Our "FRIEND" Paul Connors !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:With Ball now leaving and Goose delisted, does Connors still manage any Saints players?
Probably at a guess 5-10 players and they dont have issues. bally wanted to leave the clun not Conners but we have to blame someone for this apart from bally or our club. Why not pick the manager.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:With Ball now leaving and Goose delisted, does Connors still manage any Saints players?
Probably at a guess 5-10 players and they dont have issues. bally wanted to leave the clun not Conners but we have to blame someone for this apart from bally or our club. Why not pick the manager.
Well as I recall it, it was Connors who over 4 days during Trade Week gave 4 differnet reasons for Ball wanting to leave.
Who should we 'blame' that on?
The Club?

And how do you know the real reasons behind Ball leaving?
He seemed to have no issues with the way he was being treated during the finals. In fact he went on the public record to tell the football world how well he was being looked after.

And plugger, I know you don't believe in the 'tooth fairy' so you know very well that Connors has been negotiating a deal with Collingwood for months.
Well before this apparent 'game time' issue arose.
In fact, he probably started negotiating with Collingwood soon after the Saints offered him the new 3 year contract on reduced salary.

It's not a 'stretch' to then make the assumption that money had a fair bit to do with Connors decision to start negotiating with Collingwood for Ball. And I don't have a problem with that, as long as all concerned are honest about it.

Not this patently absurd BS that is coming out of Ball's camp.

IMO it's not a bad sign that the Club are no longer prepared to allow the 'stars' to get awy with anything, like they have in the past.

Maybe we'll finally become the professional Club we need to be for sustained excellence?

sainterjo
Club Player

killa_gram wrote:Paul Connors is your standard Xavier w@nker who has NFI! :evil:
That's because they never let them finish year 12!

I usually agree with the pragmatic and ironic p66, but I can't see what's not to despise about Luke Ball. Hope Freo picks him up and his groins implode running around at Subi. So there.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well as I recall it, it was Connors who over 4 days during Trade Week gave 4 differnet reasons for Ball wanting to leave.
The Club?

He seemed to have no issues with the way he was being treated during the finals. In fact he went on the public record to tell the football world how well he was being looked after.

And plugger, I know you don't believe in the 'tooth fairy' so you know very well that Connors has been negotiating a deal with Collingwood for months.
In fact, he probably started negotiating with Collingwood soon after the Saints offered him the new 3 year contract on reduced salary.

It's not a 'stretch' to then make the assumption that money had a fair bit to do with Connors decision to start negotiating with Collingwood for Ball. And I don't have a problem with that, as long as all concerned are honest about it.

IMO it's not a bad sign that the Club are no longer prepared to allow the 'stars' to get awy with anything, like they have in the past.

Maybe we'll finally become the professional Club we need to be for sustained excellence?
I wouldnt have a clue why Bally wants to leave but i still think money has less to do with it than basically guarenteed game time.

Also why does there have to be any blame on anyone. Bally wanted to leave and the Saints were prepared to trade him at the right price. Doesnt have to be blame.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Club?

I wouldnt have a clue why Bally wants to leave but i still think money has less to do with it than basically guarenteed game time.

Also why does there have to be any blame on anyone. Bally wanted to leave and the Saints were prepared to trade him at the right price. Doesnt have to be blame.
Shouldn't you be working on getting him to Collingwood Paul?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Club?

Money has always something to do with it. In every job, in every profession.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So plugger, how do you reconcile the public position Luke Ball took when doing press conferences during the finals and the 'daily reasons' given on his behalf during trade week?

And do you believe he was 'dropped' from the team mid-season for any reason other than performance/fitness?

Also do you believe his 'game time' was deliberately reduced later in the season (including GF) because of non-performance/fitness issues or other reason(s)?

I just don't see how both sides to this 'game time' argument can be correct.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Tue 10 Nov 2009 2:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Funny...

The supporters want the club to become professional.

The club becomes professional.

The club stands up to Collingwood and looks after it's own interests when a player of some currency decides to leave for whatever reason.

The club is to blame? :shock:

Kindly name another club that would accomodate such a move and give the player it's blessing?

Maybe if we're playing in GF and the opposition lose 2 players during the game, we should reduce our interchange bench by 2 players... coz it's the "nice" thing to do? :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:So plugger, how do you reconcile the public position Luke Ball took when doing press conferences during the finals and the 'daily reasons' given on his behalf during trade week?

And do you believe he was 'dropped' from the team mid-season for any reason other than performance/fitness?

Also do you believe his 'game time' was deliberately reduced later in the season (including GF) because of non-performance/fitness issues or other reason(s)?

Was away in queensland during trade week but like most things said in public by a club or a player I add 2 divide by 5 multiple by 3 and then take no notice at all.

I dont understand your question about being dropped. Everyone knows it was a fitness issue and a little about performance. if anything that probably explains more to me why he wanted to leave. he knew he would never get his body right for the way he is required to play at the saints but at another club with a different style of play he could be ok,.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I dont understand your question about being dropped. Everyone knows it was a fitness issue and a little about performance. if anything that probably explains more to me why he wanted to leave.
So he hasn't got the will to get fit enough to play footy at the Saints?

But still puts a half milion price on his head (according to the Age).

Well........

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:So plugger, how do you reconcile the public position Luke Ball took when doing press conferences during the finals and the 'daily reasons' given on his behalf during trade week?

Was away in queensland during trade week but like most things said in public by a club or a player I add 2 divide by 5 multiple by 3 and then take no notice at all.

I dont understand your question about being dropped. Everyone knows it was a fitness issue and a little about performance. if anything that probably explains more to me why he wanted to leave. he knew he would never get his body right for the way he is required to play at the saints but at another club with a different style of play he could be ok,.
Doesn't matter which way you're trying to paint this - fact is it does not say much about Luke's character. He didn't want to work hard enough?? He thought he was better than what we were paying him?? He wanted to play 100 minutes instead of 50??? So what is the reason? It looks rather like someone having tickets on themselves to me!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Doesn't matter which way you're trying to paint this - fact is it does not say much about Luke's character. He didn't want to work hard enough?? He thought he was better than what we were paying him?? He wanted to play 100 minutes instead of 50??? So what is the reason? It looks rather like someone having tickets on themselves to me!!!
It may to you but to me it looks like a guy worried about getting many games next year because his body doesnt allow him to play the style RL wants him to play, deciding that he will try elsewhere.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It may to you but to me it looks like a guy worried about getting many games next year because his body doesnt allow him to play the style RL wants him to play, deciding that he will try elsewhere.
Great, let's say I agree with your analysis.

Why did he allow his manager to denigrate our Club with his hysterical 'untenable' comments?

AND worse, why has he allowed that accusation to just lay there festering for the whole football world to guffaw at.

That accusation brought our Club's professionalism, morals, ethics and conduct into question.

For that reason alone I will not wish Luke Ball good luck - he had the opportunity like many champions have in the past to leave our Club on good terms and with dignity.
Unfortunately he chose, for whatever reasons, to take the 'easy way out' and allow others to 'tarnish' our Club for him.

Disrespectful behaviour from him.
Disgraceful behaviour from him and his management.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Tue 10 Nov 2009 9:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
The club stands up to Collingwood and looks after it's own interests when a player of some currency decides to leave for whatever reason.
I think in the end Ball and Connors were dealing in monopoly money

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D