Connors was on fox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Connors was on fox

:"()

L::()
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 26 Nov 2009 8:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't look like he could find two coins to rub together - If I was going to be representing AFL footballers on draft day - at least I would wear a tie

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Doesn't look like he could find two coins to rub together - If I was going to be representing AFL footballers on draft day - at least I would wear a tie
maybe he was getting hot under the collar and the pressure was constricting........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Hang on. The d**khead represents Ball who nominated Collingwood as his club of choice and despite all the bull from everyone else LUKE BALL ENDS UP AT THE MAGPIES.
Maybe just a very good manager.
Draft Tampering anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Would it have killed the interviewers to ask the most obvious question:

Why Collingwood?

I mean, we can speculate, but Connors was right there.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Maybe he can use his newly acquired pay cheque from Luke to take himself to the dentist...

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

He didn't even know that the Pies were flying Luke Ball to the States. Liam Pickering told him and he looked totally surprised. What a potsy!

ace
Saintsational Legend

The sly vermin would feel right at home on Fox.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
goodie
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:He didn't even know that the Pies were flying Luke Ball to the States. Liam Pickering told him and he looked totally surprised. What a potsy!
Probably too busy counting his big fat commission

ace
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:He didn't even know that the Pies were flying Luke Ball to the States. Liam Pickering told him and he looked totally surprised. What a potsy!
Was surprised because he would have expected Collingwood to be flying him to the USA as well.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if there are clubs that refuse to touch a player because of who their manager is? Or is biting off your nose to spite your face? (I hope that's the correct saying :oops: )

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
And so he should. he got the job done for Goose, Bally and McPhee. Where are those people now who said he will lose plenty of clients next year.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Connors was on SEN with KB & Patrick on Friday morning:

1st Question was;

Patrick: Paul, did you manipulate the Draft?

Connors: I don't think we did. We played the game

Make of that what you will !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Connors was on SEN with KB & Patrick on Friday morning:

1st Question was;

Patrick: Paul, did you manipulate the Draft?

Connors: I don't think we did. We played the game

Make of that what you will !!
Yep sounds like great management.

PJ
SS Life Member

Managers will always try and manipulate the system to get their client the best deal - that's not the question here it's more for me about equity - players that are being drafted for the first time have no say where they go but players who have been there and have developed a rep can manipulate it to get where they want. I'm mean what the f**k is that about - a potential draftee can't say I only want to talk to Collingwood? They'd be dead in the water unless they are top ten draft pick. Players are not operating on an equal playing field and they should be.

The bullsh*t game playing needs more control by the AFL - they've been p*ss poor on this one.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Managers will always try and manipulate the system to get their client the best deal - that's not the question here it's more for me about equity - players that are being drafted for the first time have no say where they go but players who have been there and have developed a rep can manipulate it to get where they want. I'm mean what the f**k is that about - a potential draftee can't say I only want to talk to Collingwood? They'd be dead in the water unless they are top ten draft pick. Players are not operating on an equal playing field and they should be.

The bullsh*t game playing needs more control by the AFL - they've been p*ss poor on this one.
Well the other choice is free agency which I think we should have anyway. i would be totally pissed off if I played for a club for 10 years and then realised i may not get a game but couldnt go to the club that really wanted me. If you dont like the system now you will hate free agency. Myself I like the system now but free agency would be better for the players.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:

Well the other choice is free agency which I think we should have anyway. i would be totally pissed off if I played for a club for 10 years and then realised i may not get a game but couldnt go to the club that really wanted me. If you dont like the system now you will hate free agency. Myself I like the system now but free agency would be better for the players.
You really are a wise man. Why are you constantly on this forum?
No one here listens to you. You should go somewhere where you're appreciated.

Another opportunity awaits!
PJ
SS Life Member

i may not get a game but couldnt go to the club that really wanted me
This may lie at the heart of it. Perhaps it's a form of arbitration that is needed. An independent umpire may help end the poker game where one team can call the other clubs bluff instead of fair equitable negotiations. At the moment it's up to the integrity of the individual clubs in their negotiations but they can simply answer by saying it was in the best interests of their club. You can liken it to a business - they function under governing rules but it never stops some greedy people from trying to rort the system and to some extent they are encouraged to do just that. Both Luke and Collingwood new that the way Luke was going about it no one would be interested in picking him up - @ 500k without even a discussion it's too risky. If a player, a manger and a club get together and form an aliance that calculates how to further their collective interests regardless of the players current employer is that above board?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:

You really are a wise man. Why are you constantly on this forum?
No one here listens to you. You should go somewhere where you're appreciated.
As I said many times before, to help educate people on here who have no idea about footy. Unlike some people I want to give back and help people understand the game so when they go to the footy they appreciate it more. Is there anything you need to know?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Gotta laugh at people who make out they know everything ^^^, which they clearly don't.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Gotta laugh at people who make out they know everything ^^^, which they clearly don't.
I must say some of your posts do make me laugh. is there anything you need to know while I am at it?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Gotta laugh at people who make out they know everything ^^^, which they clearly don't.
I must say some of your posts do make me laugh. is there anything you need to know while I am at it?
Yes are you Paul Connors?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yes are you Paul Connors?
Actually I have asked him that before :shock:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I gotta hand it to you Tugger...no one ropes them in quite like you do...

keep up the bad work...... :lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Connors was on Fox

dwayne russel was on AW

Who was on first

:lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?: