Don't blame Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what was the discussion again?

ahhh thats right

V

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: If you are going to argue he couldnt coach do it properly without making a fool of yourself.
I could take lessons from you :lol:
plugger66 wrote:Where is the proof that he overuled people at the club to get Bally.
I have my sources, and dont have to prove a thing to you.
plugger66 wrote:Is B4E your proof.
Who is B4E?

plugger66 wrote: you are funny.
You are not
plugger66 wrote: Where is the proof he didnt pick Gilbert and Fisher.
I have my sources, and dont have to prove a thing to you.

plugger66 wrote:I would say you are right just as you are wrong that he picked Bally.
Where is your proof i was right and wrong?
plugger66 wrote:And finally your comeback about a person who couldnt stand GT is to say wow and use emoticons.
Wow - emoticon, emoticon

plugger66 wrote: Well you win.
yay
plugger66 wrote: A terriffic response.

double yay
plugger66 wrote: Unlike some here i am very happy to have RL as coach but i was also very happy when GT coached.
So am I, they are both lovely, and both deserved the premierships they won as our coach.
plugger66 wrote: I dont see why it has to be you either hate Gt or love him.
I love him, hate him, love him, hate him.........till the world stops turning
plugger66 wrote:You depending on your mood seems to struggle for consistancy.
No I dont, or do I? Did you say inconsistancy or indecisive??
plugger66 wrote: is it the drink?
I resenble that remark.

P.S. GT was a knob.
Jesus.

Come on Joffaboy, you can do better than that.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Too bad your hero has been shown up by a coach that in only three years has remodelled the list and club (much to your critisism I remember :roll: ) and has surpassed Thomas in achievements at the Saints (one preseason cup, two PF's (one winning) and a GF).

joffaboy wrote:Typical of the blind and acceptor of mediocrity.
See above.

Let's hope he can take the remodelled list of Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi, Dal Santo, Fisher, Blake, Baker, Montagna, Gram & Goddard all the way.

Hopefully players like milne, schneider, dempster, king and ray can step up to the plate when it matters in 2010.

Or at least stay out of jail. Perhaps those overseas development camps were worth something after all...
Hmmm.

Saints43 - 1
Joffaboy - 0

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
schneider, dempster, king and ray - aqll quality picks by Lyon.

Considering you can add King and Gardiner to that....
Oh dear.

Hey Joffaboy, I think they're showing repeats of the finals and the GF on Fox. Should check it out before you make yourself look any more less informed than you're currently doing (if that's possible).

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh dear.

Hey Joffaboy, I think they're showing repeats of the finals and the GF on Fox. Should check it out before you make yourself look any more less informed than you're currently doing (if that's possible).
Wouldnt do any harm to have a look yourself. Just for your info too...we wear Red White and Black and Geelong are in the blue / white hoops

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh dear.

Wouldnt do any harm to have a look yourself. Just for your info too...we wear Red White and Black and Geelong are in the blue / white hoops
Yeah? We were the ones who lost the unlosable yeah?

The ones who changed game plan when we were in front in the final quarter only to see it slip away from that point?

The ones who had King, Gardiner, Milne, Schneider, Dempster play the most woeful games I've almost ever seen?

This pathetic one-eyed piiss weak attempt from the loser fans to justify us losing that match is, frankly, sickening.

Good to see the loser mentality and culture is still alive and well amongst the fans.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Mon 28 Dec 2009 10:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh dear.

There's no way he could sit through it - we were playing too well for too much of the game to suit his antiRL agenda.

You had him pegged really early this time.
He only appears if there's the slightest possibility he can get a 'cheap shot' in against Lyon.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball: what a lousy draft pick. Worst ever. How could GT or JB or RB or whoever have failed to see that, in a mere matter of 7 years, the mercenary scumbag was going to refuse to re-sign and then nominate for the draft and defect to the Filth, leaving us empty-handed? The signs were obvious!!

B4E is right: amateur hour.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Milton66
SS Life Member

Has anyone been called a liar, yet?

Instead of the usual Lyon bashers... um Lyon basher, jacking the thread, how about we stay on topic?

MB: Given the recent events, you appear to be vindicated for calling for Lyon's head last year.

You and Rodger obviously saw something we mere moronic mortals could not.

I think I'll retire for a jolly good spanking as punsihment for my ignorant ways. :D

BTW, this has nothing to with Ball, but if you want to go down that path, thank GT for stuffing him up by playing with OP. Otherwise he'd probably still be a Saints playing for 100 mins.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
asiu

having a go finally andrew ?

the post , obviously was directed to millie , after his little anti lyon dig

so , the purpose of the post , .....(surely, even u can figure that out)

millie has a go , shows he can actually think , so i communicate accordingly

with one trick ponies like your good self , well , its a struggle ....like boring

so, if you wanna play , and history shows that u shouldnt , quote my post (to millie) and have a go

u need to actually start respecting those who get outside and actually create something ...then you'd know the difference between leaders and 2ic's and complainers

still using my string and a brick line , after 7 and a half years ....:lol: create something new andrew , anything ....ffs

Milton66
SS Life Member

RodgerFox is the one one on the left. :lol:

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh dear.

The ones who changed game plan when we were in front in the final quarter only to see it slip away from that point?

The ones who had King, Gardiner, Milne, Schneider, Dempster play the most woeful games I've almost ever seen?

This pathetic one-eyed piiss weak attempt from the loser fans to justify us losing that match is, frankly, sickening.

Good to see the loser mentality and culture is still alive and well amongst the fans.
RF just a troll??

Naaaaa....... :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I see there is a "genius" in this thread who has made the observation that No. 1 picks like Roo and BJ are better players than pick 100-odds like King or half of pick 43 for Gardiner.

Oh the powers of deduction.... :shock:

I mean "fair dinkum" is it not obvious that if Lyon had picks like NO1 , NO2 etc that he would have picked up some more young guns too?

If that "genius" wants to actually make a fair comparison why not raise the late picks from other clubs like "google eyes", Rix and the like? Or swapping Black for Fiora....or Barry Brooks for two early picks!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Ho ho (ho?). All the usual suspects are out again for a good old-fashioned GT bash: B4E, JB, Milton 66 (Rod Butterss?) and now my good old mate sRr.

They all claim to be happy about Lyon, the state of the club, etc. They all sometimes use phrases like "GT is gone, move on".

But look closely. It is they who can't move on. Rodgerfox simply has to come on here with a few pretty i'll-considered (to be blunt, just plain wrong) criticisms of Lyon and away we go again. But the tactic isn't to point out the obvious errors in rf's statements. Oh no! It's to embark once again on an endless tirade against the bloke who coached our team from bottom of the table to within a kick of a GF (this in two seasons), who then got sacked for reasons that had not much to do with football and who has now been gone for over 3 years!

There is a strong sense of collective bullying on this forum by a small group: it has a touch of the schoolyardy about it and a touch of Animal Farm as well. Those who try to fight them (eg Stinger) are then themselves accused of being the authors of the trouble.

I think some of these guys somehow believe that they were personally responsible for the demise of GT and the appointment of Lyon (and, as this is an anonymous forum, perhaps some of them - or their relatives - were involved). Hence, they take any suggestion (eg, by plugger66) that GT was even just an ok coach - nothing special, just ok - as affront to them personally.

The mantra goes like this. Our team is successful now because we have a genius coach.

Our team was successful then because our list was so good it could practically coach itself. Except, of course, for Ball: he was no good. And the rucks, and Fergus Watts, and McGough. And all the injuries. Coached itself it did. From the bottom of the table to the top. Happens all the time.

Sigh.......

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
asiu

"The animals were happy as they had never conceived it possible to be.

Every mouthful of food was an acute positive pleasure, now that it was truly their own food, produced by themselves and for themselves, not doled out to them by a grudging master."

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: It's to embark once again on an endless tirade against the bloke who coached our team from bottom of the table to within a kick of a GF (this in two seasons), who then got sacked for reasons that had not much to do with football and who has now been gone for over 3 years!

There is a strong sense of collective bullying on this forum by a small group: it has a touch of the schoolyardy about it and a touch of Animal Farm as well. Those who try to fight them (eg Stinger) are then themselves accused of being the authors of the trouble.

I think some of these guys somehow believe that they were personally responsible for the demise of GT and the appointment of Lyon (and, as this is an anonymous forum, perhaps some of them - or their relatives - were involved). Hence, they take any suggestion (eg, by plugger66) that GT was even just an ok coach - nothing special, just ok - as affront to them personally.

The mantra goes like this. Our team is successful now because we have a genius coach.

Our team was successful then because our list was so good it could practically coach itself. Except, of course, for Ball: he was no good. And the rucks, and Fergus Watts, and McGough. And all the injuries. Coached itself it did. From the bottom of the table to the top. Happens all the time.

Sigh.......
That is just so true it isn't funny.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh dear.

RF just a troll??

Naaaaa....... :roll:
Of course he is. Three quotes of my posts in a rowa in a pitiful attempt to bait and troll.

Really sad to watch as this once wonderful baiter and flame warrior go down hill.

I suppose once the modis opperandi has been exposed, it really is pretty woeful to watch these really quite pathetic posts.

Just dont feed the troll.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Ho ho (ho?). All the usual suspects are out again for a good old-fashioned GT bash: B4E, JB, Milton 66 (Rod Butterss?) and now my good old mate sRr.

They all claim to be happy about Lyon, the state of the club, etc. They all sometimes use phrases like "GT is gone, move on".
And the usual claptrap from a bloke that called for Lyon to be sacked.

Egg on face for you chump.
meher baba wrote:But look closely. It is they who can't move on. Rodgerfox simply has to come on here with a few pretty i'll-considered (to be blunt, just plain wrong) criticisms of Lyon and away we go again. But the tactic isn't to point out the obvious errors in rf's statements. Oh no!
Who responds to that troll?
meher baba wrote: It's to embark once again on an endless tirade against the bloke who coached our team from bottom of the table to within a kick of a GF (this in two seasons), who then got sacked for reasons that had not much to do with football and who has now been gone for over 3 years!
Couldn't even make a GF with the best list in the competition - all due to his pathetic and pitiful management of said list.
meher baba wrote:There is a strong sense of collective bullying on this forum by a small group: it has a touch of the schoolyardy about it and a touch of Animal Farm as well. Those who try to fight them (eg Stinger) are then themselves accused of being the authors of the trouble.

tissue princess?
meher baba wrote:I think some of these guys somehow believe that they were personally responsible for the demise of GT and the appointment of Lyon (and, as this is an anonymous forum, perhaps some of them - or their relatives - were involved).
yes - we all believe that we sway the club with our internet posting on a fan forum. We have that power. The club shivers with fear everytime someone here post something negative about the coach and puts in a plan to do exactly as we require.
meher baba wrote: Hence, they take any suggestion (eg, by plugger66) that GT was even just an ok coach - nothing special, just ok - as affront to them personally.
Yes, I personally sit about waiting to be affronted by such a suggestion. I am affronted that you even quote about the affrontory of GT being even an OK coach.

The gall, the drama, the pathos - of how can I go on when there are others out their with the opinion that GT was an OK coach?
meher baba wrote:The mantra goes like this. Our team is successful now because we have a genius coach.
Our team successful??? How so? Where is the second premiership? Not this season.
meher baba wrote:Our team was successful then because our list was so good it could practically coach itself.
We were as successful then as we are now.
meher baba wrote: Except, of course, for Ball: he was no good.
Who said Ball was no good. But are you suggesting that it wasn't a mistake to take Ball ahead of Judd???
meher baba wrote: And the rucks
yes you are correct
meher baba wrote: and Fergus Watts
again correct

meher baba wrote: and McGough.
three in a row

meher baba wrote:And all the injuries.

Injuries cruelled us completely, but since we have had a competent fitness regime, lets compare soft tissue injuries over the two periods shall we?
meher baba wrote: Coached itself it did. From the bottom of the table to the top. Happens all the time.
When were we top? When did we ever even make a GF under the previous coach. When did we even win a Minor Premiership. Top pfft :roll:

Should have been top, but due to Thomas we weren't.
meher baba wrote:Sigh.......
So you should defender of the indefensible.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

Wow...

Dissected with the skill and precision of a first class forensic scientist and coroner.

Amazing JB, amazing. :D

I think the best option is as you say, to not feed the troll.

What's trully funny about this is that we are collectivelly accused of bullying, and regaled with a basic post expressed with prolix waffle by a poster trying to sound intelligent by using colourful language...

Yet that very same poster who accuses us of being unable to move on, finds himself unable to ignore this garbage to the point of feeling compelled to get on here and defend (as you put it) the indefensible.

That truly is too funny.

He reminds me of that avatar that Everton had of the cartoon where the guy trypes away in anger until he destroys himself.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Wow...

Dissected with the skill and precision of a first class forensic scientist and coroner.

What's trully funny about this is that we are collectivelly accused of bullying, and regaled with a basic post expressed with prolix waffle by a poster trying to sound intelligent by using colourful language...

Yet that very same poster who accuses us of being unable to move on, finds himself unable to ignore this garbage to the point of feeling compelled to get on here and defend (as you put it) the indefensible.

That truly is too funny.

He reminds me of that avatar that Everton had of the cartoon where the guy trypes away in anger until he destroys himself.
You're not comfortable fighting your own battles are you Wayne?

Any chance of you posting something without trying to rally support?

Not a very confident guy are you?

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:

That truly is too funny.

Yes, you are correct. You have figured me out.

Violentstool -1
Wayne- 0

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

That truly is too funny.

Yes, you are correct. You have figured me out.

Violentstool -1
Wayne- 0
Dont feed the troll Milton66 :wink: .

Oh BTW mb is a pretty good poster whom I am pretty hard on. I do respect his opinion, but like to have a bit of an exchange where full and frank views are put.

At least he has the balls to put his opinons on the line, and not Dodge the questions put to him, or dissapear when it gets too hot.... :wink:

Lance or James??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

That truly is too funny.

For someone who refuses to answer questions posed to him, you ask a lot of them yourself :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milton66
SS Life Member

Looks like I don't have to TRY and rally support. It's forthcoming of its own volition. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's goes your argument Rodge. :wink:

Milton66 - 1
Rodgerfox - 0

:D
Last edited by Milton66 on Tue 29 Dec 2009 11:27am, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

That truly is too funny.

For someone who refuses to answer questions posed to him, you ask a lot of them yourself :roll:
I guess the difference is that I don't sook like a child when they don't get answered.