Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Something tells me their sources are pretty good. Certainly better than most on here.
Well, that would indicate things may be about to get worse.
Not sure they can get much worse because i doubt he will play next year. Hope all this has just been a nightmare and will wake up soon and find Lovett BOg in round one.
If he gets charged and it goes to court, etc., it will be worse....

I think him not playing for us again is the least concerning aspect, behind the harm he may have done to a young woman, and then some way behind that the harm he has done the team and Club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Something tells me their sources are pretty good. Certainly better than most on here.
Well, that would indicate things may be about to get worse.
Not sure they can get much worse because i doubt he will play next year. Hope all this has just been a nightmare and will wake up soon and find Lovett BOg in round one.
If he gets charged and it goes to court, etc., it will be worse....

I think him not playing for us again is the least concerning aspect, behind the harm he may have done to a young woman, and then some way behind that the harm he has done the team and Club.
Yes totally true. wasnt thinking that way but you are right.

asiu

behind the harm he may have done to a young woman, and then some way behind that the harm he has done the team and Club.
what about the harm (shame) he has done to himself

matrix
Saintsational Legend

knobsucker
f***wit
asshole
bumlicker
f****** wanker idiot moron poo jabbing toss bag of a whore.

oh
i thought we could basically speak to people like this now
8-)

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:knobsucker
f***wit
asshole
bumlicker
f****** wanker idiot moron poo jabbing toss bag of a whore.

oh
i thought we could basically speak to people like this now
8-)
Awesome matrix, I was planning to throw away my vocabulary too. :wink: :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

any cocksucking tosser what a cuppa?
im boiling the kettle
8-)

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:any cocksucking tosser what a cuppa?
im boiling the kettle
8-)
By the way Old Man McKenzie was the crook. I saw the episode.

And he would have got away it if wasn't for those meddling kids.

Rooby Robby Roo :wink:

asiu

before i declare myself -ocksu-ker .... the question demands to be asked

can u make a decent cup of tea

most poms cant

mohannair
Club Player

After reading today’s Sun it doesn’t look good for Lovet. I suggest sack him & promote Tommy Walsh into senior list. At least we can develop into a good player.
Even if Lovet gets through this there is no certainty that he will get it right hence forth.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:
Spinner wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Lyon scored the best, most professional and 'mature for their ages' list in the league. He's been very fortunate to inherit what he has - cause what he's brought since he's arrived hasn't been much at all.

Riewoldt may as well be Captain/Coach for us - such is the reliance on his leadership (on and off the field) and ability

Turn it up mate.

I like to respect a lot of your posts, but when deliver comments like that its incredibly hard to.
Apart from our injury list, what has improved at the club in the past 3 years?

The same guys go missing in big games.

We've recruited rejects who couldn't perform when it mattered.

We've relied on Riewoldt to win games.

We're mentally fragile on the field.

We have a Plan A (bomb it to Riewoldt) and when that doesn't work, we're rooted.

The fact aside that we had pretty much a full list on the park every time we needed it, what's different to previous years?

Riewoldt's contributions on the field kept us in the hunt in 2009, and his leadership off the field has created the incredibly professional culture that currently exists.
Lyon is riding his coat tails - sadly quite a few are. Most are infact.
You really need to get a life and to stop flogging this 'Lyon is a dud' campaign, because frankly you've become nothing more but the biggest and most predictable bore on this forum.

You criticise Lyon's playing group as being self-coached, yet when the same criticism of Thomas is applied, you immediately dismiss it as 'rubbish'. You say that Lyon's influence on the team is minimal and full-credit has to be given to the playing squad, but when we lose, you hold Lyon completely accountable.

What is it you ever contribute to this forum, apart from hurling cheap shots at the current coach?

I'll tell you what Lyon first inherited at St Kilda, a boy's club. A team programmed to the most one-dimensional game plan possible, injured player's on over-inflated contracts and high-profile recruits who were nothing more than flat-track bullies.

I guess credit must be given, because you've clearly put yourself in a win-win situation, because if Lyon coaches the Saints to premiership, you'll argue that the players were self-coached and that Lyon's influence was trivial at best. But if he doesn't ever coach the Saints to a flag, you can be the first person to say 'I told you so'.

Bad management is bad management
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I guess credit must be given (to RodgerFox), because you've clearly put yourself in a win-win situation, because if Lyon coaches the Saints to premiership, you'll argue that the players were self-coached and that Lyon's influence was trivial at best. But if he doesn't ever coach the Saints to a flag, you can be the first person to say 'I told you so'.
Great post, Sydney Sainter. You picked it in one.

Some posters feel pain by straddling a picket fence while others find a home and derive pleasure, nee excitement by impaling themselves on the pickets.

asiu

.... you've clearly put yourself in a win-win situation

phew 8-)

i love back'n winners

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
mohannair wrote:What baffles me is that How did Lovet get into the room of this alleged victim who was sleeping? As reported in today’s Sun.
and what was she doing sleeping at this house anyway? no cabs home?
these kinds of cases tend to get very messy. ive heard plenty of these tories. just ugly things that shouldn't happen. if it goes to court it will get real ugly.. hes clearly no the sharpest tool in the shed.

i still dont understand why these guys dont employ minders. clearly he needs one between the hours of 12-4am 2 nights a week - thats a 10 odd hour week @ 100 an hour = $50k a year. money well spent to keep his career going. who is his manager???. heaps of people use minders. its not a big deal.
As my daughter would say, OMG. We are now blaming the girl for going to sleep in a house. What the hell is even slightly wrong with that. And why should any grown adult have a minder. i suggest if he needs one he also needs a different club.
Thank you plugger..saved me saying it

I smell a bad case of some people trying to find excuses for him cos he's a St Kilda player. Would you be scratching around for such a pitiful and sad potential explanation of the allegations if he played for anyone else??

No..didnt think so

spot on.......gawd...i'm even agreeing with plugga too.... :shock:

ps......if...and that's really in the hands of others to decide....not the members of this forum.....if he has done what is alleged...the only team he will be playing for wears stripes of a different colour.....prison stripes.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

You bunch of racist xenophobes..... just because he is black you all assume he is guilty before having his day in court.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:You bunch of racist xenophobes..... just because he is black you all assume he is guilty before having his day in court.
You win first prize which is very hard to win on this forum for the stupidest post of the year.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 27 Dec 2009 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu

You win first prize which is very (---------) to win on this forum...

i love the magic word game

how many letters were you think'n 66 ? :)

hope it was 9
difficult ....
means not easy, and particularly denotes that which requires special effort or skill

HarveysDeciple

Saint_in_SA wrote:You bunch of racist xenophobes..... just because he is black you all assume he is guilty before having his day in court.
Your the one who brought up the fact he was black...you sir are the one looking at this as if colour makes him different, your post is ridiculous and you are a racist.

busso mick
Club Player

Xenophobes - please explain?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

everyone is now a racist.

:?: :?: :?:

bahahahahahahahah
yup
rightio

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Idiotic post of the decade. Congratulations.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

Idiotic post of the decade. Congratulations.
So just who does racist xenophobe not like?

Doesn't one cancel the other out?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ignore this post
Last edited by skeptic on Sun 27 Dec 2009 4:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:here's a thought (not an opinion)
lets just say that the truth is that an assualt has occurred

isn't rehabilitating Andrew the best outcome for all parties, that is Andrew, the football club and society as well?
Shouldn't we try?

I'm struck by 1 of the forumites early on in this thread that said wouldn't the right thing to do be to put Lovett on an even shorter leash, stop him from being able to get himself into trouble rather than now completely isolating and abandoning him? Who wins with that outcome?

any thoughts?
We are a footy club not a rehab facility for players who havent even been at the club for 5 minutes.
you missed the point

yes we're in the business of winning premierships

wouldn't a fit and firing Lovett working as hard as he can to get the best out of himself contribute heavily to that???

Isn't that the best outcome?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

really????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
StSteven wrote:
Spinner wrote:
That update isnt a good one.

Dammit.
The act is bad enough but it is the disruption to the "Club harmony" that is so destructive to the teams focus and commitment. Why don't we learn?
Sources say this, a source close to the club said that, source says players may not play with Lovett.

The s.hitest of s.hit journalism on show in this s.hit article.

Absolute s.hit
Something tells me their sources are pretty good. Certainly better than most on here.
Let's hope yours are better than they normally are.