AFL releases "permission to train" list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintfreddy
Club Player

AFL releases "permission to train" list

The AFL has released the list of players given permission to train with other clubs.

St Kilda as expected has NIL players training with them.

Interesting that Carlton who are linked with Matt Maguire do not list him to train with them

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL releases "permission to train" list

saintfreddy wrote:The AFL has released the list of players given permission to train with other clubs.

Interesting that Carlton who are linked with Matt Maguire do not list him to train with them
Sorry you can't train with St Kilda we are still on holidays. :D :D :D
The young group should resume on 16 November with the main group on 23 November.

Clubs have to pay players to train with them and pay for their medical cover.

AFL Players Agreement covers delisted players training with other clubs as follows
15. Uncontracted Player
Where an uncontracted listed or recently delisted (at the end of the last AFL Season) Player trains with an AFL Club, the AFL Club shall pay the Player per week for each week the Player trains at the AFL Club no less than the following:
2007 $535
2008 $575
2009 $595
2010 $615
2011 $635
If an AFL Club enters into a contract with the Player that covers the period the Player trained with the Club and in respect to which the Player was entitled to receive payments under this clause, the payments the Player was entitled to may be taken into account in part satisfaction of the amounts due to the Player under the Player’s contract. An uncontracted listed Player is entitled to the benefits set out in paragraph 9.2 of this Schedule B.

9.2 Any player, not being a Player under a playing contract with an AFL Club, who participates in any practice Matches or training arranged by or on behalf of any AFL Club shall be covered, at no cost to such player, for top medical and hospital insurance and disability insurance and loss of wages to the same level as Players are covered in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and/or the AFLPA private health insurance program referred to in paragraph 9.1 above. The cost of such insurance shall be met by the AFL Club. The relevant AFL Club shall advise each such player in writing of the following:
(a) the name of the insurer/s;
(b) the level of cover;
(c) the expiry date of the policy;
(d) the name of the contact person at the Club to deal with matters relating to the above insurance.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
saintfreddy wrote:The AFL has released the list of players given permission to train with other clubs.

The young group should resume on 16 November with the main group on 23 November.

AFL Players Agreement covers delisted players training with other clubs as follows
15. Uncontracted Player
Where an uncontracted listed or recently delisted (at the end of the last AFL Season) Player trains with an AFL Club, the AFL Club shall pay the Player per week for each week the Player trains at the AFL Club no less than the following:
2007 $535
2008 $575
2009 $595
2010 $615
2011 $635
If an AFL Club enters into a contract with the Player that covers the period the Player trained with the Club and in respect to which the Player was entitled to receive payments under this clause, the payments the Player was entitled to may be taken into account in part satisfaction of the amounts due to the Player under the Player’s contract. An uncontracted listed Player is entitled to the benefits set out in paragraph 9.2 of this Schedule B.

9.2 Any player, not being a Player under a playing contract with an AFL Club, who participates in any practice Matches or training arranged by or on behalf of any AFL Club shall be covered, at no cost to such player, for top medical and hospital insurance and disability insurance and loss of wages to the same level as Players are covered in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and/or the AFLPA private health insurance program referred to in paragraph 9.1 above. The cost of such insurance shall be met by the AFL Club. The relevant AFL Club shall advise each such player in writing of the following:
(b) the level of cover;
(d) the name of the contact person at the Club to deal with matters relating to the above insurance.

thank you...you are one of the most knowledgeable and helpful posters on ss.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:

15. Uncontracted Player
2007 $535
2008 $575
2009 $595
2010 $615
2011 $635

(b) the level of cover;
Your signature is right, Ace.

Of course the "you" is in reference to me and not you, you know :wink:

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Interesting that Alex Silvani is training at Freo...

I just remember everyone liking him last year at Casey..

You were either a Dawson, Silvani or Carrol man/woman... haha

Personally, i was a Carrol man... :? :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

Irish player Niall McKeever has already signed with Brisbane, he will be a pre-selected rookie for them just like Tommy Walsh for us.
James O'Reilly has signed with Richmond, so ditto there.
They don't become officially rookie until 15 December so they must be listed with the AFL if they are to train.

Other Irish like Tomas McCann can try out.
McCann is trialling with Richmond for 3 weeks.
http://www.irishnews.com/articles/597/5 ... nesta.html.

I love O'Reilly's comment "It’s not like getting paid to lounge about all day and play a game of football at the weekend".

When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Interesting that Alex Silvani is training at Freo...

I just remember everyone liking him last year at Casey..

You were either a Dawson, Silvani or Carrol man/woman... haha

Personally, i was a Carrol man... :? :D
Silvagni and Carroll :oops: :wink: