Character: Dal Santo and Milne v Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Character: Dal Santo and Milne v Ball

Fair Point or different circumstances?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
yipper
SS Life Member

That is an interesting question. Both players got the exact same kick up the cliber that Bally got, yet the responses have been quite significantly different!! That Dal totally knuckled down and worked harder to regain his elite status in 2009 was just a fantastic statement from the young man. So to Milne, he worked just as hard - possibly even harder than Dal, and although again disappointing in the finals, he was a true star for us. Ball?? well he decides he can't get a game with us and leaves!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Different players IMO.

I'd probably compare / contrast Ball with Aussie Jones.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
markp
Saintsational Legend

Ironically it's the response many predicted would come from Dal, and so few from Ball.

Milton66
SS Life Member

markp wrote:Ironically it's the response many predicted would come from Dal, and so few from Ball.
true

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Ironically it's the response many predicted would come from Dal, and so few from Ball.
Yep.

Too much pride perhaps might be the difference?

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's GT's fault.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Must admit I definitely fall into this category, I can't believe it's panned out this way...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Must admit I definitely fall into this category, I can't believe it's panned out this way...
Well does this mean we have been spun a yarn by the Ball camp about his "character"???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Well does this mean we have been spun a yarn by the Ball camp about his "character"???
No I think it means he was worried about being good enough to get a game next season.

sainterjo
Club Player

[quote="yipper"]That is an interesting question. Both players got the exact same kick up the cliber that Bally got, yet the responses have been quite significantly different!! quote]

It's Khyber. Khyber Pass.

I wished he'd been kicked much harder .

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:
yipper wrote:That is an interesting question. Both players got the exact same kick up the cliber that Bally got, yet the responses have been quite significantly different!! quote]

It's cliber in Gippsland. And don't you forget it :roll: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
No I think it means he was worried about being good enough to get a game next season.
So when RL said to him face to face that Rl believed him to be in the first 22, he didn't believe him?

Lance or James??

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

joffaboy wrote: So when RL said to him face to face that Rl believed him to be in the first 22, he didn't believe him?
$adly not, $o it $eem$

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
sainterjo wrote:
yipper wrote:That is an interesting question. Both players got the exact same kick up the cliber that Bally got, yet the responses have been quite significantly different!! quote]

It's cliber in Gippsland. And don't you forget it :roll: :lol: :wink: !!
Ok,ok. We country folk don spill to gooden!!! I was typing fast and couldn't remember the word I wanted. So I invented one - like good country folk do!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
So when RL said to him face to face that Rl believed him to be in the first 22, he didn't believe him?
Dont know and also dont know he actually said those words.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Now, my memory might be fading in my old age but I seem to recall that Vodafone were not happy with St Kilda a few years ago because they were one of our major sponsors whilst Luke Ball goes off and gets himself a "personal" deal with Telstra. Can someone with a better memory than I let us know exactly what hapened back then !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Top4King
Club Player

Re: Character: Dal Santo and Milne v Ball

joffaboy wrote:Fair Point or different circumstances?
different individuals. NDS is actually a top bloke! Milney I will never understand lol. Bally is an arrogant blue arsed fly.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Top4King wrote:
different individuals. NDS is actually a top bloke! Milney I will never understand lol. Bally is an arrogant blue arsed fly.
I remember seeing him sitting drinking with another Saint player in Tassy
a few years ago and Ball's body language appeared to be why is this saint player trying to make conversation with me ? - he looked aloof and disinterested in engaging in converastion, just nodding or making one word responses - almost to the point of being rude if you asked me.

I sensed some arrogance - "I'm better than you, have a higher HSC score to prove it " air about him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

not really about character- about choices...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
Top4King wrote:
I remember seeing him sitting drinking with another Saint player in Tassy
a few years ago and Ball's body language appeared to be why is this saint player trying to make conversation with me ? - he looked aloof and disinterested in engaging in converastion, just nodding or making one word responses - almost to the point of being rude if you asked me.

I sensed some arrogance - "I'm better than you, have a higher HSC score to prove it " air about him.
I saw him GF night which was only 6 weeks ago and he looked as disappointed as every other player. I have seen him many times and he is far from aloof. Ask and Saints player even after today and they will say he is a top bloke. Unlike supporters players dont take these sort of things personally because unlike us their passion usually only lasts as long as they are at the club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Ask and Saints player even after today and they will say he is a top bloke. Unlike supporters players dont take these sort of things personally because unlike us their passion usually only lasts as long as their pay cheque lasts.
Edited for accuracy.

Lance or James??

spert
Saintsational Legend

Simple -under RL, you want a game, you tick all the boxes he wants, or go away and fix the problem and prove that you are ready via the VFL. If that's an issue with a player then your time under RL will be limited and nothing will be guaranteed. Ball would not get a game with any other top four team due his foot skill deficiencies alone, though he will slot into a lesser team who may be looking for a bit of toughness and experience..a Melbourne maybe, though clearly Collingwood need someone like Ball as they are deficient in the intelligence area.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
So worried that he expects someone to pay 500k ? :shock:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saint1974
Club Player

Lockett Everitt Hall Ball great players no chatacter.

Milne Dal Santo great players character Strenghth Through Loyalty!