Will we allow ball to.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Purely in player terms... is Ball worth all the hassle?

That's a serious question BTW.
I would think so.

Before we can do anything, we need to get the ball. Lovett and Dal and others are nothing unless a Hayes or Ball gets it first.

Hard at it, leads by example, young, still capable of overcoming his injuries and improving, yeah I would say in playing terms alone - definately worth it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote: is Ball worth all the hassle?

The Hoff thinks so.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Milton66 wrote: is Ball worth all the hassle?

The Hoff thinks so.
Zing!

8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

End up as a mature age rookie at Collingwood permanently playing in the VFL.

AND NOT HAPPY

Melbourne has said it wont take Ball against his will.
However, Bailey said if the 142-game player expressed a desire to move elsewhere, the Demons would not pursue him.
"I think if a player sat down in front of me, and said, 'I don't want to play at Melbourne', it's a short discussion," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Despite claims and a lot of hoopla from the AFLPA demanding free agency, most players who have expressed a strong desire to go to a particular club get there.
There seems to be a tried and proven manner to legally tamper with the pre-season draft.
Sydney is doing it with Daniel Bradshaw.
Collingwood with Luke Ball.

The player merely says where he would like to go for family or playing career reasons and how he will fit in at that club, well before nominating for the draft.
He does not state openly that he refuses to go to any other club.
The player totally ignores approaches from all other clubs and starts training with his destination club.
The player's manager fields enquiries from rival clubs with a "don't waste my time, bye".
The destination club says that they are extremely keen to gain the services of the player, that they believe he wants to come to their club and hopes that other clubs will respect the players wishes.
Player wishes being code for he only wants to play for us but can't actually say so because of AFL rules, but look at his conduct if you are in any doubt.
Other clubs don't want players reluctant players.
The destination club and the player agree on a first year salary that the destination club can afford within their salary cap but which other clubs may not.

The result of all this legal draft tampering is that other clubs look elsewhere and pass over the player at the pre-season draft.

Luke Ball has already told Melbourne to go to hell by refusing to meet with them and then left for Hong Kong.
Other clubs know what that conduct is code for.

My guess is
Luke will not nominate for the national draft but he will force St Kilda's hand at list lodgement No2, to delist him.
That will be pretty easy, all he has to do is call Ross Lyon and say #@%&.
Once St Kilda delists him, he is free to train with Collingwood.

But Collingwood is a greedy club.
They would like every player possible.
They will approach every player possible.
They will tempt every player possible.
They then decide who they WANT.
They wanted Darren Jolly not Luke Ball.

Other players may become available that Collingwood like such as Andrew Welsh from Essendon.
Collingwood could WANT one these players ahead of Ball.

That then leaves Luke Ball sitting on the shelf at the end of the pre-season draft.
Collingwood could then well take Ball as a mature age rookie on above award pay.
But as Collingwood already have two veterans outside the list, they could not make Ball available for selection by making him a nominated rookie.
He would have to rely on long term injuries to get a temporary senior promotion before being eligible for selection.

S#%@ happens Luke.
THINK AGAIN

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
aussiejones
Club Player

When the music stops ...Ball could find there is no chair.

IMO he is keeping his St Kilda options open ....but just .

IMO he needs a new manager .....as well he would have had a realty check in the past month.

Swallow it Luke come and play for the Saints for what you really are now worth ....otherwise you could end up nowhere.