contracts to be extended to saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

contracts to be extended to saints

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/spor ... 12,00.html

ball now names collingwood or essendon as to where he want to go

saints have more more to extend contracts.............

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What the hell is going on - ifs the draft - not a bloody preference system.

Good to see the contract extensions. Hope we don't over compensate one season to the effect that it haunts us down the track.

Melbourne need to go full steam at this. But I've got a feeling he may sook his way out of it.
Last edited by Spinner on Sat 14 Nov 2009 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I believe Ball has been conned by Connors that he can still get to Collingwood. There is noway he will spend a year out and still have a chance not to play at Collingwood.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ball looks ridiculous out of this IMO. IF he didnt wanna play at Saints hed have been better off saying so straight up, advising Lyon and Co any further chats were pointless....but now picking and choosing Collingwood/Essendon kinda smacks that Luke feels he "belongs" at the so called "power clubs".

I read Ross Lyon was an excellent judge of people somewhere from an ex Swans player?..........I think he mightve been on the money and seen through ole Lukey boy....

Cmon Melbourne grow some balls and draft him...

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

becoming his own story
And his agent, Paul Connors, is doing all he can to sway Ball their way.

Connors is working feverishly to discourage other clubs taking his client and has refused to discuss or meet several clubs in his path.

Historically, the powerful player agent has got his way.

Industry sources say some clubs have been left with the perception Ball might take 12 months off and travel overseas if taken by them.

Connors this week nominated confidential terms to the AFL for Ball to be taken in the national draft. He is believed to be asking $500,000 a season in years one and two of a three-year contract.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
S.A Saint
Club Player

To be honest i couldn't really give a shite where he ends up...i just hope when we play that team that someone cleans him up for good...has been a selfish bastard throughout this whole process...good riddance

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Shame he couldn't have opened up to the idea of a trade to another club during trade week. The guy waits until the first day of trade week is over to make his decision, then chooses one team and only one team. By that point the Jolly deal was all but done and a number of others were well on their way to being completed. Then he's crying when his club of choice won't give up more than a mid-second and a GOP for him.

I don't have a problem with him wanting out. It's the special treatment he wants that really bugs me.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
S.A Saint
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Shame he couldn't have opened up to the idea of a trade to another club during trade week. The guy waits until the first day of trade week is over to make his decision, then chooses one team and only one team. By that point the Jolly deal was all but done and a number of others were well on their way to being completed. Then he's crying when his club of choice won't give up more than a mid-second and a GOP for him.

I don't have a problem with him wanting out. It's the special treatment he wants that really bugs me.
agree with you...players come and go in every sport its just the manner in which they leave that pisses you off...if a deal got done between luke and another club during trade week and we got compensated accordingly then i would be upset or angry about it...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Shame he couldn't have opened up to the idea of a trade to another club during trade week. The guy waits until the first day of trade week is over to make his decision, then chooses one team and only one team. By that point the Jolly deal was all but done and a number of others were well on their way to being completed. Then he's crying when his club of choice won't give up more than a mid-second and a GOP for him.

this

Milton66
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Ball looks ridiculous out of this IMO. IF he didnt wanna play at Saints hed have been better off saying so straight up, advising Lyon and Co any further chats were pointless....but now picking and choosing Collingwood/Essendon kinda smacks that Luke feels he "belongs" at the so called "power clubs".

I read Ross Lyon was an excellent judge of people somewhere from an ex Swans player?..........I think he mightve been on the money and seen through ole Lukey boy....

Cmon Melbourne grow some balls and draft him...
No doubt he wants the best out his career financially, but it certainly doing his cred much good, is it?

Interesting to see where he ends up... but who gives a stuff any more.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

But Luke ball is a St.Kilda hero according to the luminaries on this forum and antyone who criticises him is not a true supporter or some such waffle.

Sounds like Ball and his manager is manipulating the draft.

Hope Melbourne calls this egotists bluff :roll:

But he is such a greaty guy with a great character, at least we keep gettign told. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

I hope some club calls for an investigation into draft tampering.

If an agent or player threatens not to play at any club having nominated for the National Draft it is draft tampering.
If a club encourages a player to behave like that it is also draft tampering.

Sadly it will take a public outcry from a spurned club to force the AFL to conduct even a sham investigation.

The AFL wants Ball to get to a club of his choosing so that they can tell the AFLPA that free agency is not required, players get where they want anyhow.

AFL an abbreviation for ............
Tell us it ain't so Plugger.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:But Luke ball is a St.Kilda hero according to the luminaries on this forum and antyone who criticises him is not a true supporter or some such waffle.

But he is such a greaty guy with a great character, at least we keep gettign told. :roll:
Clearly.

And trying to be as anti-baised as I can be, but as a Melbourne supporter I would fully support a "Ball will be playing for Melbourne next year, or not at all stance."

Sends a message to the rest of the competition. Risk involved, and Ball could call their bluff.....but no one would think any less of the club for taking a strong stance.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:But Luke ball is a St.Kilda hero according to the luminaries on this forum and antyone who criticises him is not a true supporter or some such waffle.

I would totally go the other way but maybe that is because I have actually looked at most of the posts and decided I dont agee with most of them. The way I see it is most people now think Ball is overated but are still pissed off he is leaving. That does confuse me because if I thought a player was overated I would hope he is definately leaving.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 15 Nov 2009 7:02am, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

This whole situation could be named:

The Ball-sup of the Century.

It would almost make a good b-grade movie.

He's gone and while I tried to be fair in my comments early on, I don't care now. He made it clear, right from the start, that he wanted to leave us and the whole thing has turned into a schmozzle with even the bottom club unsure whether they want him. They made their bed.....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I would totally go the other way but maybe that is because I have actually looked at most of the posts and decided I dont agee with most of them. The way I see it is most people now think Ball is overated but are still pissed off he is leaving. That does confuse me because if I thought a player was overated I would hope he is definately leaving.
Really I think Kosi's overrated but I don't want him to go...
Guess SOME people follow the players and not the club, when a player leaves and holds the club to ransom, this is what happenes...
I suppose some people just like to hero worship players and can't see their faults...

falka
Club Player

Why didn't he say Essendon in the first place. Maybe we could have swapped for Lovett (maybe give them an upgrade of a later pick to go with)

Hope he gets drafted interstate, sits out for a year. That will do him the world of good. Connors would enjoy his 5% of that contract i'm sure.

I've moved on, Go Saints.

backit
Club Player

Don't underestimate the resolve of Michael Voss to draft Ball whether he likes it or not according to the Age.

"LUKE Ball's chances of becoming a Magpie are getting slimmer by the day with Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss confirming that the club would attempt to recruit the former Saint whether he wanted to move north or not."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/vo ... 34192.html

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So Ball is trying to get to a couple of clubs. What is wrong with that. If Melbourne have the guts they will still pick him up and of course he will play. He isnt going to take a year off. And to those who think he left for money well that now clearly isnt the case if we choose to believe what was in the paper that he wants 500k for 2 years and 75 for the third year. Hardly any difference to what we apparently offered him over 3 years.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ball can go flog himself as far as I am concerned.

Just another mercinary in the Barry Hall mould.

Cant wait for CJ to tag the shyte out of him wherever he ends up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Ball can go flog himself as far as I am concerned.

Why is he a mercinary. Is it because he believed that he may struggle for games and game time at the Saints so he decided to leave. Dont see how you are a mercinary for that.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

If other Clubs didn't bother to tag him last season, why would we?
I'm sure wheever he ends up there'll be more dangerous players for CJ to be sent to.

Maybe he can go head to head with Lenny?

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So Ball is trying to get to a couple of clubs. What is wrong with that. If Melbourne have the guts they will still pick him up and of course he will play. He isnt going to take a year off. And to those who think he left for money well that now clearly isnt the case if we choose to believe what was in the paper that he wants 500k for 2 years and 75 for the third year. Hardly any difference to what we apparently offered him over 3 years.
$1,075,000 is still 20% more than St Kilda's $300,000 a year for 3 years.
Nice to hear from you again Paul Connors' secretary.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The umpires should have a priority pick.

Once they have got him, they could use him for bouncing practice.

suss
Club Player

CJ usually goes to the oppositions best player, that won't be Ball, regardless of which club he ends up with.

He most likely go head to head with Hayes or Dal Santo. No doubt Ball would gets lots of tackles - that tends to happen when you don't have the ball.