Lovett interviewed by Police

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:guys just one question, was any other saints players invovled? One report says he went home to a team mates place with him and yet st kilda say no-one else was invovled? What is the real story?

That is what I read too.
It simply means that the other player did not participate in what is alleged to have happened.
It means he is allegedly innocent.

This time round the media have withheld his name, but revealed he lives in Port Melbourne.
Pity they did not do the same for Kosi a few years back.

I can't imagine there are too many St Kilda players living in Port Melbourne.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:The worst part of all this is, regardless of the outcome, we as a club have had our reputation severely damaged. As most know, supporters from other sides still give Joey and Yapper a hard time. Now add another player to that and what are people going to call us?

Sponsors will have a big part in what happens here. Maybe the only way for St Kilda to save face is to sack him regardless of whether he is guilty or not. But whether they can do that legally is another issue.

started already st bev.....here's one of the milder ...at the moment...thread from big footy....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664113

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Jody Arnol wrote:The answer as to whether or not Andrew Lovett will wear the red, white and black jumper in season 2010 is in the first sentence of the "Andrew Lovett-Update" posted on the official St kilda website.

Lets see if all you clever morons can work it out? Lol doubt it!

I think half of your posts are deleted regularly but that is beside the point.

For a start the first sentance of the update is this:

"St Kilda Football Club is aware that Saints player, Andrew Lovett, has been interviewed by Victoria Police today following an investigation into allegations made by a woman"

Call me a moron if you like but I see no hidden meaning or a firm statement of future intentions in the first sentance of that statement what so ever. It is very nonchalant in it's wording. I don't know what you are seeing but may I put forward that you are seeing what you want to see, even if it is not there.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Hey, it really is Jody Arnol!

Still as popular as ever.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Milton66
SS Life Member

Supporters from other clubs can say whatb they want.

What matters most is how our club deals with it. Everything else is BS.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Jody Arnol wrote:The answer as to whether or not Andrew Lovett will wear the red, white and black jumper in season 2010 is in the first sentence of the "Andrew Lovett-Update" posted on the official St kilda website.

Lets see if all you clever morons can work it out? Lol doubt it!

I think half of your posts are deleted regularly but that is beside the point.

For a start the first sentance of the update is this:

"St Kilda Football Club is aware that Saints player, Andrew Lovett, has been interviewed by Victoria Police today following an investigation into allegations made by a woman"

Call me a moron if you like but I see no hidden meaning or a firm statement of future intentions in the first sentance of that statement what so ever. It is very nonchalant in it's wording. I don't know what you are seeing but may I put forward that you are seeing what you want to see, even if it is not there.
ditto
im the f****** idiot of the forum
humor me and show me where it reveals what is REALLY happening down at St Kilda in that press statement
thanks...moron
:)

GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote: Oh please tell me youre joking...?

This is lil ol Football Forum..not the House of Reps lol
Yes.... we were both joking...... me when I suggested that Sting forward his credentials for verification..... and you when you gave me a formal warning but failed to give the reason on request.

I suppose this means you won't be holding the stake money.... Sting will be disappointed. :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Solar wrote:guys just one question, was any other saints players invovled? One report says he went home to a team mates place with him and yet st kilda say no-one else was invovled? What is the real story?

That is what I read too.
It simply means that the other player did not participate in what is alleged to have happened.
It means he is allegedly innocent.

This time round the media have withheld his name, but revealed he lives in Port Melbourne.
Pity they did not do the same for Kosi a few years back.

I can't imagine there are too many St Kilda players living in Port Melbourne.
cheers thanks for clearing that up

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
GrumpyOne

Take my word for it..... St Fid is the resident authority on police procedures..... His posts have been factual and not wild-eyed supposition.

Dismiss any opinion that is not in accord with what he has posted.

His credentials are fair dinkum.

As for Lovett playing for us..... It all depends on what was the fine print in his contract. I suspect he had already transgressed before this latest incident, and that will be the quoted grounds if the club let him go.

The club and the AFL cannot do anything other than suspend him until the trial verdict, if it ever gets that far. Any other action could be seen as influencing the court prior to trial.

This is unchartered waters, so everybody will be extra cautious.

Anyhow, it is only one player, so the sky is not falling.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Grumps...

As I stated earlier, there are a few posters on this site that know "police procedures" ...

I am just offering my opinion (rightly or wrongly)

It's just my opinion

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Grumps...

As I stated earlier, there are a few posters on this site that know "police procedures" ...

It's just my opinion
According to you St Fid, there is no evidence and no witnesses. Hence no case to answer. The girl is lying.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

It's just my opinion
According to you St Fid, there is no evidence and no witnesses. Hence no case to answer. The girl is lying.

You are a disgrace, don't misquote me.

Why don't you learn to read :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Just my take on this...

If there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses it will be a hard case to prove...

Very hard to prove otherwise if it becomes one persons evidence against another...

IMO the DPP would be hard pressed to make a case, if it's one persons story against another with no other evidence...

Again, that is if there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses..

Still, though, one does wonder what the Club would do with Lovett, if there is insufficient evidence, in any case...
Sounds like no case to answer.

Hard case to prove. Hard case to prove what?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I did say....
If there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses it will be a hard case to prove.
The key word is IF....

and I did say it would be very hard to prove IF that was the case.

I did NOT state he has no case to answer and that the girl is lying.

Very hard case to prove DOES NOT EQUAL no case to answer.

Again that's IF there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses.

Is that clear enough for you :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

If there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses it will be a hard case to prove...

Very hard to prove otherwise if it becomes one persons evidence against another...

IMO the DPP would be hard pressed to make a case, if it's one persons story against another with no other evidence...

Still, though, one does wonder what the Club would do with Lovett, if there is insufficient evidence, in any case...

Could you point out where St.Fid said the girl is lying :roll:

Just because there is insufficent evidence does not mean the girl is lying you disgraceful piece of excretia.

Have a s.hit New year d**khead.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Could you point out where St.Fid said the girl is lying :roll:

Just because there is insufficent evidence does not mean the girl is lying you disgraceful piece of excretia.

Have a s.hit New year d**khead.
She must be lying if no evidence or witnesses. You said "insufficient evidence", St Fid said "no physical evidence".

According to you two, a girl who finds herself alone with a male, who cannot control his urges, had better have the video rolling in order to prove a crime has been committed.

The club is bigger than society. The world is f***ed. Happy New Year!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
She must be lying if no evidence or witnesses. You said "insufficient evidence", St Fid said "no physical evidence".

According to you two, a girl who finds herself alone with a male, who cannot control his urges, had better have the video rolling in order to prove a crime has been committed.

The club is bigger than society. The world is f***ed. Happy New Year!
Again...

Don't flowering miss quote me ....

I said IF there is no physical evidence and no independent witnesses it would be a hard case to prove (not impossible but hard)

Again...

I DID NOT STATE "no case to answer" OR that "the girl is lying"...

I believe that you are the only one that has stated that she must be lying if there is no or insufficient evidence.

Just why I even bothered coming on here giving my opinion when there are smart asses like you that try to miss quote me....

Is it any wonder why so many posters have left this site or at best don't bother to post that often????

You are just full of it BS and your initials just suit you fine IMO

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Just to let posters know, I have assisted in four alleged rape cases in the past twelve months, and I have given MY OPINION on this one....

Take it or leave it, I really don't care.....

But I detest posters like BS miss quoting me and stating that the alleged victim must be a liar if there is insufficient evidence ...

Of the four alleged rape cases that I have assisted I have little doubt that 1 or 2 may have happened, but I would doubt that there would even be a brief of evidence presented.

Again, take it or leave it, I could not give a F***.

But IMO BS has not a clue in hell about the processes and his posts about both myself and joffaboy are insulting

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

It's just my opinion

He didn't state anywhere near what you have alleged.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I think Bernard is just mixing up the meaning of the terminologies.

Have no case to answer for in legal terms (please correct me if I am wrong) means that they cannpt prove what happened, not that it didn't happen.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="St Fidelius"]Just to let posters know, I have assisted in four alleged rape cases in the past twelve months, and I have given MY OPINION on this one....

Take it or leave it, I really don't care.....
/quote]

i would not query you on any police matter..or doubt your word.....happy new year mate

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

It's just my opinion

He didn't state anywhere near what you have alleged.
+1

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I think this is an extremely difficult issue for me to comment on. It is far more significant than a football game. I am just disappointed that in a matter of three months since the end of the 2009 season, Andrew Lovett's name is the only name from the St. Kilda Football Club that has been associated with potentially illegal behaviour when the rest of the guys have done their best to keep out of the unnecessary spotlight. Do we really need him? Can we really straighten him up? Is it worth it, considering the impact on the rest of the squad?
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 01 Jan 2010 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Where does "no evidence " come from? The Detectives handling the case are not going to comment on the evidence. This is not America, where the Police are expected to keep the public up to date with the investigation. South Melbourne CIB or CIU are not going to tell the media anything.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:I think this is an extremely difficult issue for me to comment on. It is far more significant than a football game. I am just disappointed that in a matter of three months since the end of the 2009 season, Andrew Lovett's name is the only name from the St. Kilda Football Club that has been associated with potentially illegal behaviour.
Are you saying you would like more footballers from the St. Kilda Football Club to be associated with potentially illegal behaviour?

You need to be careful how you word that otherwise Dodgy Fox will start interpreting it as something that you mean which will result in another 18 pages of drivel.

Happy New Year to all. I hope Sanity starts prevailing on this forum!

Another opportunity awaits!