Will we allow ball to.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

undecided
Club Player

Will we allow ball to.....

Sign only a 1 year contract if he decides to stay.

For me it has to be atleast a 2 year deal to sshow he is truely comited.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yeh, no one year deals.

markp
Saintsational Legend

If that's what he wants I'd take it... but offer him peanuts.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Markp. Chances are he'll leave at the end of the year - but 12 months is a long time. Who knows how he'll feel in 12 months time?

I've heard he's interested in going to the GC after this year, so better to use him for 1 more year than lose him for nothing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I agree with Markp. Chances are he'll leave at the end of the year - but 12 months is a long time. Who knows how he'll feel in 12 months time?

I've heard he's interested in going to the GC after this year, so better to use him for 1 more year than lose him for nothing.
How did you hear he was interested in the Gold Coast when he wants to go to Collingwood. If bally stays both him and the club will come to some sort of agreement and my guess it will be 2 years.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:I agree with Markp. Chances are he'll leave at the end of the year - but 12 months is a long time. Who knows how he'll feel in 12 months time?

How did you hear he was interested in the Gold Coast when he wants to go to Collingwood. If bally stays both him and the club will come to some sort of agreement and my guess it will be 2 years.
Gold Coast have heaps of MONEY inside their salary cap.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy to offer him whatever the CLub feels he's worth, for however long they mutually want to.
A request for 12 months from either party would be an indication, IMO, of a still fractured relationship.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

As I said on a previous thread, maybe we could offer a performance based contract.

$100,000 for every kick over 50 metres. :? :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Gold Coast have heaps of MONEY inside their salary cap.
When has it been proven Bally is money hungry?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Just because he stays - doesn't mean that in his eyes we're not the best of a bad pick. Just reckon that it would nearly be impossible for him at the moment to completely embrace the club again - and maybe vice versa. However Andrew Lovett was in a similar position last year, and managed to play his best footy yet this year, so it can still work. My guess is that it will be a 2 year contract, but conditional for parties in the seecond year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: However Andrew Lovett was in a similar position last year, and managed to play his best footy yet this year, so it can still work. My guess is that it will be a 2 year contract, but conditional for parties in the seecond year.
O'Keefe from Sydney requested trade - didn't get it, worked through it and Did fairly well in their Best and Fairest.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Moods wrote: However Andrew Lovett was in a similar position last year, and managed to play his best footy yet this year, so it can still work. My guess is that it will be a 2 year contract, but conditional for parties in the seecond year.
O'Keefe from Sydney requested trade - didn't get it, worked through it and Did fairly well in their Best and Fairest.
That's true about O'Keefe. I don't think he was under the media spotlight like Luke is now though. It's going to be difficult for Luke if he stays. The media will pounce. If he stays, the club and Luke need to get on the front foot and try to nullify the media swiftly. They need to say that Luke is a part of the 2010 St Kilda playing list and that is that. A united front is imperative.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

My take....

Luke often talks about how this year was the kick up the bum he needed, whilst I think that alot of what he said was lip service at the time, I am beginning to suspect that the real kick up the bum (should he realise it) was perhaps the lack of suitors during trade, and seeing just how highly Collingwood rated his services with their "offer" to the club....

One year or two, I don't really care, I just want the decision to be a real one, and not feel like he is just settling for the Saints....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
That's true about O'Keefe. I don't think he was under the media spotlight like Luke is now though. It's going to be difficult for Luke if he stays. The media will pounce. If he stays, the club and Luke need to get on the front foot and try to nullify the media swiftly. They need to say that Luke is a part of the 2010 St Kilda playing list and that is that. A united front is imperative.
And IIRC, O'Keefe, and/or his management, didn't publicly 'bag' the Swans?

It's a long way from 'untenable' to reconciliation.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

He has stated he doesn't want to go interstate.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i suspect he'll sign for 1 year... and then sign a 2-3yr contract midseason and play out his career at the saints

no source, just a gut feeling

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i suspect he'll sign for 1 year... and then sign a 2-3yr contract midseason and play out his career at the saints

hope you are right....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i suspect he'll sign for 1 year... and then sign a 2-3yr contract midseason and play out his career at the saints

Lets start with a year if thats what Ball wants.

A year is a long time and this time next year the circumstances may be completely different.

Will be very happy to see LB back in Saints colours. Imagine a firing LB getting it to a flying Lovett???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:My take....

Luke often talks about how this year was the kick up the bum he needed, whilst I think that alot of what he said was lip service at the time, I am beginning to suspect that the real kick up the bum (should he realise it) was perhaps the lack of suitors during trade, and seeing just how highly Collingwood rated his services with their "offer" to the club....

One year or two, I don't really care, I just want the decision to be a real one, and not feel like he is just settling for the Saints....
No other team was going to touch him, since he made it clear it was only Collingwood he wanted.
Collingwood never offer a fair trade.
Luke's so called manager was also representing Jolly, who we all know is now at Collingwood, and Goose, who we all know has been delisted.

I would suggest Mr Connors is the one requiring a kick up the khyber.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:My take....

Good insight, SainterK. He is a smart guy and I think he will be struggling with the lack of suitors. We are the team to be with for 2010, there is no doubt about that. So I reckon Luke and/or his "manager" have erred big time.

PJ
SS Life Member

To be quite frank I'd rather see us give Armitage some serious game time so 1 years good for me - here's your premiership medal Luke, there's your hat, what's your hurry?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
O'keefe aslo wanted to leave to return to Vic .. Luke wants to stay in Vic but play for a diff team ... i dunno i look at Luke in a differant light after all of this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
O'keefe aslo wanted to leave to return to Vic .. Luke wants to stay in Vic but play for a diff team ... i dunno i look at Luke in a differant light after all of this
Must not have had a great opinion of Sammy Hamill when he came to the saints.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Are you suggesting that the Hammill scenario was the same as the Ball scenario?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Reckon Sammy and Luke's reasons for wanting to leave were/are pretty different

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor