Any report from the Cocktail Party on the Gold Coast??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:Thanks for the udpates, sounds like a good night had by all :D

Yeh i know, seems worthwhile to take a plane to the GC just to go to these functions.

Can anyone go?
Of course, all fans are welcome. We had people who flew down from Cairns just for the function, our fans never cease to amaze me.

As for us, catching a plane to see the Saints is normal part of following our boys. As I am sure many people can relate.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Batnoe

a link from big footy.

i dont know if this member is a saintsational member, but also said Walsh isnt 195cm, which i have said also

you can see in his photo that he isnt as tall as mentioned

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662113

saintnick12
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:a link from big footy.

i dont know if this member is a saintsational member, but also said Walsh isnt 195cm, which i have said also

Checked out the link. Interesting update on Zac Dawson. Hopefully he will be ok. He had worked hard to bulk up and your earlier post indicated he had bulked up more. Interesting different peoples perceptions. The poster mentioned he had a setback..wonder what it was.
Also interesting to hear the poster mention comments made by players regarding Max Hudgton. I am not surprised that players would have had that opinion, but I am surprised they would share it with supporters at a club function, especially when its all water under the bridge now... interesting.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast Cocktail Party

markp wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
A funny thing happend, a friend of ours young son had next years calander which includes a pic of Luke Ball. He got the players to autograph it but on the Luke Ball page they drew horns, glasses etc on him. But the interesting thing was they put $ signs all over him!
Very interesting indeed

To me, this would enhance one side of a recent lengthy arguement on here at the same time as destroying the other !!
There must be some mistake, as we have been told over and over that money had almost nothing to do with it, and that the players were completely fine with what he did and the way he did it.
Great work Batnoe and Saint Bev - thanks very much for the updates.

it actually gives us spoilt Melbourne Saints a feeling of what you guys have all the time - looking for some news when footy starved - Good stuff.

Now the quoted part.

$$$$$$$$$$ signs.

Seems like all we were told as FACT - may not be so.

Seems like Luke Ball was very happy to take the $600k (which others took pay cuts for ) but then walked out on his mates when asked to do the same.

The players truly sound pissed off and it just shows that all this talk about Balls great character means nothing.

Ross Lyon is a good judge of character and Ball has been condemned by his ex teammates.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Seems like Luke Ball was very happy to take the $600k (which others took pay cuts for ) but then walked out on his mates when asked to do the same.
Good point... with the salary cap there is only so much to go around, and the more you get, the less there is for your teammates.

He was getting paid over his worth for years, and when the time came to acknowledge that he walked.

Understandable perhaps, and hardly a crime against humanity, but a mercenary act all the same.

Maxstar22
Club Player

I just received this message from my cousin who is currently watching them train.....

"hey hey cuz... I'm currently sitting watching the sainters train... hope its a good year... on a side note, the coaches of the GC17 team are hear talking to all the players... kingy.. gilbert... looking to snap a few up me thinks ..."

Hmmmmm.....

markp
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:I just received this message from my cousin who is currently watching them train.....

"hey hey cuz... I'm currently sitting watching the sainters train... hope its a good year... on a side note, the coaches of the GC17 team are hear talking to all the players... kingy.. gilbert... looking to snap a few up me thinks ..."

Hmmmmm.....
Kingy?

St Loxton
Club Player

Wouldnt think they would been interested in Kingy, reckon they would be keeping there eyes on Armo.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Well Gilbo is already signed for a few more years..., Kingy could be a potential ruck coach maybe...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Seems like Luke Ball was very happy to take the $600k (which others took pay cuts for ) but then walked out on his mates when asked to do the same.
Good point... with the salary cap there is only so much to go around, and the more you get, the less there is for your teammates.

He was getting paid over his worth for years, and when the time came to acknowledge that he walked.

Understandable perhaps, and hardly a crime against humanity, but a mercenary act all the same.
Which is what most of us have been saying all along, but where are those who defended Luke and said it wasn't about the money?

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: where are those who defended Luke and said it wasn't about the money?
Probably down at filth's training, trying to get a sniff of Ball's jocks....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:

Checked out the link. Interesting update on Zac Dawson. Hopefully he will be ok. He had worked hard to bulk up and your earlier post indicated he had bulked up more. Interesting different peoples perceptions. The poster mentioned he had a setback..wonder what it was.
Also interesting to hear the poster mention comments made by players regarding Max Hudgton. I am not surprised that players would have had that opinion, but I am surprised they would share it with supporters at a club function, especially when its all water under the bridge now... interesting.

I was thinking about the Maxie comments and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't really mean much....

When asked about Max, the players arn't going to come out and say - yeh he didnt deserve to be picked, because the bloke is a club legend.

The token response would be 'yeh he was hard done by'' much like the other 4 or so players that were in contention.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The bloke is MackieSaint on SS if i remember correctly.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Not sure about the height, but his hands look huge... and he's certainly got 'the eye of the tiger'!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:I just received this message from my cousin who is currently watching them train.....

Hmmmmm.....
they are training in the neighbourhood, no wonder they are there. They get a chance to take one uncontracted player from each team so nothing to jump off a bridge over IMO..... armo is the only one I worry about but a good year and opportunities should convince him to sign long term

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Lookinf at the photo, which looks loke the camera was held at an angle, or the ground is sloping, he does indeed look to be 195 or close to it. He is standing beside Daniel Archer (193cm) who is on higher ground, but still does not appear as tall as Tommy Walsh. They are standing behind Nick Winmar (190cm) who must be on higher ground than them.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Looking back at my photos, Walsh would be a smidge taller than James Gwilt.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote: they are training in the neighbourhood, no wonder they are there. They get a chance to take one uncontracted player from each team so nothing to jump off a bridge over IMO..... armo is the only one I worry about but a good year and opportunities should convince him to sign long term
A good year for Armo will also drive up his opinion of self worth and also GC17's interest.

Unfortunately its a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont. Hope we keep him but if we dont, hope we get reasonable compensation and dont just lose him as an uncontracted player.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton