Ball likely to become a Demon - whether he likes it or not

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Or Melbourne may have absolutely no intention of taking him but just want to 'scare' another Club (Port Adelaide) into using an earlier pick on him, thereby maybe leaving a kid they're looking at still available at 11 or 18?

I am sure that Luke Ball would find an early pick from Port Adelaide at pick 9 very pleasing.
It would be a strong boost to his self esteem that he can still go top 10.
We all know how keen footballers are to get to wear the Port Power guernsey.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

PS: Secret is out: I am very biased towards St Kilda FC.

Apologies to all for whom this was new information to.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
. You have revealed your bias just then with that one eye open and you have directed a general comment from the AFL to Ball and his manager.
Now that is funny.

Only Plugger66 cannot see the connection between the AFL issuing this "reminder" and Ball and his managers actions.

Of course the AFL as a corporate entity are careful to keep it's utterances general.
Well if it was directed at him what has Bally and his manager done differently since. if it is nothing then it looks like he is getting a 23 month holiday.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:However even though you believe "you have both eyes open" you cannot see what is clear because you are clearly biased or enjoy trolling or are both.
Amusing how a bloke like P66 can be so one eyed and still have both open :D

Apparently, even though this is a forum to discuss relevant topics pertaining to St.Kilda, P66 continuse to belittle and degrade and attempt to stifle discussion because he doesn't want to counternence any other view than his own.

Instead of using sweeping generalisations like "poster who now cant stand Ball" and others like "according to posters here Ball is the worst player ever to lace on a boot", hows about at least attempting to see more than one POV?

We speculate and discuss and give opinions on here, if you dont like it, dont post on a topic.

You do know you are not the keeper of the truth or the voice of reason dont you?

Oh and your analogy comparing a speculative puff piece on football and a report on a fatal car accident was offensive and inappropriate.

Please dont attempt to force anybody to conform with you singular POV.

The prevailing orthodoxy has always been challenged in a democracy, nobody saying it is the truth, just a possibility.

Why won't you allow others to think and opine differently to you?
I will answer your last question. Because they are clearly wrong. :wink:
All very good to wink P66.

It becomes tiresome that you seem to need to take up an alternate position on whatever is being discussed.

As far as Luke Ball goes. I have listened to the information coming out over the past two months and have made my own conclusions.

If they were contrary to yours do I suddenly "hate"" Luke Ball? Do I reckon he suddenly is the "qworst player in the world".

See i dont understand your need to stifle others opinion.

I do understand some of the hysterical posts by some who are all for the club and against Ball and vica versa, but why question quality (IMHO) posters like MM and SrR?

Anyway too early to have this. Have a nice day :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Or Melbourne may ahve absolutely no intention of taking him but just wanqt to 'scare' another Club (Port Adelaide) into using an earlier pick on him, thereby maybe leaving a kid they're looking at still available at 11 or 18?
Is there an agenda on everything written about in the paper? Maybe they do actually want him.
And maybe they don't?

There quite possibly is an agenda from Melbourne FC that is being accurately reported (for once) by the newspaper.
I don't know either way, and neither probably do you.
I certainly wouldnt have a clue but I choose to read the paper and listen to radio and TV and think that most times they are telling the truth or close to it. i would hate to be the people who think most stories are lies. A man dies in a road crash. imagine thinking why did they say that, whats the agenda
How you can equate a reporter reporting on a fatal car crash with a sports journalist reporting on a football story has me puzzled.

Maybe a late night and a severe hangover.
Remember he has admitted to form with the coppers.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well if it was directed at him what has Bally and his manager done differently since. if it is nothing then it looks like he is getting a 23 month holiday.
LOL..

1/ I actually took it more as a reminder to all the non-Pies Clubs that they can take him if they want despite Ball's refusal to talk to them , as otherwise Ball would have to stand out of AFL for two seasons which at his age and career stage he would not do. Besides he would want the $600K plaus!!!

2/ After that I took it as a reminder to all other players to not pull the same crap that Ball and his manager are pulling.

Sorry to shatter your illusion that there can only be one reason for doing something!!!
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 22 Nov 2009 9:16am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:However even though you believe "you have both eyes open" you cannot see what is clear because you are clearly biased or enjoy trolling or are both.
Amusing how a bloke like P66 can be so one eyed and still have both open :D

Apparently, even though this is a forum to discuss relevant topics pertaining to St.Kilda, P66 continuse to belittle and degrade and attempt to stifle discussion because he doesn't want to counternence any other view than his own.

Instead of using sweeping generalisations like "poster who now cant stand Ball" and others like "according to posters here Ball is the worst player ever to lace on a boot", hows about at least attempting to see more than one POV?

We speculate and discuss and give opinions on here, if you dont like it, dont post on a topic.

You do know you are not the keeper of the truth or the voice of reason dont you?

Oh and your analogy comparing a speculative puff piece on football and a report on a fatal car accident was offensive and inappropriate.

Please dont attempt to force anybody to conform with you singular POV.

The prevailing orthodoxy has always been challenged in a democracy, nobody saying it is the truth, just a possibility.

Why won't you allow others to think and opine differently to you?
I will answer your last question. Because they are clearly wrong. :wink:
All very good to wink P66.

It becomes tiresome that you seem to need to take up an alternate position on whatever is being discussed.

As far as Luke Ball goes. I have listened to the information coming out over the past two months and have made my own conclusions.

If they were contrary to yours do I suddenly "hate"" Luke Ball? Do I reckon he suddenly is the "qworst player in the world".

See i dont understand your need to stifle others opinion.

I do understand some of the hysterical posts by some who are all for the club and against Ball and vica versa, but why question quality (IMHO) posters like MM and SrR?

Anyway too early to have this. Have a nice day :D
Im sure MM and SR are happy you are sticking up for them but like myself they are probably big and ugly enough to look after themselves. Also have I ever said you hate Ball. Some do and I will continue to say that is pathetic IMO. As for the alternative position well sorry but this is a forum and if I think what a person has written is wrong IMO I will say it or should we just have a big love in. how boring would that be. Lets face it half if not more of peoples posts are because we are questioning someone else.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Or Melbourne may ahve absolutely no intention of taking him but just wanqt to 'scare' another Club (Port Adelaide) into using an earlier pick on him, thereby maybe leaving a kid they're looking at still available at 11 or 18?
Anyway back on this..

I too found the Dee's statement odd. I mean why would you bother stating it?

For example when I play games.... I do not tell my opponents my exactly my intentions before.

But yes I might try and bluff someone...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think it is to send a message to Ball afterall a young player Melbourne might be looking at probably isnt the same as the one Port Adelaide are looking at.

PJ
SS Life Member

....and the topic is?

Is Luke Ball the love child of Donald Trump? or can posters catch diseases from too many posts? or does your chewing gum lose it's flavour......

I personally think MM is close to the money Melbourne are in a win, win position they either get Ball who they rate or force someone else to use a pick. It's a bit of a lottery really and isn't that what the draft is supposed to be as opposed to a system where by players can select their chosen destination. silence suggests someone or somebodies are playing their cards close to their chest - who's got the best poker face?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Anyway back on this..

I too found the Dee's statement odd. I mean why would you bother stating it?

For example when I play games.... I do not tell my opponents my exactly my intentions before.

But yes I might try and bluff someone...
As I said on a previous thread - Chris Connollly stood up at a sponsors dinner in front of 80 people at my local footy club on WEdnesday night and stated that if luke Ball was available by pick 18 the dees would take him regardless of whether he wants to play with them or not. Wouldn't be surprised if someone in the room leaked that to the press and it went from there. THey know who theywant to get with their first 3 picks apparently - the 4th is saved for Ball if he's still available.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

media doing the circle dance like the rest of us, trying to get someone to come out and say it like it really is- rather than say nothing. as Connors, Ball and the Saints have done.

comments only because they are from the best scrouncher out there- Hutchy- by fair means or foul Connors players always get where they want...........
But he's not sure WHY McPhee wanted to go back to Freo,

I'd ask- Goose Wanted to stay at the Saints- did he get where he wanted....

and if Ball Does get to the Pies who or what are the winners or losers in this?

Winners; Ball wins- he gets his money and his club
Connors wins- his methods almost become legitimate
Pies win they get a decent player who can TEACH some of their players lots about community service.

Losers; St Kilda lose a valued member
St Kilda supporters feel cheated
Ball's character is questioned now- he comes out as a mercenary.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
older saint
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:Melbourne were always going to come out with this stance to prevent them looking like pussies.

Whether it eventuates is a different story.

Im going to the draft on Thursday (thank you herald sun competition) and ill be waiting for the, "we wern't scared, we just didnt rate him worth pick 11 or 18 excuse".

If he goes to Melbourne, its a pity too because they could have taken him with their preseason pick and still get the benefit of keeping 11 and 18.

Could he effectively screw two clubs at the same time?
Not really as Melb has committed to j McDonald for pick1 pre season, hence why he has not nominated for National draft. Melbourne are doing what StKilda did back in blight time, high draft picks and recruits from other clubs. Ball enjoy getting these guys better so you can watch fromthe side with your broken body as they reap the rewards in 4-5 years time

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Geez it must be tough being a player manager.

On the one hand we have Paul Connors the manager of Luke Ball refusing to talk with the Demons because Ball wants to go only to Collingwood. He's not even prepared to talk to Melbourne and goes overseas to avoid talking to anybody.
So Connors is left to do the 'dirty work' of explaining to Melbourne why Luke Ball doesn't want to go to them, and is not interested in even speaking with them to find out what they are prepared to offer him. They're not even worhty of a conversation.

Then you have Paul Connors the manager of probably half a dozen Demon players (inclusing Watts? and Blease). I wonder how the Melbourne FC will respond to him when he requests meetings for his other players?

Or what he tells his players already at Melbourne to explain why Melbourne FC is not even worthy of a conversation for Ball and yet is their 'best option'?

There may well be far ranging ramifications for Connors down the track from this 'Luke Ball Tactic' that he has employed to try and engineer an outcome.

So what happens at first day of training for Luke if Melbourne select him?
Does he wander up to those other Connors clients and let them know that he didn't consider their Club worthy of even talking to?
Or does he tell them it was 'just business' and that Connors stuffed it up with Collingwood?
Probably he'll just blame Ross Lyon and St Kilda for what transpired.
Afterall, Jon Ralph wrote that it was Lyon and St Kilda who 'told him to leave'. And we know that journalists never get stories wrong, don't we.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I believe the story has changed with Melbourne suggesting that they might take Luke with pick 11.

Remember, StKilda has been lambasted by many media commentators for NOT accepting Collingwood's offer/s of pick 25 (WHICH THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO TRADE) or pick 30 yet Melbourne seem to be prepared to give up pick 11 for him when they could have negotiated to get him for NOTHING via the pre-season Draft had the collective egos of the Ball camp allowed him to speak to Melbourne.

The situation as I now see it is that "The Ball Camp" has screwed over the club he is leaving and the club he is going to, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Paul Connors and Collingwood. I believe there is/was a MOU between Connors/Ball and Collingwood that may never again see the light of day

If Luke does go to Melbourne at pick 11 or pick 18 I believe that his manager needs to explain "their" actions to the footy world (although I very much doubt this will occur). I would also think that there is a growing list of AFL clubs who would not be all that keen to deal with Mr Connors !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintnick12
Club Player

I would think that Chris Connolly would come out of this badly if the Dees do not end up picking Luke Ball at pick 18 if he is still available. To come out so strongly as his comments in the Age article. It will appear that if they don't then it will be because he has been over ruled by Bailey and Schwab who are overseas. He has stated that they have prepared all the information and that it needs to be rubber stamped by everyone involved. He has even gone into detail as to why they are prepared to pick him against his will etc etc. If they don't pick Ball at 18 and he is still available, that makes Connolly look a bit silly in my opinion and undermines his credibility. They had no need to come out and make such strong statements, unless they really are intending to pick him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Geez it must be tough being a player manager.

On the one hand we have Paul Connors the manager of Luke Ball refusing to talk with the Demons because Ball wants to go only to Collingwood. He's not even prepared to talk to Melbourne and goes overseas to avoid talking to anybody.
So Connors is left to do the 'dirty work' of explaining to Melbourne why Luke Ball doesn't want to go to them, and is not interested in even speaking with them to find out what they are prepared to offer him. They're not even worhty of a conversation.

Then you have Paul Connors the manager of probably half a dozen Demon players (inclusing Watts? and Blease). I wonder how the Melbourne FC will respond to him when he requests meetings for his other players?

Or what he tells his players already at Melbourne to explain why Melbourne FC is not even worthy of a conversation for Ball and yet is their 'best option'?

There may well be far ranging ramifications for Connors down the track from this 'Luke Ball Tactic' that he has employed to try and engineer an outcome.

So what happens at first day of training for Luke if Melbourne select him?
Does he wander up to those other Connors clients and let them know that he didn't consider their Club worthy of even talking to?
Or does he tell them it was 'just business' and that Connors stuffed it up with Collingwood?
Probably he'll just blame Ross Lyon and St Kilda for what transpired.
Afterall, Jon Ralph wrote that it was Lyon and St Kilda who 'told him to leave'. And we know that journalists never get stories wrong, don't we.
He will not be going to Melbourne because Melbourne only said they may want him so Port take him apparently. Got to laugh about the comment of Bally wandering up to clients of Connors. Why would he do that? you seem to think players will take it personally if he ends up at melbourne and they will be upset. they arent supporters. they are there to do their best and if they get another good player they will be happy because it can only improve the club. By the way i wouldnt think the club would have any problems with player managers who ever they are because unlike some on here they know there job is to do what the player wants and try to get the best deal. we have had issues with Ricky Nixon before but who did the best young Irish recruit go to?

Clubs are a business and supporters are barrackers. thats why the see things differently.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

IIRC Connors was reported to have met with Melbourne officials on the final day of the Trade Period, after negotiations between St Kilda & Connors/Collingwood broke down.

Connors was quick to jump at that chance for a meeting. Something must have hapened at/since for the "Ball Camp" to refuse to speak with Melbourne, or could there be another reason that we are not meant to know about? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't care less about the toing and froing in this thread.. Bottom line for me is that Ball has shown himself to be a puffed up little princess. F*ck him. I hope he does have to sit out for 23 months.

santazzi
Club Player

As i have stated in another post my thinking is that "Thanks for the good times ball. Good luck in the future". The end.

How ever I haveviews as to where he should and should not go.

1. He must not go to the Pies. They were bullies and mean at trade negotiation and they must not be rewarded. If they get him I will be greatly annoyed, not because we got nothing for our principled stand but because a bully has been rewarded. And this is not good for footy.

2. I want him to go to the Demons rather than the Bombers, the Lions or the Pies, because the intellectual property he takes with him (details of our game plan, training rgime etc) is less damaging to us in the hands of the Demons.

asiu

Some people still think 9/11 was instigated by George Bush.

nuh

that puppet was kept out of the way , on the day

look to he who was controlling N.O.R.A.D

luke ball was 2ic on that operation i think

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Is there an agenda on everything written about in the paper? Maybe they do actually want him.
And maybe they don't?

There quite possibly is an agenda from Melbourne FC that is being accurately reported (for once) by the newspaper.
I don't know either way, and neither probably do you.
I certainly wouldnt have a clue but I choose to read the paper and listen to radio and TV and think that most times they are telling the truth or close to it. i would hate to be the people who think most stories are lies. A man dies in a road crash. imagine thinking why did they say that, whats the agenda
Some journalists seem happy enough to just report the news.
Others seem more intent on creating it.

How you can equate a reporter reporting on a fatal car crash with a sports journalist reporting on a football story has me puzzled.But then it is Sunday morning and you have to fill in time until 9am when you can call up the AFL and check out about teh 'draft tampering memo'.
beat me to it MM

to use that comparison

:roll: :roll:
My point was that some people will not beleive anything written in the paper even if it something like a fatel car crash. they think there are agendas for everything and I wonder why a person would even read the paper or listen to the media if that is the case. Some people still think 9/11 was instigated by George Bush.

Its the same with the Luke Ball rubbish. Some with one eye open and now cannot stand Ball think the saints copped the raw deal and others with both eyes opened and couldnt give a stuff about Bally leaving or staying think the reporting in most cases is balanced. Its the old we are getting picked on mentality.
no ones that stupid to believe that that moron could even use a f****** phone let alone orchestrate a mass culling

i hope he goes to Melb
i hope they get another spoon
i hope he hates life
greed is everyones downfall

take ya private school ego and **** off :)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
i hope he goes to Melb
i hope they get another spoon
i hope he hates life
greed is everyones downfall

take ya private school ego and **** off :)

What he said

ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I believe the story has changed with Melbourne suggesting that they might take Luke with pick 11.

Remember, StKilda has been lambasted by many media commentators for NOT accepting Collingwood's offer/s of pick 25 (WHICH THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO TRADE) or pick 30 yet Melbourne seem to be prepared to give up pick 11 for him when they could have negotiated to get him for NOTHING via the pre-season Draft had the collective egos of the Ball camp allowed him to speak to Melbourne.

The situation as I now see it is that "The Ball Camp" has screwed over the club he is leaving and the club he is going to, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Paul Connors and Collingwood. I believe there is/was a MOU between Connors/Ball and Collingwood that may never again see the light of day

If Luke does go to Melbourne at pick 11 or pick 18 I believe that his manager needs to explain "their" actions to the footy world (although I very much doubt this will occur). I would also think that there is a growing list of AFL clubs who would not be all that keen to deal with Mr Connors !!

There can be only 6 reasons for Melbourne to even contemplate taking Ball at 11 instead of 18.
They are
Carlton pick 12
Adelaide pick 13
Sydney pick 14
Bulldogs pick 15 - not likely with their salary cap issues
Port Adelaide 16
Geelong pick 17 - not likely with their salary cap issues.

Of those only Carlton, Sydney, Port Adelaide have turned over enough players to possibly have enough room in their salary caps.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, Connolly said maybe pick 11. I suspect they will take him with pick 18 !!