Don't blame Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Hopefully the matter is a huge beat up and Lovett gets to show his true worth on the field.

so do i...but christmas has come and gone.......i fear the worst.....especially seeing how a couple of players have reacted......the girl was close to some.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bozza1980
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:The players all made comment about how they'd never trained so hard, hardest pre season they'd ever done etc...etc...
To be fair, they say this every year.

I have no doubt they said it the year before Lyon came on board and they'll say it again this year.

And as sure as night follows day, they'll say it again next year.
barks4eva wrote:In recruiting Lovett, Lyon obviously was continuing to address one of the achilles heels
barks4eva wrote:I perfectly understand why we would take the risk in drafting Lovett.

I agree 100%

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: What I didn't expect, was to get a complete injury free season!! Dare I say it, the way we were playing when we had injuries, suggests I would have been spot on had we not fluked a year like we did!!
Dodgy Wad, it's amazing how under Misson, Sydney also fluked their way through a season, obviously he is nothing more than a good luck charm.

No wonder Grant "fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas is your hero, YOU and the rest of you GT goofballs have NFI and know SFA.

Anyway you wrote complete injury free season, really, wow that's news to me.

Apologies to everyone for feeding the troll!

Mods do the honourable thing and ban this dingbat NOW!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:...It's even simpler if you just go away.
If he went away what would you lot do all summer???

You guys would have been such easy targets at school... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:The players all made comment about how they'd never trained so hard, hardest pre season they'd ever done etc...etc...

I have no doubt they said it the year before Lyon came on board and they'll say it again this year.

same thing fev said this year...and every other recruit at a new club...one way to impress the bosses....doesn't make it true though...just part of the hype......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually, Sydney had numerous low injury years under Dave Mission, they continuously we're able to put their better teams on the field, especially in a particular preliminary final a few years back.
What we didn't suffer last season we're the soft tissue injuries that plaqued the club during GT's tenure.
I am confident we wont suffer them again next season, because Mission knows how to reduce the risk of such injuries happening and they are avoidable.
Let's not forget Brisbane managed to avoid them, as has Geelong.
You know it amazes me the lack of faith some people have shown, if produce the same football as last season, and I think we will because the player's are hungry, then we will finish 1st or 2nd again this year and go one better in September.
I look at the opposition teams and I can't see a challenger other than Geelong who will not be as good in 2010.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Didn't we have something like 20 players have operations after the season.

Apparently they had them just for fun :roll:

Injury free season :roll:

Soft tissue maybe - after Misson and co had fixed the appalling state of the lists fitness after Thomas had mangled it and cost us a chance at a flag.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Didn't we have something like 20 players have operations after the season.

Soft tissue maybe - after Misson and co had fixed the appalling state of the lists fitness after Thomas had mangled it and cost us a chance at a flag.
Didn't Roo do an abductor on the eve of the GF?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

same thing fev said this year...and every other recruit at a new club...one way to impress the bosses....doesn't make it true though...just part of the hype......
WHATEVER

THE FACTS ARE AND I KNOW MANY ON THIS SITE AE VERY VERY VERY SLOW ON THE UPTAKE!

When Lyon was appointed he was appalled by the fitness levels of our list and immediately set about addressing this,

the players since have been properly conditioned and their fitness levels are a million miles ahead of where they were under 5 and 1/2 years under Grant "fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas,

so whether or not players say this, the fact is they really did train much harder than anything they'd experienced previously!

Thankfully now with a REAL McCOY coach and professional football department, our list is properly conditioned with increased fitness levels required to deliver better outcomes.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Didn't we have something like 20 players have operations after the season.

So was it an injury free season or not??? :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

So was it an injury free season or not??? :roll: :roll:
Yeah, pretty much.

Until the biggest game of the year - then we fell apart at the seams in almost every area that Lyon has been lauded for, and ironically the same areas that Thomas was and (really oddly considering it's 3 years down the track) still is.

So as I'd suggested throughout the year, if we lost key players any areas where Lyon had erred would become obvious. Until then, like any coach in the comp (even Grant Thomas) he was simply coaching a full squad each week. And as you'd expect (even Grant Thomas did it back in 2004) we were winning each week when we had everyone fit and available.

markp
Saintsational Legend

He's taking great delight in attempting to reel in someone who said 'dont feed the troll' JB...

Why he is so relentless, or even bothers at all is between him and his therapist.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:He's taking great delight in attempting to reel in someone who said 'dont feed the troll' JB...

Why he is so relentless, or even bothers at all is between him and his therapist.
Actually just putting forward an opinion on the footy.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:He's taking great delight in attempting to reel in someone who said 'dont feed the troll' JB...

Then you have even bigger issues than I realised.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Is that the game you have little interest in?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Yes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Yes.
Then why would you continue to post so often on a site that is for Saints footy supporters and I would suggest keen footy supporters.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Yes.
Then why would you continue to post so often on a site that is for Saints footy supporters and I would suggest keen footy supporters.
??

The same reason I read the newspaper occasionally.

I'm not fanatical about the shiit that it's in there either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Yes.
??

The same reason I read the newspaper occasionally.

I'm not fanatical about the shiit that it's in there either.
You really must be a strange person then. You may read the newspaper but i bet you dont comment on it. Admit you are either a trouble maker or you still really love the game. It must be one or the other with the amount of posts you make. And dont write your normal smart arse crap.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 30 Dec 2009 8:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

An abductor??? Thanks for the laugh, Dr Fox.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And dont write your normal smart arse crap.
GOLD

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You may read the newspaper but i bet you dont comment on it. .
I do actually.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Hopefully the matter is a huge beat up and Lovett gets to show his true worth on the field.

so do i...but christmas has come and gone.......i fear the worst.....especially seeing how a couple of players have reacted......the girl was close to some.....
I reckon he's gone........if I were a betting man........just hoping against rope........B coz I was looking forward to seeing him dominating with his pace and skill........but now disappointingly this seems forlorn........gee we've needed a bit of pace and skill since numbnuts detroyed the list with sloooooooow players........ can't blame Lyon for trying to fix another fine mess Thomas got us into!

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) :P :D :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
I reckon he's gone........if I were a betting man......
If you were a betting man??

matrix
Saintsational Legend