fox telecast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shoreline
Club Player

fox telecast

What alot of crap, SEN much better

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I can hardly read the names on the screen.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Its garbage

Statsman
Club Player

Marvellous coverage isn't it? They spent the entire second round reminiscing about 20 years ago when Lynch, Pickering and Dunstall were drafted. Who cares? :roll:

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
SaintWodonga
Club Player

terrible.. all about egos.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

where are the interviews with clubs post selections?

and now people could concentrate on how the guys got to where they are...

as SEN are.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

I tuned in to see the kids and expected each pick to be followed with a highlights package... but instead, you couldnt even hear them calling the names and on several times they didnt even show the names properly...

Poor effort...

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Shite coverage. Had to get my six year old with a magnifying glass to stand next to the TV to let me know what club got the next pick.
I wanted to see the draft, not piggy Dunstall. What a poor effort.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
GrumpyOne

Agree with all the above. P1ss poor effort by Fox and the AFL.

Where was the drama of selection? Where was the insightful commentary by Shifter on the selections as they happened? The ten to one countdown just didn't work.

All we got was Bung and mates banging on about the good old days.

Cr@p.

boneless23
Club Player

Fox spoilt the whole draft for me. I was looking forward to it all week and they stuffed it up.

Why wouldn't you just televise the picks as they are announced??

I hope they get the complaints that their coverage deserved.

ace
Saintsational Legend

No draft coverage, just a bunch of bloated egotistical talking heads.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Scoop
Club Player

Agree with all of the above - absolute crap.

I felt sorry for Shifter wedged in between the massive egos.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
shoreline
Club Player

Ended up turning Foxtel volume down and SEN up, complete with the draft tracker on the net. Very happy with all selections. Go Sainters

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

and................we PAY for that chyt :evil: :twisted: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

yipper
SS Life Member

Easily the worst bit of footy coverage Fox has ever done. Very frustrating television. And it really started so well

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't believe it when they chose to leave the live draft 17 to 30 for interviews with Scully and his mom...and yes Eastern we pay for this shyte!!! :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I dont see what the problem was. What is the point of having a camera on a table for 2 minuttes while they work out who they are picking when we can read it at the bottom of the screen. i would rather hear from the family of a drafted person to see their feelings of their son being drafted. Anyway it is easily fixed. you turn the TV off and listen to the radio. Then you should be happy as you will hear people speak all the time.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I dont see what the problem was. What is the point of having a camera on a table for 2 minuttes while they work out who they are picking when we can read it at the bottom of the screen. i would rather hear from the family of a drafted person to see their feelings of their son being drafted. Anyway it is easily fixed. you turn the TV off and listen to the radio. Then you should be happy as you will hear people speak all the time.
So by that theory the Brownlow telecast should, instead of showing ROunds 8-15, have Shane Woewodin, Barry Round and Peter Moore blathering away about their past glories while the count just carries on behind them? A nice 5 min piece with Adam Cooneys new wife perhaps?

I wonder if Fox maybe thought that the parents watching might like to SEE their kids names read out, rather than have to suddenly dive for a radio cos Tom Scully and his mum are more important than them

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I dont see what the problem was. What is the point of having a camera on a table for 2 minuttes while they work out who they are picking when we can read it at the bottom of the screen. i would rather hear from the family of a drafted person to see their feelings of their son being drafted. Anyway it is easily fixed. you turn the TV off and listen to the radio. Then you should be happy as you will hear people speak all the time.
So by that theory the Brownlow telecast should, instead of showing ROunds 8-15, have Shane Woewodin, Barry Round and Peter Moore blathering away about their past glories while the count just carries on behind them? A nice 5 min piece with Adam Cooneys new wife perhaps?

I wonder if Fox maybe thought that the parents watching might like to SEE their kids names read out, rather than have to suddenly dive for a radio cos Tom Scully and his mum are more important than them
So seeing the face of a recruiter saying a name is good TV. I would rather hear how a family feel about their son being a number one pick.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Spot on Michael...Are you for real Plugger or just taking the piss for a reaction???

If you are serious then I am am genuinely sorry for you...if you are taking the piss...the gag is getting very boring and get a life!! :x

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Spot on Michael...Are you for real Plugger or just taking the piss for a reaction???

If you are serious then I am am genuinely sorry for you...if you are taking the piss...the gag is getting very boring and get a life!! :x
Sorry for me because I dont want to see a name being read out after talking to themselves for 2 minutes. You really are an ordinary person with little knowledge of life. However unlike you I dont feel sorry for you.

xander
Club Player

The Coverage of the draft was terrible. When we drafted Smith one of the idiots thought the kangas had redrafted him he was paying so little attention :roll:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

May,be oneday you can say that to my face Plugger ..we'll see who the ordinary person is...anytime baby :twisted:

boneless23
Club Player

FFS Plugger, we have the next 15 years to hear from Scully and his mum.

The draft is on for 1 hour every year and a group of blokes talked over the top of it.

If they had of discussed the current picks that would have been almost bearable but to hear Liam Pickeing talk about his draft made me want to throw the remote through the TV.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:May,be oneday you can say to my face Plugger..we'll see who the ordinary person is...anytime baby :twisted:
Is that a threat or do you just want to meet me so you can learn a thing or 2 about life and footy.