprted him indeed.....

Or more likely different coaching styles. And it doesn't mean they aren't supporting him he hasn't been sacked has he?
Why would they support him? They only just met him. Anyone thought of that?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Why were players out on the piiss with him during the pre-season when only a week or two earlier he was arrested and frowned upon by the world for being a boozer?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Why were players out on the piiss with him during the pre-season when only a week or two earlier he was arrested and frowned upon by the world for being a boozer?
Who was out on the piiss with him?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Why were players out on the piiss with him during the pre-season when only a week or two earlier he was arrested and frowned upon by the world for being a boozer?
First of all, name names.

Second, nice generalisation to nominate the world in regard to being frowned upon. Saw the story on Icelandic, Indian and Peruvian Saints Fan Forums.

Finally, sexual assault (whether alleged or not) is a little bit more serious than being picked up for drunk and disorderly.

At least, he didn't do an abductor....or did he??

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

Anyone thought you are just full of it??

Your remarks to my posts were an insult and to me it really shows you know nothing....

NOTHING AT ALL!!!

A Tip...

Get a life, before you start to miss quote people :idea:

I have never had a discussion with anyone else, that really has no idea on matters than yourself, and by going your input in the general forum....

My impression has not changed since your last PM to me, with respect to this same thread @ around page 4.....

How about you live and learn at little before you come on here and miss quote posters and get things wrong :idea:

in other words .....

GET A CLUE!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

They might have "adducted" him against his will. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course Roo probably still had his "abductor" and may still have been in rehab. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrumpyOne

Bernard Shakey wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

What evidence do we have that they are not supporting him other than their silence?

They may be under instructions not to comment.

Milton66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

What evidence do we have that they are not supporting him other than their silence?

They may be under instructions not to comment.
Becoz it's a frickin team environment, that's why. Should not matter if you've been there for 10 mins or 10 years. You stick fat from day dot.

If and when he betrays that support then he's on the outer, as it should be.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Moods
Saintsational Legend

THey're not robots Milton, they're footballers who are still human. Support 'just becuse you play at our club even though we've known you 10 minutes' is not unconditional. You have to earn blokes respect. I dare say his little escapade before pre-season even started put a little dent in that 'unconditional' support.

Who says the players aren't sticking by him - at least publicly. Privately though I could imagine a few seething at what's happened, and the poor publicity that's been brought onto the playing group as a result of this incident.

I reckon even Lovett himself would acknowledge this, which is why he would be feeling more uncomfortable than would be usual.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

Moods wrote:THey're not robots Milton, they're footballers who are still human. Support 'just becuse you play at our club even though we've known you 10 minutes' is not unconditional. You have to earn blokes respect. I dare say his little escapade before pre-season even started put a little dent in that 'unconditional' support.

Who says the players aren't sticking by him - at least publicly. Privately though I could imagine a few seething at what's happened, and the poor publicity that's been brought onto the playing group as a result of this incident.

I reckon even Lovett himself would acknowledge this, which is why he would be feeling more uncomfortable than would be usual.

his record before he was recruited even, didn't endear him to some...including roo.... :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

just on the issue of support...

with M&M the 'discretion' happened after the Wizard cup final IIRC. The team was already together. This incident has occurr in the off offseason. I suspect we'll hear more about it soon after when training starts up again

Milton66
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:THey're not robots Milton, they're footballers who are still human. Support 'just becuse you play at our club even though we've known you 10 minutes' is not unconditional. You have to earn blokes respect. I dare say his little escapade before pre-season even started put a little dent in that 'unconditional' support.

Fair comments.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

This thread has become very boring .. speculation and in-fighting.

Wish the club would come out and say he staying on the list or he's gone and we could all move on.

Ho hum - this is even more boring than the old days when you used to log in and find the forum filled with threads from girls arguing over who's hot and whos not ! :shock:

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:This thread has become very boring .. speculation and in-fighting.

Wish the club would come out and say he staying on the list or he's gone and we could all move on.

Ho hum - this is even more boring than the old days when you used to log in and find the forum filled with threads from girls arguing over who's hot and whos not ! :shock:
And your contribution is thrilling.

saint4life
bozza1980
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Moods wrote: The opposite has happened in this case, which doesn't strike me as a good omen. Footy clubs are notorious for protecting their best assets (the players) and for the club to immediately stand him down suggests that either they don't believe his story, or that poss other players have already had an imput into what's happened......
Or that times have changed since the Milne/Montagna case.
Society no longer accepts Footy Clubs seemingly ignoring everything and backing their players to the hilt.

I'm not suggesting you're wrong in your take on this, but I don't think any of us know what thinking went into the Club's decision to suspend Lovett indefinitely.
My own opinion is that they've taken heed of the Adelaide actions on Bock and the Melbourne Storm actions on Ingliss, both physical assaults on females (no rape allegations).
I think you are right.

I think in the circumstances the club had no choice but to stand him down. I think the club handled the 2004 case well for the time but I don't think it would be handled the same way today.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The 2004 circumstances were vastly different to what was suggested in the papers.

This was personally told to me by a very senior Policeman at the time.

Due to the circumstances back then, the club had absolutely no reason to not support both players to the hilt.

Based on what the club has done this time, I'd suggest the circumstances are very different.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:

Second, nice generalisation to nominate the world in regard to being frowned upon. Saw the story on Icelandic, Indian and Peruvian Saints Fan Forums.

Finally, sexual assault (whether alleged or not) is a little bit more serious than being picked up for drunk and disorderly.

I believe the incident took place at another players house didn't it?
Thats the story I have heard!
BTW This particular player is in no way involved it just took place in his house.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

Jesus. SS has come to this has it?

It's alleged that Lovett and a teammate were at a pub until the early hours, then went home.

Richter
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: It's alleged that Lovett and a teammate were at a pub until the early hours, then went home.
Take your head out of your a**e Rodger. Much more than that is being alleged.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: It's alleged that Lovett and a teammate were at a pub until the early hours, then went home.
Perhaps go back and read the thread. It will put some perspective on my post.

Then you can come back and apologise.

Richter
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Richter wrote:
Perhaps go back and read the thread. It will put some perspective on my post.

Then you can come back and apologise.
Yep. Have already followed the thread...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
asiu

At least, he didn't do an abductor....
it'll get funnier mr fox

by the 23rd time its posted , you'll be weeing yourself

i was holding on , but i only made it to the 19th